Sycamore at Harpeth (Friday Night)

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

The District 10AA portion of Harpeth and Sycamore's season concludes Friday night in Kingston Springs when the two will meet in a game that promises to be huge. This one is always big because of the fact that it is "The I-24/40 Rivalry". That means that county braggin' rights are always on the line when the War Eagles and Indians meet in any sport. THAT MIGHT NOT BE THE BIGGEST REASON FOR WINNING THIS GAME!!!

Harpeth plays tonight at Montgomery Central, which is really no easy task. If Harpeth wins that game then Sycamore is going to be playing in the #4 vs #5 game in the district tourney. If Harpeth loses that game, like Cheatham did a few weeks back, then the 10AA picture changes dramatically. WHY??? A loss tonight for the Indians would mean that their game this Friday night against Sycamore is for the #3 seed in the district. That is something that Harpeth really wants to avoid seeing as how if they are a #4 OR #5 seed, then they'll likely play CreekWood in the opening round of the district tourney. NEWSFLASH: CreekWood swept Harpeth this season!!! Like myself, all of the Sycamore faithful will be pulling for a Montgomery Central "upset special" tonight so that the War Eagles will have a chance to play for a #3 seed in this Frday night's county showdown against Harpeth.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish is that the only way we can get the 3 seed? I thought you were talking about another senario the other day, something to do with CW beating Cheatham. Or is that the only way? This game is going to be huge either way. I hope Sycamore can pull out a win and start playing good come tourney time.

825557455[/snapback]

It is the most likely scenario okiedoke!!! The other scenario would be for CreekWood to beat the Cubs tonight. CreekWood will likely lose at Wavo on Friday and beat Mont. Cent. next Monday, so if they beat the Cubs tonight they'll finish the regular season with a 7-5 district record. If Cheatham loses tonight, they'll finish the season with a 7-5 district record. If the Sycamore War Eagles win at Harpeth on Friday night, then they'll finish out the season with a 7-5 district record. That just leaves Harpeth now!!! If Harpeth wins tonight, then under the before mentioned scenario they would finish out the season with a 7-5 district record. If they lose tonight and on Friday, then they are the #5 seed regardless of what happens.

In a 4-WAY tie for the #2 spot in the district (that would be if Harpeth, Cheatham, Sycamore, and CreekWood all finished the season with 7-5 records in the district) here is how it goes:

Cheatham would be the #2 seed because they beat Waverly, while the rest of those teams were swept by Wavo. Sycamore would be the #3 seed because they swept CreekWood. CreekWood would be the #4 seed because they swept Harpeth. Harpeth would be the #5 seed because they were swept by CreekWood & the best that they could do was split with Sycamore, who swept CreekWood.

The winner of the Stewart County vs Montgomery Central game on Friday night is the #6 seed, while the loser finishes as the #7 seed.

NOTE: I seperated all of this so that it would be easier for you to read and understand it. Hopefully you have a better concept of how things are looking in the final week of District 10AA games this season. The tourney is right around the corner and I for one hope that you are as excited about it as I am and hopefully this year will be known as the 3-PEAT for the Sycamore War Eagles.

And if Harpeth wins out, they are the #2 seed as I understand it. I know that's what Jamie told them before the Cheatham County game.

I'd love to see what Harpeth could do in the tournament full strength. The starting lineup of Derrick, Davis, Collins, Erland and Newton has only played a handful of games together as Newton did not play a district game before 2005 due to injury and R.D. has missed alot of time due to injury or suspension. On top of that Vincent has missed most of the season with an injury as well. Makes for a thin bench. I know............you guys don't feel sorry for me at all! :lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

The Cubs are beating CreekWood by 11 at the end of 3. CreekWood led by as many as 10 in the second quarter, but a sloppy end to the first half and great free thow shooting by Cheatham has helped them seize control of this game. Nevermind, a Brink three-pointer just extended the lead to 14 at the start of the 4th period of play. It better be Mont. Central's night if Sycamore wants to get a #2 OR #3 seed!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Cheatham wins tonight 72-59!!! They have assured themselves of not playing in the #4 vs #5 game. How did the Harpeth game go at Mont. Central???

Edited by catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish, im not sure of the final but im pretty sure Harpeth won by a small margin in overtime. They were up to with 20 secs. left and they were shooting fts. It looks like Sycamore is just going to have to pick it up and play CW in the 4 and 5 game. I think they can do it.

825557924[/snapback]

I know that the War Eagles have what it takes. I'm not gonna reflect on last year because that was the past and we all know that the past means nothing as far as this year's postseason run is concerned. I say that Sycamore should focus on Harpeth and send a statement to the rest of the district that they are ready for a 3-PEAT!!!