Ravenwood 58 Lipscomb 26

COACHHARD

They just had a off shooting night. They all missed shots and I mean from in close. The post players were getting plenty of shots, but combined they shot 35% and that is not good from a foot from the basket. We have put that game behind us. We killed Ravenwood earlier and they returned the favor, enough said. Tonight is a new game and I look for them to rebound and do just fine. Go Stangs!

Maybe that stalling thing they had going against Beech really did shake their confidence in if they can win gimmickless or not?

26 points?  Almost like they were just trying to stall theirselves.

825547152[/snapback]

Might I ask you Wilson Central Dogg, What did Lipscomb ever do to you or your school? To my knowledge, WCHS and DLHS have never competed in any sport , yet you seem to be bitter towards the entire school and basketball program. If it is still the Beech game, then get over it. Beech fans arent whining about their win so why are you whining for them? Lipscomb was winning basketball games long before Wilson Central ever came into existence, and I hate to tell you that it isnt about to stop. Lipscomb has a tradition of great basketball coaches and players that know and execute the true fundamentals of the game.

Anyways to the game, I wasnt there but heard that it was worse than the MLK loss if that is possible. However, the Pickens and the Stangs will be ready when district tournament time comes. Last year, the district was as balanced as I've seen in a long time. This year is no different with the exception of MLK. DL, GB, Hume Fogg, Springfield...etc will continue to battle the remainder of the season and in the district tournament. The final 3 spots in the region tourney will be up for grabs, its just a matter of who comes to play at tourney time.

Yea if Brock scoring 14 points is "shutting him down" ... Sure, Becker was stronger than him down low and Brock had a rough time getting to the basket once he got the ball (and yea he did get open plenty of times). It was also nice to have Nash back from his injury so they wouldn't have to worry about Mayes if Brock was on the perimeter or not in the game. Nash can play and I hope for Ravenwood's sake that he can get 100% soon ...

Yea Lipscomb definitely had an extremely off night shooting 32% from the floor (0 for 8 from behind the arc). Whereas Ravenwood shot over 50% from the floor and hit 4 three's. Tough loss, but a non-district game so I'm not too worried about it. DL showed they weren't going to be slowed down by coming out and spanking East Lit the next night. I look for them to pound Macon Co. on Friday night and then Saturday against MBA ... we'll see how that one goes, don't know much about them.

Edited by GoBama

Bomb squad must have bombed out. :D  :D

825547084[/snapback]

And as much as it hurts me to say ... there really is no more "Bomb Squad" anymore. We don't wear the T-shirts. We don't do the cheers. The Bomb Squad left with the seniors from last year. We aren't going to attempt to imitate them because we can't. Give them respect ... they were a lot louder and more creative than the seniors this year. Maybe next year when I get to be a senior we can have fans as good as they were last year ...

And as much as it hurts me to say ... there really is no more "Bomb Squad" anymore. We don't wear the T-shirts. We don't do the cheers. The Bomb Squad left with the seniors from last year. We aren't going to attempt to imitate them because we can't. Give them respect ... they were a lot louder and more creative than the seniors this year. Maybe next year when I get to be a senior we can have fans as good as they were last year ...

825550513[/snapback]

Thanks, Bama. My advice, if you care: You just have to find the few people willing to make fools of themselves for a game or two. Before you know it, it will be the ones not standing and yelling that look like the idiots. Too bad your junior mafia friends, my personal CoachT fan club, don't feel the same way you do. Good luck to the Stangs.