Van Buren/Friendship Christian

jaymac

thank you for proving my point.

825561866[/snapback]

The fact that we are saying it will not be an upset is not for ourselves, it is for those who haven't seen either team play and just look at the rankings. Friendship has been ranked high in different polls all year long. Van Buren has not. However, the difference in ability between the two team is negligable. We here at Van Buren know how good our team is, but because we come from a small town away from the media, no one else knows or cares. This forum provides an outlet to get our kids and teams exposure, no matter how insignificant, to people that otherwise would have never heard of them. I would like to invite you to the game tonight Speedy79, and after you watch the EAGLES WIN AGAIN, see if you still think it is an upset. thumb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone thinks Van Buren Co. is so good.They are pretty average but they are not world beaters.If you shut amigo Rigsby down then they don't have much.We will see what happens on ''the mountain'' tonight when FCS wins by six...Dos Hombres

825561938[/snapback]

I saw what happened on the mountain tonight and it wasn't Friendhip by six. Eagles win this one by three. Pretty good game all around. Friendship came out on fire and led the whole first half. Van Buren's coach got T'd up in the second quarter and that help Friendship go in at half up by 11. V.B. came out with much better defensive intensity in the third quarter and ended up leading by 7. In the fourth it was Eagles leading the whole way. Friendship hit three big threes at the end of the game to make it as close as it was. Great game by two good teams. I don't agree that if you stop Rigsby, Van Buren doesn't have anything else, but I do agree that you need to try and stop Rigsby. Friendship couldn't. He had 29 points and at least 12 rebounds. He also guarded Friendship's best player all night. The whole team rebounded pretty well. Still a few to many turnovers and lapses in intensity, but a great win considering that Stewart still isn't playing. Congrats on the win, don't dwell on it but build on it. Finish the season strong and get ready for tournaments. thumb

GO EAGLES!!!

Edited by eaglebro

I don't know why everyone thinks Van Buren Co. is so good.They are pretty average but they are not world beaters.If you shut amigo Rigsby down then they don't have much.We will see what happens on ''the mountain'' tonight when FCS wins by six...Dos Hombres

825561938[/snapback]

OK the eagles may not have much so you say but I beg to differ and can say that they did not shut down AMIGO rigsby because he had 29 huge points but also had a very big support staff to go with him as Plemons had 16, Hutson had 9, Mooneyham had 7 and Smith had 9 and they all stepped up at very cruical points in the game and wanted this victory!!!!! Okay so tell me that this team is not any good to come back from a 12 point deficit at half and go on a 26 to 5 3rd quarter run!!! So tell me they dont have heart and determination and the will to win.

THE MOUNTAIN WAS ROCKING!!!!!

GREAT JOB EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825561938[/snapback]

OK the eagles may not have much so you say but I beg to differ and can say that they did not shut down AMIGO rigsby because he had 29 huge points but also had a very big support staff to go with him as Plemons had 16, Hutson had 9, Mooneyham had 7 and Smith had 9 and they all stepped up at very cruical points in the game and wanted this victory!!!!! Okay so tell me that this team is not any good to come back from a 12 point deficit at half and go on a 26 to 5 3rd quarter run!!! So tell me they dont have heart and determination and the will to win.

THE MOUNTAIN WAS ROCKING!!!!!

GREAT JOB EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allen Rigsby is all the V.B. Eagles have? To the posters that made this statement please send your vote for class A player of the year in immediately. He just beat the Friendship Chistian team single-handed. Since you finally figured out he is a great ballplayer, I seriously hope you can see this "amigo" has 14 brothers and each player adds to this team. If what I saw play Fri. night was an average team, what do you call a team that the Eagles beat twice? I will make the statement once again, WHEN THE VAN BUREN EAGLES PLAY TO THEIR ABILITIES THEY CAN BEAT ANY TEAM ON THEIR SCHEDULE. Eagle fans, let's show strong support for the last 3 regular season games and pack the gym for the district tournament game. Who knows, maybe our "average team" will pull off another upset. Excuse me, I meant win.