12A MVP

ptguard

Edney scores more points and that is where the coaches tend to vote. Weatherly is the mvp on the team. She scores, rebounds, blocks shots and when the team is geting heavy press presure, she gets the ball into the front court. But my bet would be the coaches vote Edney. Edney and Weatherly could split the coaches vote and Lovett gets the most votes. No matter who gets it, there will be two others that are significant contributers to their team's success.

The coaches in 12A have been really bad in the past to give MVP to a player off of the Regular Season District Champion team when there has been better players that should have won it from usually the 2nd or 3rd place teams. This year it should be between Edney and Weatherly, both of whom are from Perry County (currently 2nd in the district). Weatherly is the better all-around player. Her stats according to the Perry County High School website show her as the better overall player. Edeny, however, gets so much attention for her offensive power, lightning quickness, and athletic ability that she sometimes overshadows the little things that Weatherly does. You will often see Weatherly make the hustle plays on the defensive end or grab the pivotal rebound, which Edney doesn't do near as often as she use too. However, despite how much these two are the obvious favorites, I wouldn't be surprised if the 12A coaches do as they have done in the past and vote for Lovett simply because her team comes out #1 in the district (that has yet to be determined but it is certainly shaping up that way).

The coaches in 12A have been really bad in the past to give MVP to a player off of the Regular Season District Champion team when there has been better players that should have won it from usually the 2nd or 3rd place teams.  This year it should be between Edney and Weatherly, both of whom are from Perry County (currently 2nd in the district).  Weatherly is the better all-around player.  Her stats according to the Perry County High School website show her as the better overall player.  Edeny, however, gets so much attention for her offensive power, lightning quickness, and athletic ability that she sometimes overshadows the little things that Weatherly does.  You will often see Weatherly make the hustle plays on the defensive end or grab the pivotal rebound, which Edney doesn't do near as often as she use too.  However, despite how much these two are the obvious favorites, I wouldn't be surprised if the 12A coaches do as they have done in the past and vote for Lovett simply because her team comes out #1 in the district (that has yet to be determined but it is certainly shaping up that way).

825550543[/snapback]

Good quote--This award sould be given to the girl who has contributed more to the sucess of their team than anyone else in the District. I believe that without either Edney or Weatherly, Perry County would have finished about 6th. I also believe that without Lovett, Summertown would have still finished in the top two. I also think that the stats should be considered by coaches in selecting all seasonal and all tourney players. I had rather have the more consistant good defensive effort, with a team attitude on offense and scores 10 or 12 points, and gets no reconigion, than to have someone who hits 4 or 5 three pointers in a easy game and get all kind of headlines, then comes out the next time and fires up all kind of three pointers and never connects.

Good quote--This award sould be given to the girl who has contributed more to the sucess of their team than anyone else in the District.  I believe that without either Edney or Weatherly, Perry County would have finished about 4th.  I also believe that without Lovett, Summertown would have still finished in the top two.  I also think that the stats should be considered by coaches in selecting all seasonal and all tourney players. I had rather have the more consistant good defensive effort, with a team attitude on  offense  and scores 10 or 12 points, and gets no reconigion, than to have someone who hits 4 or 5 three pointers in a easy game and get all kind of headlines, then comes out the next time and fires up all kind of three pointers and never connects.

825550684[/snapback]

Weatherly all the way.  There are a lot of girls that play hard and do good things, but Weatherly does a little bit of everything.  She is deserving of the MVP. 

Who is coach of the year??????

825552075[/snapback]

i am sure willard will get coach of the year. lee probably lost any votes he would have gotten when he tried to move the riverside game so weatherly could play against cwood. i may be wrong, but i also know how people in this district think...