Temple defeats Boyd-Buchanan

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give any info about the game? Did the bucs play well the first half, or did temple play bad? (not trying to make boyd sound bad, but temple is good)

825552804[/snapback]

Boyd Played great. They tookit to TEMPLE early. Coach Brown had a good game plan and Boyd executed it. The officials were BAD!! They called 56 fouls and both teams shot a total of 60 free throws. Temple's experience and speed won the 2nd half. Zach Mouw of Temple had 26 points and 15 rebounds. Great Job #00. Caleb Skogen finished with 24 points. Congrats goes to the Crusaders who won the district title this year. Good luck the rest of the way. thumb

TENNESSEE TEMPLE 81, BOYD-BUCHANAN 59

Boyd-Buchanan 15 13 16 15 — 59

Temple 13 21 17 30 — 81

Boyd-Buchanan (59) — Cory Lusk 20, Andrew Pritchard 13, Westen Perry 10, Mynatt 7, Nayson 2, Headon 2, Davis 1, Allison 4

Temple (81) — Zach Mouw 26, Caleb Skogen 24, Seth Skogen 9,

Dee Newson 8, Sean Wadley 6, Joey Shiraef 2, Josh Smith 5, Joey Skogen 1

3-point goals: Temple 5 (C. Skogen 3, Mouw, Newson)

Boyd-Buchanan 4 (Lusk 2, Allison, Pritchard).

Other highlights:

52 fouls and 60 free throws for the game

Records:

Tennessee Temple 23-1

Boyd-Buchanan 10-10

I have to give credit to the Bucs -- they did keep this game close in the first 3 quarters, but Temple finally got things together and pulled away from them.

I'm not too sure the word to use for the refs is "bad" -- because they were just down right "horrible". One of them called two technicals on Temple. One was given to Seth for putting the ball down after he was fouled on a shot. Just because the ball was laid down right at the guys feet that fouled him -- the ref threw him a T. That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. And then the same ref called a T on Caleb for showing a little bit of emotion for making a mistake (I believe he fouled someone). The ref thought Caleb was upset at the call -- but the way I took it was that he just was upset at himself, that's it.

It looked to me -- this particular ref had it out for the Skogen boys.

I may be wrong -- but that is the way it appeared.

Correct me if I'm wrong -- but has anyone else noticed that a player can no longer show any emotion in playing the game of basketball?

Players should be allowed to express emotion on the court.

No, they shouldn't yell at refs or make any gestures at the refs -- but when a kid makes a mistake -- he has the right to be upset at himself.

I usually don't say much about the refs -- because I used to do some officiating myself and know it is not an easy thing to do, but in this case this particular ref used very poor judgment. I hope he learns that what he did was wrong and learns how to use discretion in throwing out technicals for the fun of it.

Congratulations Crusaders for winning the district title and good luck in your pursuit of another state title.

This Region tournament should be a great one. Obviously, Temple is the best of the bunch but then you have Grace, CCS, LV, Boyd, and South Pitt all capable of claiming the 2 spot and the other sub state berth. What do you think?

825553589[/snapback]

Yeah there is no telling what can happen we will be able to figure a little more out when the district tournaments are complete so we know the seedings.

And about what Oldtimeballer was saying. In the rule book does it address certain things that are technical fouls? or is it all the refs personal judgement?

No doubting Boyd, but I cant imagine grace not claiming the 2 spot in districts, and then not being able to get to the region championship. Everyone knows temple will be there, but then, grace, ccs, or lv could be there according to how the seeds work out. Grace finall got their act together and beat LV last night, but it would be a good game to watch grace vs ccs.

But you cant count out Boyd because you can always count on them to play hard.