Why are ppl being kept out?

hsbasketballnut

i heard there has been alot of fuss about the clay co. gyms and who is and is not allowed in them. i want to hear everyone else's opinion on it?

personally i think it's a bunch of crap, first of all you have to pay taxes to make the schools then you aren't allowed in them when they are not in use and if you pay (again) to get in them then they still try to run you out. what's the deal?

Who made these ppl so important that they control where you can go?

i heard there has been alot of fuss about the clay co. gyms and who is and is not allowed in them. i want to hear everyone else's opinion on it?

personally i think it's a bunch of crap, first of all you have to pay taxes to make the schools then you aren't allowed in them when they are not in use and if you pay (again) to get in them then they still try to run you out. what's the deal?

825551817[/snapback]

I don't understand you talking about fans or people playing in the gym I'm confused

825551817[/snapback]

Well, if there is not a game being played, I can understand them running people out that doesn't have any business being in there. It's a safety issue first off, secondly if someone got hurt in there, then there would be a lawsuit against the school because it wasn't supervised, and thirdly if I am the coach at a high school, I wouldn't want people in there messing up my gym and floor. Just becuase your tax dollars go into helping build a gym, doesn't mean that you should have free access to it whenever you please.

Now if they are not letting you in at games, yeah I agree that's a bunch of crap unless, they have been made to remove you too many times before 'cause you can't act civialized during a game.

Well, if there is not a game being played, I can understand them running people out that doesn't have any business being in there. It's a safety issue first off, secondly if someone got hurt in there, then there would be a lawsuit against the school because it wasn't supervised, and thirdly if I am the coach at a high school, I wouldn't want people in there messing up my gym and floor. Just becuase your tax dollars go into helping build a gym, doesn't mean that you should have free access to it whenever you please.

Now if they are not letting you in at games, yeah I agree that's a bunch of crap unless, they have been made to remove you too many times before 'cause you can't act civialized during a game.

825552209[/snapback]

actually i was referin to bein able to play. shouldn't schools be covered by the same thing that parks and other public buildings are and y couldn't you sign a enter at my own risk sheet. and what i am mostly refering to is that the abandoned celina high gym is just sitting there. ppl paid for it and now it's no longer bein used as a school so what's the problem with makeing it a public facility. there are lots of ppl who like to play but there isn't anywhere to play. and even some of the high school players want to play and can't get into a gym so how are they supposed to get better without access to a gym when it's 32 degrees outside.

actually i was referin to bein able to play. shouldn't schools be covered by the same thing that parks and other public buildings are and y couldn't you sign a enter at my own risk sheet. and what i am mostly refering to is that the abandoned celina high gym is just sitting there. ppl paid for it and now it's no longer bein used as a school so what's the problem with makeing it a public facility. there are lots of ppl who like to play but there isn't anywhere to play. and even some of the high school players want to play and can't get into a gym so how are they supposed to get better without access to a gym when it's 32 degrees outside.

825552273[/snapback]

Apparently you do not know what you are talking about. The old Celina High School gymnasium is being used. Before you are permitted to use it, you must provide proof of insurance (AAU membership, liability policy, etc). If you have any questions, I am sure you can call the Clay Co. Board of Education at 931-243-3310.

Edited by Celinafan