Georgia Class 5A State Championships on TV!

BamaGrappler

Georgia Class 5A Traditional (Individual) State Championships will air on the CSS channel on February 21 and replay on February 22.

3 weeks notice......(so don't say you weren't warned....)

:o

I know you guys are gearing up for your own big show in TN (and good luck to all of you!), but just wanted to let those who are interested know. Plenty of time to get a blank tape, a blank DVD, or figure out how to operate your VCR or TiVo.

B)

We all want more TV coverage. Showing a strong market demand will only help the struggle to get there.

For more information, click here.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to spoil your TV watching (unless you want the results)...but.....WE WON!!!!!! Collins Hill won the team title by placing 8 wrestlers. Walton finished second and Parkview third.

Link to AJC articles on all the state tournaments....yes...we have 5:

http://www.ajc.com/highschool/content/spor...hool/index.html

edited to remove expired link.

Edited by RMC

When you watch make sure you pay attention to the 275 pound match. Drake McCoy is the #1 ranked kid in the nation. He won the "Beast of the East" tournament this year and has finished 4th and 5th at Fargo. He is, as they say, the real McCoy.

The kid Drake wrestles in the finals finished 5th last year so he was no slouch, but watch the big man work.

Also you may to pay attention to the 160 match and see Ben Fiacco. Some of you may remember him from the McCallie tournament. I think Ben was runner up to Marabel a few years ago at Fargo.

Other notable kids are Daniel Rucker at 112. He set the national takedown record this year. At 135 Tyler Parker goes for his 4th AAAAA state championship and tries to cap off an undefeated season.

There are some good matches to watch and one pretty big upset. ;)

Also you may to pay attention to the 160 match and see Ben Fiacco.  Some of you may remember him from the McCallie tournament.  I think Ben was runner up to Marabel a few years ago at Fargo.

825565656[/snapback]

Yes it was Ben whom Nick defeated in Cadet nationals. If I remember properly Nick had lost to Fiacco previously at least once at the regionals I believe.

WrestleSBA.....If we're lucky maybe we'll get to see them again at the senior nationals or at the next level.  I think I heard that Fiacco has signed with Old Dominion.

825565825[/snapback]

Indeed, it could be a very interesting "post"-season for some of our boys. I know you have several who are looking at senior nationals and Fargo with big gems in their eyes just as we do. Nick is certainly looking forward to another chance on the national stage but he has to handle his business here in TN this weekend first. As to his college plans I am not sure as the last time I asked him about them he was still unsure but it would not surprise me to see him on the next level... goodluck to all of the Georgia wrestlers as their focus shifts to regional and national tournaments and congratulations on that state championship RMC.

Oh and the coach at ODU is an excellent coach by my understanding from some of those who wrestled under him at Great Bridge so I am sure he can do some big things with Fiacco. I understand he has been gathering up a lot of talent, including many of his former HS wrestlers, and we should expect to see ODU explode on the national scene next year.