McEwen-Heritage

mactownwarrior

Your reasoning behind why White-House Heritage will win this game though makes no sense. I agree the schedule overall for McEwen has been down this year to what it has in the past, but what makes White-House Heritage's schedule any tougher? If your looking at schedule rank they are at 96. Just because they play teams that have 5 times the enrollment of their school makes them a better team? Last time I played (which was 17 years ago) its was still 5 on 5. Are you saying that single A teams can't beat AAA teams? If White-House Heritage had been playing all the top teams in their area (like the UT Lady Vols) and winning most of those games then your arguement would make sense...but as I see it White House-Heritage has played no tougher a schedule than McEwen and couldn't beat them on their home floor two weeks ago. McEwen also just beat East Robertson again short handed something White House-Heritage could not do a 2nd time.

McEwen may not make it to Murfreesboro...for that matter might not even win their region, but your reasoning why White House-Heritage is better prepared just makes no sense. McEwen by 9.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your reasoning behind why White-House Heritage will win this game though makes no sense.  I agree the schedule overall for McEwen has been down this year to what it has in the past, but what makes White-House Heritage's schedule any tougher?  If your looking at schedule rank they are at 96.  Just because they play teams that have 5 times the enrollment of their school makes them a better team? Last time I played (which was 17 years ago) its was still 5 on 5.  Are you saying that single A teams can't beat AAA teams?  If White-House Heritage had been playing all the top teams in their area (like the UT Lady Vols) and winning most of those games then your arguement would make sense...but as I see it <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=557&SportID=3' target='_blank'>White House-Heritage</a> has played no tougher a schedule than McEwen and couldn't beat them on their home floor two weeks ago.  McEwen also just beat East Robertson again short handed something <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=557&SportID=3' target='_blank'>White House-Heritage</a> could not do a 2nd time.

McEwen may not make it to Murfreesboro...for that matter might not even win their region, but your reasoning why <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=557&SportID=3' target='_blank'>White House-Heritage</a> is better prepared just makes no sense.  McEwen by 9.

825557157[/snapback]

I gave no reasoning in how Heritage will win this game... This has to do specifically with the McEwen Team....

I will leave the matter alone... All I am going to say is McEwen has not done themselves a favor with the schedule that they have played.... They do have a VERY GOOD TEAM and I will give them credit for that but playing some of the non-district & non-region games that they have played has not helped them get any better... ENOUGH SAID....

Best of Luck to both teams...

Edited by Sportster

O.K. McEwen. Let's put this in kindergarten terms. There are classifications for basketball because with larger numbers you get larger talent pools to draw from. Therefore, yes, in most instances it does raise the competition level. Sportster isn't dogging on you he's just pointing out that when you venture outside of single A there is a greater talent pool. There are of course exceptions but understand that the level of play in Nashville versus a much smaller community school is different. What he's trying to tell you is that during district play and state play is totally different. For instance playing in a tough innercity game is a culture shock for rural schools. It is a different type of play be it football or basketball etc. It is something you can't simulate in a practice. Coach Petrone from his years of experiance knows this and is trying to season young players to this end. The Overton game was a good example of a young team in a hostile and agressive enviroment. Sportster is saying that by coming out of the comfort zone and experiancing different levels of play will strengthen a team come tournament time. Yes the record is not perfect but the team will gain experiance. He's not saying that your team is not as good as the record reflects but that a weak schedule can bite you come to State time. I have no idea who Sportster is but from his postings he is a knowledgable and fair source.

McEwen, like most A teams(but not all), are playing the same teams that they usually do.  Their district is down but you cant blame them for that.  The teams they schelduled are down.  McEwen has just about always been a regular at the Santa Fe classis.  Besides like posted earlier 7 games in 10 days is one heck of away to get ready for tourney time.

825557324[/snapback]

No actually 7 games in 10 days is a very good way to wear out a team right before the tournament.... 7 games in 10 days in November and/or December would be ok.... So you could play 7 games in 10 days, then turn around and play 3 games in 5 days (District) the following week and then 3 games in 4 days (Regional) the week after that....

Edited by Sportster

Thank you for the kindergarten education there Blues!!! I understand the concept of how the classification system works. There are so many inner city class "A" school that the rural schools have no chance. I would think it better to prepare against the private schools. There are several class "A" schools who would whipe the floor with some AA and AAA schools. It all depends on WHAT school you played and the ones White House-Heritage played during the break are not any kind of advantage for tourney time.

I am not disputing McEwen has a weak schedule and in the end that may be their downfall. They scheduled the same teams they always do and the district is down this year. Sportster started my comments with his opinion and why White House-Heritage would win and that was because they played in a Christmas classic and McEwen didn't. That basis considering they have played most of the same schedule is a bunch of bunk.

Private schools are a whole another ball of wax. Whether they say it or not everyone knows they recruit all day long. A private school is not in anyway a fair sampling of any kind of a talent pool and they should not be playing public schools in any way or fashion as far as I am concerned.

The fact of the matter that remains is that McEwen hasn't ventured out of their comfort zone at all. Do you you realize that the whole high school at Heritage is only about 300 or so kids? There are about as many people in the band at John Overton as in the entire high school at Heritage. Come and see a team like John Overton play. It is a different world than out in the boonies.

All I am saying is I agree with Sportster and the weakness of scheduling be it regular season or choice of play for McEwen is gonna be a factor. All that has been posted all season is McEwen saying they get no respect. Respect has to be earned and a weak schedule doesn't add up to that at this point. Frankly, the way the McEwen guys behave on the court is not sportsmanlike at all. Some of that trash will come back to haunt them. Wait and see.

Private schools are a whole another ball of wax.  Whether they say it or not everyone knows they recruit all day long.  A private school is not in anyway a fair sampling of any kind of a talent pool and they should not be playing public schools in any way or fashion as far as I am concerned. 

The fact of the matter that  remains is that McEwen hasn't ventured out of their comfort zone at all. Do you you realize that the whole high school at Heritage is only about 300 or so kids? There are about as many people in the band at John Overton as in the entire high school at Heritage. Come and see a team like John Overton play.  It is a different world than out in the boonies. 

All I am saying is I agree with Sportster and the weakness of scheduling be it regular season or choice of play for McEwen is gonna  be a factor. All that has been posted all season is McEwen saying they get no respect.  Respect has to be earned and a weak schedule doesn't add up to that at this point. Frankly, the way the McEwen guys behave on the court is not sportsmanlike at all. Some of that trash will come back to haunt them.  Wait and see.

825557417[/snapback]

well the way i see it bluesbrother McEwen has beaten heritage once without their second leading scorer, and they are about to beat you again. So if by playing overton will get you better then we don't need any part of it. NO matter who you have played and who we haven't, it doesn't matter beat us and then talk. Maybe you guys should schedule the Lakers to help you all get better prepared because quite frankly John Overton didn't help you guys get it done.

White House Heritage don't want the business.

Jared Anderson is fat.

PUCKETT for PRESIDENT!!!!!!!

I guess it gets so dark down in the boonies that you can't see the what's right in your face. Read it again. I said at tournament time it will hurt McEwen. Yes you beat Heritage and yes it could happen again but the fact is the you haven't played outside of your zone and you know it. I'll predict it right now that McEwen will go nowhere come tournament time. Good thing you guys have so many cows down there so you can make your own cheese to go with all of your whine you like so much.

I wouldn't overlook Heritage so soon either. You know as well I do that they bring game at anytime.