Haywood Ranked #4 in the new AP polls

tomcatfan

Haywood is finally getting some attention in the polls. I can't believe that they are ranked above Bolivar. I know that Bolivar has defeated Haywood twice this year in hard fought games, but they are still a Great team. They beat Fayette Ware by 20 pts. in Somerville and they have beaten Northside in Jackson. Two teams that Bolivar lost to. I am glad to see West Tennessee representing in the polls because there is some serious bball being played in West TN and Memphis over the past few years. Just had to get this off my chest because people really dont talk alot about the Tomcats on this board.

I like Haywood...but this was just a jaw dropper for me. I know they are good but i just cant figure out how they can be ahead of us after we beat yall twice this year. I'm gonna leave it at that...this thread would be locked if i said the things i'd like to about it :rolleyes:

825536292[/snapback]

btown,

To be honest thats why I posted this thread I knew I could get a comment from you if nobody else would. Dont get caught up in these polls, what do they really mean. Everyone on here knows you all have a good team in Bolivar. Think about it if you were in our shoes. We are 17-3 and no one really gives us any credit for being good. So its no need to go off about what you think of the polls and get the thread locked. I just want the Tomcats to start getting some credit from people thats all. You never even see gomab even giving Haywood many props on this board.

Nawh im not mad i was just shocked to see it. I gave Haywood the credit they deserved, I think you were the one that started the topic about the Fayette-Ware game and i said Haywood was good and shouldnt have any problem with them. I could care less about the ap poll...just look at how messed up the AAA is. They are very underrated but they have a tough task to get to state...Union City in region and if they lose then they will likely have to play the #1 team in the state, Raleigh-Egypt. If they can make it through that there wont be many doubters when they arrive in the boro.

Nawh im not mad i was just shocked to see it. I gave Haywood the credit they deserved, I think you were the one that started the topic about the Fayette-Ware game and i said Haywood was good and shouldnt have any problem with them. I could care less about the ap poll...just look at how messed up the AAA is. They are very underrated but they have a tough task to get to state...Union City in region and if they lose then they will likely have to play the #1 team in the state, Raleigh-Egypt. If they can make it through that there wont be many doubters when they arrive in the boro.

825536472[/snapback]

I think that the people that play in region 7AA have the hardest road to Murfreesboro. Not taking anything away from what other regions have to go through, but look at who the winners and losers from this region has to face. You are talking about the possibility of winning the region chamionship and your reward is facing Mitchell or Raleigh Egypt. That is no cake walk I dont care how you look at it.

Haywood is finally getting some attention in the polls.  I can't believe that they are ranked above Bolivar.  I know that Bolivar has defeated Haywood twice this year in hard fought games, but they are still a Great team.  They beat Fayette Ware by 20 pts. in Somerville and they have beaten Northside in Jackson.  Two teams that Bolivar lost to.  I am glad to see West Tennessee representing in the polls because there is some serious bball being played in West TN and Memphis over the past few years.  Just had to get this off my chest because people really dont talk alot about the Tomcats on this board.

825536276[/snapback]

Interesting poll!! Lexington also received some votes and Southside received none. The poll is somewhat accurate but some teams and players are overated at the beggining of the season. Bolivar is good, but not as good as last year. I know most folks thought that the Chisolm - Kemp combo would be unreal. Chisolm has not done that much for the team and Kemp game depends alot on his big man producing. By the end of the tournament, I think some heads are going to spin because Gardner/Lexington is going to make some real noise this year.

Interesting poll!! Lexington also received some votes and Southside received none. The poll is somewhat accurate but some teams and players are overated at the beggining of the season. Bolivar is good, but not as good as last year. I know most folks thought that the Chisolm - Kemp combo would be unreal. Chisolm has not done that much for the team and Kemp game depends alot on his big man producing. By the end of the tournament, I think some heads are going to spin because Gardner/Lexington is going to make some real noise this year.

825536708[/snapback]

This team is as good as last years. Kemp and Chism, not too many teams in the state have a duo like that and now Olajuwon Kemp is becoming 1 of the better big men in the area. What 3 guys does Lexington have that can stop any of these guys...nobody. As far as Chism not producing...its our slowdown offense stupid...the whole team only scores between 50-60. Its just a shame that Lexington will never get the chance to play Bolivar cause Liberty will take care of that for us. I sure was looking forward to seein mack get schooled by willie.

by the way dude....i wouldnt be braggin about bein better than southside...thats not sayin much.