Loretto 74, Lewis Co. 39

PageMan

Lewis Co......9..11....11...8......39

Loretto.........9..18....26..21.....74

Loretto 74 - Jana Cross 17, Laura Birdyshaw 12, Nikki Reed 10, Leah Stone 7, Sarah Brewer 6, Paige Hannah 5, Mandy Cross 5, Channing Franklin 4, Dava Dickson 4, Jessica Green 2, Beth Brown 2

Lewis Co. 39 - Nicole Duncan 9, Courtney Sheets 8, Allyson Brewer 7, Casey Anderson 7, Whitley Clayton 3, Jeanie Durham 2, Chelsa Beasley 2, Heather Hudgins 1

Three Point Goals:

Loretto 5 - Birdyshaw 2, Stone, Hannah, M. Cross

Lewis Co. 1 - C. Anderson

Team Free Throws: Loretto 13 of 17 (76.5%), Lewis Co. 10 of 15 (66.7%)

Team Fouls: Loretto 15, Lewis Co. 12

Team Turnovers: Loretto 12, Lewis Co. 23

Rebounds:

Loretto 28 - J. Cross 6, Hannah 4, Green 4, Franklin 4, Dickson 4, Stone 3, Brown 2, M. Cross 1

Lewis Co. 19 - C. Anderson 6, Duncan 3, Marisa Bryant 2, Brewer 1, Kasey Kilpatrick 1, Summer Jones 1, Sheets 1, Diksie Scott 1, Hudgins 1, Sara James 1, Micah Anderson 1

Assists:

Loretto 20 - Green 7, J. Cross 4, Birdyshaw 3, M. Cross 2, Reed 2, Stone 1, Franklin 1

Lewis Co. 10 - C. Anderson 3, Brewer 2, Duncan 1, Sheets 1, M. Anderson 1, Durham 1, James 1

At the end of the 1st qtr., the score was tied, 9-9, as Loretto's Birdyshaw had 5 with a three and 2 of 2 FT's, Hannah had 2, Franklin hit 2 of 2 FT's, and J. Cross was 0 of 2 FT's while Lewis Co.'s Duncan had 5 with 1 of 2 FT's and Sheets had 4. In the 2nd qtr., Loretto outscored Lewis Co., 18-11, as Birdyshaw had 7 with a three, Hannah hit a three, Stone, Dickson, and Brewer each had 2, and Green hit 2 of 2 FT's while Lewis Co.'s Brewer had 7 with 5 of 6 FT's and both C. Anderson and Sheets each had 2 as Loretto led at the half, 27-20. In the 3rd qtr., Loretto outscored Lewis Co., 26-11, as J. Cross had 17 with 1 of 1 FT's, Stone had 5 with a three and 2 of 2 FT's, Franklin had 2, and Reed had 2 with 0 of 2 FT's while Lewis Co.'s C. Anderson had 5 with a three, Duncan had 4 with 2 of 2 FT's, and Sheets had 2 as Loretto led after 3 qtrs., 53-31. In the 4th qtr., Loretto outscored Lewis Co., 21-8, as Reed had 8 with 2 of 2 FT's, M. Cross had 5 with a three, Brewer had 4, Brown had 2, and Dickson hit 2 of 2 FT's while Lewis Co.'s Clayton had 3 with 1 of 2 FT's, both Durham and Beasley each had 2, Hudgins hit 1 of 2 FT's, and Taylor McKinney was 0 of 1 FT's as Loretto won 74-39.

I think no one was more surprised than I was that Jana Cross was scoreless at the half, but she made up for it with her 17 pts in the 3rd qtr. Every player on both teams played down the stretch and I hope I got everybody's name right. Lewis played well in the 1st half as their defense was good, but needed a little more scoring. Loretto's 47 pt 2nd half was too much for Lewis Co. as even Loretto's bench played well. Congratulations Loretto and see you Friday in Rudderville.

Thanks score3. Good luck against Deshler tonight. I'll be checking "The Times Daily" out of Florence for a report on the game. See you Friday.

P.S. I just checked the Times Daily and they said that Deshler is 21-1 with their only loss of the season to Loretto in the holiday tournament. I know that they will be seeking revenge tonight on their home court. Be careful down there.

Edited by PageMan