It is the year of the REBEL

sundancer

Well I'm holding out that Mrs. Willie Dickerson does the right thing for the wRestling Rebels!  Heard that she was one of the fans in the stands and witnessed first hand the celebration when Kirn pinned his guy.  It is unfortunate that the FHS student body was not present in bodies, but heard that there were lots of other schools joining our fans to cheer them to victory.  I just love the wrestling family!

FHS is probably one of the few high schools in the area that can honestly say that their Administrator comes from a wrestling family.  Heard she even went on the local radio station a week or so ago and told all the listeners her perspective of the events during the championships last year.

I don't hold out much hope on the AD or other FHS administrators, but I'm sure hoping that Mrs. Dickerson shows the guys how proud Franklin is for bringing it home for the second time!

Go Rebels!

Maroon 'n White - Maroon 'n White - Maroon 'n White

825554548[/snapback]

the more I read this thread, the more I don't understand what the heck goes on in that High School, Franklin. Comments like this were made last year as well.

Too bad, great sports programs happening there and it sounds like lousy support.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the more I read this thread, the more I don't understand what the heck goes on in that High School, Franklin.  Comments like this were made last year as well.

Too bad, great sports programs happening there and it sounds like lousy support.

825554613[/snapback]

Wrestling is the red headed stepchild and I'm sure the girls soccer team feels the same way. If you don't know, they are the Bradley of women's soccer(I can't tell you how many state championships they have there are so many). It is always tough to compete against the headline sports. The local newspaper doesn't help with great press.

Wrestling is the red headed stepchild and I'm sure the girls soccer team feels the same way. If you don't know, they are the Bradley of women's soccer(I can't tell you how many state championships they have there are so many).  It is always tough to compete against the headline sports.  The local newspaper doesn't help with great press.

825554660[/snapback]

I thought the complaint was with the folks who run the school, not the press. The school can't control the press and neither can the coaches.

the more I read this thread, the more I don't understand what the heck goes on in that High School, Franklin.  Comments like this were made last year as well.

825554613[/snapback]

I often wondered that leaving school every day... that's just Franklin High for ya. But at the same time, I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else...

I thought the complaint was with the folks who run the school, not the press.  The school can't control the press and neither can the coaches.

825554684[/snapback]

Yeah, but they can try to influence it. I think after enough folks in the Knoxville area complained, our paper starting covering wrestling more. Sorry to hear about the School admin. We have had the same problem at our school in the past. Our top kids and 4th place finish wasn't recognized by our school either.

Yeah, we get one page in the annual and the band other programs get 4 or more.

Hang in there, we know we have the best sport and program.