District 11A

Unionvegas

Lynchmob, I am not sure how many games you have seen Bunn play this year, but I have seen most of them. No offense to Bunn, but she is not even one of the top 3 posts in the district. There have been numerous games in which the guards could not get the ball down the floor which would limit the touches she gets, but there have also been many games that she had plenty and wouldn't go strong and score.

Again, I think Bunn is a fine player but she can not carry a team on her own like a true dominant single A player. For Cascade to have seven wins this season after losing 4 starters and having Bunn return terribly out of shape, and 1 junior on the team is not bad. No, it is not what I would like to see from the girls, but at least they do compete. Give Coach Ferrell some credit for that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more cents... if I may. I was the one that asked why everyone thinks Coach Landers is so great. I do think he is a fine coach, and he is one of the best in 11a, but how long has he been at Cornersville? How long has the district been down? Where did he come from and what has he done there? Great coaches are defined by championships and teams that do not lay down on their coach. There is one in Shelbyville and one was in Moore Co. last year. I just don't think we can label him one of the best until he consistently wins championships.

dkoons52,

I can tell you this that 2 years ago Coach Landers did one of the best coaching jobs I've seen lately at the district tournament.  He took Moore County that finished in the top 4 in the state to the wire.  Anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell from watching his offense and his defensive schemes that the guy can flat out coach.

Having said all of that I am not taking anything away fromt the players because they are the ones who have to play the game.  But I will say this they layed down on him last year.  They were better than their record last year.

Personally you may not like the man but that has nothing to do with his coaching ability.  Speaking of hurt feelings you must of had yours hurt when he didn't play your kid. :(

825541548[/snapback]

No you are way off. My "kid" is on the Richland Lady Raiders. He could take some classes in sportsmanship 101. And what are the trophies he has won ??

Now it all makes sense, Cornersville just beat your daughters team, I wouldnt like him either :lol:

825541759[/snapback]

The Cornersville girls team has nothing to do with my opinion of him, they are kids ... I have never liked him as a coach, so what?? Why are you soooooooo offended, As far as the Lady Raiders, bashing them on their awesome season so far, is as wrong as you saying he's so good. So we are finished talking about something that wasn't worth the time to begin with.

Edited by dkoons52

• 2 weeks later...
Vegas,

You are right Coach Landers is one of the best coaches in the state.  Cornersville is the team that has worried me all year.  I watched them play before the season at Shelbyville's play day and they looked more talented than last years bunch.  They seem to be peeking at the right time.  The next few weeks will tell if they will continue to gain momentum or go into the tank down the stretch.

I think Chapel Hill is a good young team but they also have been over hyped.

I also agree with your statement about Richland.  They are way over hyped and have stumbled under the pressure of being the hunted instead of the hunter.  Time will tell if the stumble becomes a crumble.

Huntland has folded like a house of cards.

Cascade's guards are improving but still have a ways to go.  If that genius of a coach would let Bunn touch the ball 40 times a game they might be a team to deal with down the stretch and in the tournament.  How do you have one of the best post players in Single A and she only touches the ball about every 7 or 8 trips down the floor.  Like Bobby Knight said about Dale Brown as long as She's coaching everybody has a chance. :blink:

Now to the Raiderettes.  Not so fast my friend!  Don't sail them down the river just yet.  They are still the most talented team in the district hands down.  They are going through some first year growing pains with Coach Tipps and the new system.  But don't be suprised if we get the wheels back on and make a big run down the stretch and during the tournament.  Remember what they always say the Cream always rises to the Top. B)

825540927[/snapback]

lynchmbob, you cannot EVEN TALK about a team being over-hyped. Moore co. talks more crap than any other team on coach t! Even if Chapel hill was over hyped, they deserve EVERY BIT of it because they work their butt's off. And if I'm not mistaken, we beat moore co. tues. night by i think it was 8! so how is that for you lynchmbob?