Best guard in Chattanooga

Chattbballfan

Skogen seems pretty athletic to me. He runs like a 4.5, he can jump, and is crazy in the air for his size.

825545719[/snapback]

I agree he jumps well, but there is more to being athletic than just jumping. A 4.5 helps on the football field, but it is lateral quickness that makes a difference on the basketball court, and his lateral quickness is average, nothing to write home to mom about.

I don't want to take away from what he can do, but you have others who are much better athletes. I won't always take just the athlete though, there is much more to the game than just athleticism. Skogen has some good abilities and should be mentioned in the better guards in Chattanooga. As I said earlier, even though he would not be as impressive on the AAA level, I do think he would start for any team in SE TN.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to topic. Best guards...

Sanders from Brainerd is really good

I was impressed with Brandon Brown i think was his name #12 from OHS the game i saw him he did well and the team seemed to feed off of him.

Caleb is probably the best true point guard in the area.

Marsh from CSAS is also very good.

I dont know if you would consider Jeff Smith from Tyner a guard but if so he is one of best.

And haha Im gonna put Eldridge on here for his ability to shoot and shoot a jump shoot. He can pull up in peoples faces as well as anyone.

Taylor Patten from Notre dame. Havent been much talk about him on here put he can play.

Plavich from Baylor doesnt shoot off the dribble well but he can stroke itas well as anyone from outside.

Im sure ive missed some.

825543506[/snapback]

red and white im sure you think calebs your boy and he can play. i have played against temple and brainard and guarded caleb and the point guard from brainard i think his number is three. caleb can play and im not trying to take anything away from him, but the point guard from brainard can do it all pretty well. he is fast he well kill a man or zone defense and create an open shot for his other players. caleb is quick as well but this guy from brainard has caleb

red and white im sure you think calebs your boy and he can play. i have played against temple and brainard and guarded caleb and the point guard from brainard i think his number is three. caleb can play and im not trying to take anything away from him, but the point guard from brainard can do it all pretty well. he is fast he well  kill a man or zone defense and create an open shot for his other players. caleb is quick as well but this guy from brainard has caleb

825545729[/snapback]

I guess your talking about Sanders???