Class of 2006 Junior rankings...

gomab2

Clarence Smith from MLk has a pretty good amount of talent. He has a nack for rebounding but is only about 6'4'' and plays the Post and ONLY the post. Hes a decent free throw shooter. Definitely can handle his own against any other post player in the midstate i know that for sure. 8AA has a lot of talent between Greenbrier,Lipscomb,MLK, and Station Camp. What do you think of these players Gomab???

Logan Greer- Greenbrier

Clarence Smith,John Hopson MLK

Justin Brinkley,Josh Jones Station Camp

Steven Jamison also...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence Smith from MLk has a pretty good amount of talent.  He has a nack for rebounding but is only about 6'4'' and plays the Post and ONLY the post.  Hes a decent free throw shooter.  Definitely can handle his own against any other post player in the midstate i know that for sure.  8AA has a lot of talent between Greenbrier,Lipscomb,MLK, and Station Camp.  What do you think of these players Gomab???

Logan Greer- Greenbrier

Clarence Smith,John Hopson MLK

Justin Brinkley,Josh Jones Station Camp

Steven Jamison also...

825551533[/snapback]

The apple didn't fall far from the tree. Jamison's dad was a classmate and a great basketball and football player for WHHS too.

Haven't seen the other kids play except for Logan Greer from Greenbrier, and he has is a great player too. He's got the height to rebound just about anything.

GoMab

You keep letting Duke Calhoun slip under your radar.

6'5" athlete in the mold of Tyler Smith buts plays harder. Plays on top ranked team in the state and is surrounded by talent so he does't get the press that these other guys get that are the star on their team. He has a sweet outside shot with three point range and can put it on the floor and finish with a rim rattling dunk. Is quick, and aggressive and ALWAYS competes. Played on the Memphis Y team with Niles, Young and Williams. Coach said "when the going got tough...he wanted Duke in the game because he always plays to win!" I agree.

Marcus Hunter from Ral-Egypt will also be one of the top players in Memphis next year. The younger brother of Cory Bradford, (ie; Illinois fame), he is a solid 2G that has been sharing time with senior Rico Seay this year. He played for the Arkansas AAU team from West Memphis last year and had a solid summer. Not sure of his plans for this summer. Is very similar to Courtney Pilgram and Randy Culpper.

Edited by Jumpshot

Thanks for the comments and opinions: and keep 'em coming...

I LOVE Calhoun's athleticism... but I'm left desiring more ball skills on the court. I have seen Duke play for the past couple of years, and would really like to see him become more fundamentally sound, and develop an outside shot. But you're right, the kid does play VERY hard, and is very good defensively... And I'll definitely check out Hunter again, as well...

As for Mike Hale or Mariun Price... in others opinions, do you feel these kids are in the same class as Stinson, Channells, and some of the other bigger name, bigger school guards in Memphis???

Galilee... you're going to love where Powell is ranked when the next rankings come out... Too many coaches call me speaking very highly of him... I'm not as big a fan, though, of Andre Thornton as you are...

Logan Greer is a real sleeper. He is legit 6'8, long, and can really shoot it. With added strength, Greer is going to be an outsanding college prospect... I really like Clarence Smith over the summer, but have been very dissapointed with his point production this winter (I know they are a low scoring team with Lee and K.Smith leading in scoring, but Clarence should still be getting more than he is)...

Siegel's Jimmy Oden is also quickly climbing the charts... He has had a Very productive season thus far...

Edited by gomab2

GoMab

I had the same reservations on Calhoun prior to the season. You will be amazed at the transformation of his game. He's worked hard on his weaknesses and now is a legit #3 and can stoke it from any where. He still has to play the #4 due to V. Ingram and T. Green bottlenecking the #3 spot, But the #4 has a lot of fredom in the Ral-Egypt offense...(Kinnard plays the #4 and is a natural 3-2 at UAB). Next season, he will be the three.

Duke Calhoun didn't show up in the Raleigh Egypt vs. Bolivar game. He's still a 6'3 1/2 work in progress. Duke is very aggressive on defense and athletic for a player his size but he's not yet an outstanding shooter and he must work on his ball handling in order to create his own shot. When you play with a lot of talent and dont' get touches it's tough but he also isn't guarded by the opposing teams best defender.

Hey Gomab,

I was wondering if you knew what beau browns current ranking is????? And one other thing. What do you think about him playing point gaurd. I dont know if you know but for the past couple of games he has been playing PG?? Which it hasn't seemed to effect his scoreing. Beau has looked really great this year though and he shares the floor with alot of other talent so its just not him doing it all. But i believe hes not done on the list yet. He was the most improved player from last year and he was one of the best if not the best then!!!

thanks

Edited by thebiglowboski18