WHO WILL BE DISTRICT 10AA CHAMPIONS

waverlypride

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is up for grabs. Any of the top four could win. Waverly has struggled with Cheatham and Sycamore and this being at Stewart I don't think anyone can say who will win it. There should be some thrillers and I would not count out Stewart Count maybe up-setting someone in that first round game.

Edited by speedo

Guest catfish-hunter
It is up for grabs. Any of the top four could win. Waverly has struggled with Cheatham and Sycamore and this being on at Stewart I don't think anyone can say who will win it. There should be some thrillers and I would not count out Stewart Count maybe up-setting someone in that first round game.

825558782[/snapback]

Stewart County lost a close one to Cheatham last week and with a win on Fri. they are the #6 seed in the tourney. That means that they'll either play the Cubs, who are done, OR they'll play Harpeth, who must beat Sycamore on Fri. to get the #2 seed. Montgomery Central has already gotten a win against the Cubs and they just took Harpeth to 3OT last night.

Just because Harpeth & Cheatham aren't playing a pretty good CreekWood team in the first round does not mean that they can relax. If they do, then their season will be over before the fun really begins.

Attention All High School Basketball Fans!!!!The 10 AA boys tournament is about as wide open as one could hope for. I know that everyone feels like their team is the best, but try being objective for a change. Obviously, this district is as about as even from top to bottom as one could hope for. You would have to be a complete moron to believe that any team doesn't stand a chance in the tournament. Anything is possible. As much as visiting teams seemingly get screwed in this district, I don't see how Stewart Co wouldn't just have to show up to win. However, we know that fans will be emotional and feel that when they lose, their team got shafted. Seriously, this is a tournament in which there are no 'sure wins.' Any team can beat any team on any given night. Waverly won the regular season championship. Congrats and a first round bye are all you get for that. Everybody is now even again. Teams should be fired up as well as the fans. I would love to camp out at the gym and see every game, but I can't. Good luck to all teams and keep us posted.

Might as well give it Waverly, they are the top dogs of the regular season. Who ever wins the season sweeps the district tourny. Yall didn't know that?

Waverly easily over everyone.  <_<

825557713[/snapback]

you obviousley w\erent around for last year becasue harpeth won the regular season and ended getting trashed in the tourney. in this district anything can happen. especially when harpeth beat cheatham wihout rd and woll probably have to play sycamore eithour rd. i see there being an upset to waverly in the tourney. come and watch!!!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Good Post carney!!! 10AA has five teams that have a legit shot at taking home the tourney trophy and the end of the week in Dover. Right now, I really love the way that Cheatham is playing. Noel is lighting it up from everywhere and their role players have bought into the concept of what Jackson wants to do. By role players I'm talking about Moss, Miller, Davidson, Piper, Dansby, etc. Waverly has been the frontrunner for most of the year. Rico Ralston is without question the most talented player in this district. He can drive and finish, set up his teammates, and shoot it from deep as well. If Hollis plays well from inside and Leonard, Reeder, and the Reids play well then they should be a tough out. Harpeth is probably the hottest team in the district after beating the Cubs last Friday night without Derrick. When RD returns and joins Davis, Collins, and Erland (who is really providing the Indians with a potent inside presence) then they might be the favorite to win the tournament. CreekWood is a dangerous team who swept Harpeth this year. Derra and Darden make for as good a backcourt duo as there is in the district. Sycamore is about as up & down as a team gets. When they are playing well, then they are a tough team to beat. On the other hand, when they struggle they are as bad as anyone in the district. The War Eagles have always stepped up their game in the tourney and I expect this year will be no exception. Stewart County is a tough team to beat on the road, so their hosting this thing could be dangerous for one of the top seeds in the first round. Jake West is as good a player as there is in the district and if you don't show up to play the Rebels they will most certainly beat you. Montgomery Central is the other low seeded team that will be dangerous. Jimmy Young's Indians have already beaten Cheatham this year and they took Harpeth to 3OT last night before eventually losing by four. The tourney is about a week and a half away, so hold on folks because this wild ride has just began!!!

Cant wait for this tournament to begin. It is going to be some great basketball with tough games for EVERY team in the district. To bad there isnt any fast food in ole Dover. I am wondering where all of these district fans are going to munch down when hungry. Other than that anything can happen, I am sure every team is looking for that District Title or to win the consolation game. As a Waverly fan I believe all of the Cheatham Co. teams have a large chance of defeating us and nobody from Wavo thinks we are so awesome or anything like that. Great tourney indeed coming up just I am sure every school is wishing it was some where else. GO TIGERS!!