Best guard in Chattanooga

Chattbballfan

redandwhiteforever uh, just so you know the finalists for mr. basketball haven't come out yet- so how could bailey be "up for mr. Basketball" yea his name has been mentioned but so has jonathan baxter which obviously means nothing if your name is thrown around- so uh let me check......... yea your a moron.

825543424[/snapback]

Ya'll are hilarious when you bring up J. Baxter.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your talking about Eldridge right? If so I guess we all know why your not a coach. Any coach would want him on his team. Think if he was on a team who could get him open better.

825543355[/snapback]

If you want serious comments, you really could not consider the Eldridge kid to be one of the best guards in Chattanooga. I have not seen a AAA school yet that he would start on. His all around game is simply not that good and when playing better overall competition he shows his weaknesses.

Davis is a pretty good shooter, but even there I don't think he is the best in Chatt.

By the way, I have coached for years, and he would not be choice of guards, and I don't mean any disrespect. He's a good kid, but not one of my first choices. Many of the others identified are much better players and athletes.

The Skogen kid is a pretty good ball player, but if he were playing at the AAA level, he would not be as impressive as the he appears against the smaller schools. I would take the Skogen kid on any team in Chattanooga.

Back to topic. Best guards...

Sanders from Brainerd is really good

I was impressed with Brandon Brown i think was his name #12 from OHS the game i saw him he did well and the team seemed to feed off of him.

Caleb is probably the best true point guard in the area.

Marsh from CSAS is also very good.

I dont know if you would consider Jeff Smith from Tyner a guard but if so he is one of best.

And haha Im gonna put Eldridge on here for his ability to shoot and shoot a jump shoot. He can pull up in peoples faces as well as anyone.

Taylor Patten from Notre dame. Havent been much talk about him on here put he can play.

Plavich from Baylor doesnt shoot off the dribble well but he can stroke itas well as anyone from outside.

Im sure ive missed some.

825543506[/snapback]

Let me comment on these:

Sanders at Brainerd: Great athlete, not a great basketball player. Too cocky and out of control.

Brown at Ooltewah: Great athlete, terrible shooter, although has improved from inside 15 feet. Great defender. If he had a shot he would be unbelievable.

Skogen at Temple: Is one of the better basketball players in the area, but he is not all that athletic. He also is not very strong; he can be pushed around and is not a really great defender on a team that is known for defense. But Temple is a really good defensive team; they teach team defense and it covers up for the weaknesses of some.

Marsh at CSAS: Great athlete and one of the better guards. Has a lot of potential, but often plays below his level.

Eldridge at Grace: shouldn't be mentioned with the best; wouldn't start for one AAA school in SE TN

Smith at Tyner: Really good athlete; not sure he is a guard, but he is one of the better ones. In colleged he will play guard and everyone will see that he is very good.

Patten at Notre Dame: he's pretty good; not considered one of the elite

Plavich at Baylor: not really impressed that much; weak physically; and not very fast; can be pushed around

From this list I like Smith and Marsh. If I added to the list I would include the sophomore from Bradley

ok coach, who is better? Skogen or Sanders?

825545681[/snapback]

Sanders is a better athlete; Skogen is a better all around player. Sanders is not very coachable. He tends to be selfish on the court and out of control at times. He's very good when he's on and almost impossible to stop.

One on one, I would take Sanders. On a team I would take Skogen.

Good post, so who do you think will take win state in A this year?

825545705[/snapback]

Beginning more and more to look like Temple. There just aren't that many teams in the State of TN at the A level to contest their approach to the game. Temple does not have a lot of great athletes or basketball players, but they do have a very good team at the A level.

Sanders is a better athlete; Skogen is a better all around player.  Sanders is not very coachable.  He tends to be selfish on the court and out of control at times.  He's very good when he's on and almost impossible to stop.

One on one, I would take Sanders.  On a team I would take Skogen.

825545701[/snapback]

I would take skogen also. A skogen is alos pretty athletic he jumps really well nad is lighting fast.