Big game tonite Jackson Northside @ Haywood

tomcat00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you lose it is a loss. I get tired of people saying that somebody beat someone else on a fluke. There are no flukes, if a team was better than your team on a given night thats just it you LOST. Everytime a higher rated team loses to another team it was a fluke. You say it was a fluke that Fayette Ware beat Bolivar. Nah they came in your gym and beat you. They were the better team that night. We turned around and went in their gym and DESTROYED them by 20. Was that a fluke because beat Bolivar and we didnt? No it wasn't the better team won that night. The first time Northside and Haywood played was right after football season. You know that 3 of our starters are starter on the football team. When they got in the groove what happened? We went into Jackson and beat them by double digits. It will be a good game tonight. I am not saying who will win, but if Haywood wins again will it be a FLUKE? You don't get to be number 5 in the state on flukes alone. Also, why is coacht counting the loss in the Hall of Fame games but not counting the win? The team didnt count either in the record.

When you lose it is a loss.  I get tired of people saying that somebody beat someone else on a fluke.  There are no flukes, if a team was better than your team on a given night thats just it you LOST.  Everytime a higher rated team loses to another team it was a fluke.  You say it was a fluke that Fayette Ware beat Bolivar.  Nah they came in your gym and beat you.  They were the better team that night.  We turned around and went in their gym and DESTROYED them by 20.  Was that a fluke because beat Bolivar and we didnt?  No it wasn't the better team won that night.  The first time Northside and Haywood played was right after football season.  You know that 3 of our starters are starter on the football team.  When they got in the groove what happened?  We went into Jackson and beat them by double digits.  It will be a good game tonight.  I am not saying who will win, but if Haywood wins again will it be a FLUKE?  You don't get to be number 5 in the state on flukes alone.  Also, why is coacht counting the loss in the Hall of Fame games but not counting the win? The team didnt count either in the record.

825546880[/snapback]

look dude please scroll up ans show me where i said yalls win was a fluke???? the game will be over before you find it cause i didnt. you need to just chill out i didnt say anything bad about your team and if you'll look on other threads you'll see that i have had nothin but good comments about Haywood. All i said was i dont think yall will win tonight and i'll say it again if you want thats just my opinion. by the way the definition for fluke- a streak of good luck; accident. a loss is a loss but if you wanna get technical about it yea...i think if the better team loses it would qualify as a fluke.

You cant honestly tell me that you think Haywood is a better team than Northside can you? I'll admit that they are better than Bolivar.

Its up to the coach wether or not to count the hall of fame games.

Tomcatfan is right.....Haywood had players that hadnt practice with the team yet before thay played Jackson Northside......and lost by 25.....if they had time to practice and get in good basketball shape they would of beaten JNS then.....sometimes haywood have 4 players on the floor that played football...So it wasnt a fluke the better team won that nite.....maybe Haywood matches up against JNS better than Bolivar......look at it that way.....and plus if Lee Liggins would of been half way on the nite they played bolivar in brownsville we would of won by 20 or more......

Tomcatfan is right.....Haywood had players that hadnt practice with the team yet before thay played Jackson Northside......and lost by 25.....if they had time to practice and get in good basketball shape they would of beaten JNS then.....sometimes  haywood have 4 players on the floor that played football...So it wasnt a fluke the better team won that nite.....maybe Haywood matches up against JNS better than Bolivar......look at it that way.....and plus if Lee Liggins would of been half way on the nite they played bolivar in brownsville we would of won by 20 or more......

825547163[/snapback]

maybe yall do match up better just not in my opinion. nobody really matchs up good with 2 6'5" gaurds. Lee Liggins could have been red hot and yall wouldnt have beat us by 20+. You really think one guy can take you from losin by 5 to blowin us out by 20? Why is it that everytime Bolivar shuts a player down he had an off night rather than just havin good defense played against him?? Not tryin to be cocky but their aint a team in the state that can beat us by 20 with the type of offense we play. ball control= low scoring close games.

It must have been another fluke. Haywood beat Northside by 12 instead of 10 this time. Two flukes in a row against Northside. Haywood gets so lucky against these guys. Or just maybe, that first EXHIBITION game was the fluke. Dell Coleman came out really hot for Northside. He had the first 9 points of the ball game, and kept scoring as well. But, although Haywood was down double figures early, they stepped it up to tie it at the half. They got down 7 early in the 3rd, but were up 8 at the end of the 3rd, and led the rest of the way. Great game tonight.