Jacie Slagle of White House Heritage

timbdp

Patriot#3,

Do you know about why that Jo Byrnes coach was hollering at Jacie's brother from the bench the other night? It was so weird. The guy quit coaching to yell at him. The brother wasn't saying anything to the coach.

I hate to hear that about Crunk and Redding. Their concussions must be pretty serious to put them out for the entire season. What rotten luck for the Patriots. Good news on the Slagle kid though.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue y the coach was yellling at the her brother i hadnt even heard anythin about it...ill try and remember to ask about it tho.

Yes losing Redding and Crunk were huge losses to the team. Redding had 2 concussions this year and Krunk had to wear a neck brace for a while. So yes they were pretty serious injuries and I wouldnt risk their basketball career at such a young age. Especially with as talented as they are. I would make sure they were able to stay for a while.

GO PATS!!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this has not been active for a while but I would like to clarify something that was posted earlier on this thread. Apparently there was a question about when Jacie started playing basketball be it as a freshman or earlier. When the person (Cpg or someting) was talking with Jacie's mom at the Overton tournament she mistook that Jacie had only started playing AAU ball for that she had not played high school or other organized ball. Jacie had not played AAU ball until the last couple of years. Instead, she was playing travel softball and soccer. Jacie is just a natural athlete and has always played multiple sports.

No problem here just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding.

Go Lady Patriots! Congratulation on beating Jo Byrns!

DRIKA,

Read my post again. It doesn't say travel soccer. As far as AAU I'm talking about a team like Tennessee Elite not a local little team like Coach V's. I just wanted to clarify that Ms. Slagle didn't lie to the lady at Overton.

It was just a misunderstanding not some kind of a federal case.

sorry exceed didn't realize that a local team like coach v's was a different level than a team like tn. elite.

if clark was given the ok to shoot anytime she wanted in the wh heritage district, she would be averaging over 50 points a game and shooting 75% not 20% and her teammates would love her because she is a team player.

DRIKA,

Tennessee Elite is a prestigous nationally recognized team that even Pat Summit's neice played on. I'll give Jacie credit that she has been showing some real team play lately on the court. She might need to work on that in the locker room from what I've picked up at ballgames. It would be a shame to see her talent go to waste over off the court junk.

Apparently, you are not a big Jacie fan but give her due she does have the stuff. When she is on you can't beat her for ability. Maybe on the college level someone will be able to rein her and she could be

Come on give my girl some LOVE!!!!! Jacie you fricken rock! There isn't a whole lot of other support. With an 8th grader as a starter, and probably the second best player on the team out with cuncussions she doesn't have a whole lot else to work with. Her percentage may not be at par, but the rest of the teams percentage isn't that excellent either. Don't get me wrong I love these girls some of the are my best friends. Its been a rough season, to say the least, but with the age of our players, the future is beyond promising.

Yes, you're right she is a gym rat! I think that is great too! She works so hard to and deserves everything. She plays with the guys and beats us most of the time. Great Job this season Jacie, and the rest of you Lady Patriots....We've made a lot of IMPROVEMENT....Way to go Coach Dup

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HeritagePunter