Tyner vs. Grundy Feb. 8

thomas_2534

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your predictions for the game. Does Tyner have the upper hand in this game or will Grundy be more rested this time around and have a better game?

825549405[/snapback]

...The "Lady Rams" should be more rested the next time these two teams play each other...not making any excuses, however, Tyner was playing it's 5th game in seven(7) days the last time around...Grundy played to it's tempo and controlled the boards...Tyner must dictate the pace of the game and the bench( the 6th & 7th players) must give quality minutes...whomever applies the most defensive pressure resulting in "points" should have the "upper hand"...since that last game, both teams have given up an average of 37.0 points and Grundy is seven(7) points better in scoring average...this game should be for the #1 seed in District 6, however, both teams must take of business the next couple of days for this to happen!!!

...The "Lady Rams" should be more rested the next time these two teams play each other...not making any excuses, however, Tyner was playing it's 5th game in seven(7) days the last time around...Grundy played to it's tempo and controlled the boards...Tyner must dictate the pace of the game and the bench( the 6th & 7th players) must give quality minutes...whomever applies the most defensive pressure resulting in "points" should have the "upper hand"...since that last game, both teams have given up an average of 37.0 points and Grundy is seven(7) points better in scoring average...this game should be for the #1 seed in District 6, however, both teams must take of business the next couple of days for this to happen!!!

825550020[/snapback]

True. I think that this game will be a much better game than the last one. Both teams were playing their 3rd game of that week. It will be fun to watch and see which team is better when they have had some rest. I thought it was thier 4th game in 7 days though?

I thought it was thier 4th game in 7 days though?

825550105[/snapback]

...It was the 5th...the Friday & Saturday they played two different teams from the Atlanta area, on Monday & Tuesday it was CSAS & Marion County respectively and then they had to face a very disciplined and deliberate Grundy team...like I said earlier>>>"no excuses"...this is what you are supposed to be ready for when the tournaments begin and I think both teams should be ready especially since they know what is on-the-line!!!

A better game will be next Friday when Tyner goes to CCS, who beat them by 1 earlier this year.

825552282[/snapback]

...The one that "counts" will be on Tuesday(Grundy)... the CCS game will get both teams ready for the tournaments...the "Lady Rams" must play with intensity for all 4 qtrs...I expect all three teams to shorten their bench and go for broke!!!

Is Tyner playing CSAS again tonight? And what do you think Howards' chances are of upsetting one of these teams in the district tournament? They played with a lot of "heart" and emotion when they played Grundy the last 2 times.

825552238[/snapback]

...If it's one thing I've learned in all my years of watching High School Tournaments: "on a given night anyone (and I mean anyone) can be upset"...you have so much riding on one(1) game and there are no tomorrows'...one other factor is that many of these young people are playing(organized) ball for the last time and many times are playing an emotional as well as a physical game...so to answer your question: I think Howard has just as good of a chance as anyone to get a "big" win in the District Tournament.

Grundy Co. teams are very well coached and experienced in tough competition.  Tournament play at all levels is tradition!!  Tyner will have to pull an upset.

825555616[/snapback]

Tournament play may be a tradition but anyone can have a bad night. Grundy has to focus on what it needs to get done (winning) instead of who scores what and who they want to give the ball to instead of whos open. They will have to pull together closer as a team to have a chance to win state.