10AAA MVP will be Corey Pfiegher

crossup

Corey Pfiegher from Dickson County will be 1st Team All State, Regional & District MVP. Corey & Drake Reed should be concider for Mr Basketball in TN. Prince, Delks, & Mason they are the front runners, but their teams are Great. :lol:

Corey & Drake are loading up their Teams on their backs, and making a statement. Drake Reed who I really feel is the Best player in the District has been let down by some of his Team-mates that make it hard to be the MVP of the District when your TEAM is not in 1st Place... :lol:

Drake & Corey will easily be All State players, but please if your have a vote for Mr. Basketball,, don't Concider the District they play in, just concider the Players and what type of impact they had on their teams, & the impact they have on TN Basketball.... :D

The Cross-Up Player rankings come out March 1, 2005.... Its been a slow year for 10AAA but I think it will pick up doing the D-10AAA Tourney... :)

Cross thumb

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossup i absolutly agree with your statement. Dickson and Cory are gonna surprise some people because they have matured over the season, and they are playing better then ever. Drake and Cory are in a league of there own. They have played to their expectations, and im hoping to see them play again against each other in the district championship.

Go Cougars :lol:

yes it an obvious fact that Cory will win MVP in this district. Drake is a great player but Cory is a better all around player. It is about time that Pflieger has gotten a little credit and he may get a lot more when the all state teams are shown. Keep up the good work Dickson and Cory.

825565036[/snapback]

I agree also. Cory has played very well this seaso. I just hope he is able to carry this team to Murfressboro.

I hate to say it ... but Clarksville's Freshman Tyrone Caldwell is the most talented player in the district. Corey and Drake had good senior seasons, but Caldwell was just as impressive leading Clarksville High to a 9-1 district record and averaging 18 points per game. If Caldwell can lead Clarksville to 2 wins this week over Pflieger and Reed to earn a share of the district championship ... he should also be considered for 10-AAA MVP. thumb

I hate to say it ... but Clarksville's Freshman Tyrone Caldwell is the most talented player in the district. Corey and Drake had good senior seasons, but Caldwell was just as impressive leading Clarksville High to a 9-1 district record and averaging 18 points per game. If Caldwell can lead Clarksville to 2 wins this week over Pflieger and Reed to earn a share of the district championship ... he should also be considered for 10-AAA MVP.  thumb

825565159[/snapback]

I agree with this statement as well but the politics of voting will not let a freshman win District MVP over two SRs thats signed to play D1. My thinking is Pflieger will get it or share it with Reed, Reed could win it outright as well but doubt that..He would have my vote just because he seems to be on a mission but Corey has led his team to a first place finish. I'm gonna say that Caldwell will be the first player to ever win District MVP three years in a row because after this year, this district doesnt have many up and coming stars..He will most definitely without a doubt be the man in 10-AAA...WOW!!

If we have co-mvps in 10-aaa this year, then something is wrong. Cory Pflieger deserves this award. He has played unselfish ball all year and helped lead his team to (after friday night) an UNDEFEATED SEASON! He got ripped last year, but i don't think that is going to happen this year.

Good luck cory and the rest of the cougars in district, region, and state!

GO Cougars

Tyrone Caldwell is probably the most Athletic player in the District, But Drake & Corey are heads above the rest, These 2 are hands down better than everybody in the District. :ph34r:

This District is Weak.. I mean very weak!!!! Drake & Corey have proven themselves against All American's ,All State, and All Regional Players, so before I give Tyrone a Seal of Approval, I must see him this year in AAU, play some of the best players in the World... Like Corey & Drake has..... :)

I Like Tyrones game.. & next year he will be KING of the District & Region, but this year Drake & Corey they are on a mission... Drake Reed is a ONE MAN recking Crew.... & Corey is just the overall best player in the District & Region.....

I think Tyrone is in that Trent Hassel, Marcus Maybin, and Shawn Marion group.... After its all said and done he could be the best player to ever come from Clarksville..... B)

The thing I like about Corey & Drake every year they have gotten better.. and thats what I think Tyrone will have to do... Hit the weights over the Summer, play AAU ball against National Competion, and learn from this year-what he can do to make him self better.. Tyrone should get with The Mid-State Ballerz this year (play with them) to get that National Attention like Corey & Drake.... Cross thumb

Tyrone is good player but before we start putting him in the same sentence as Hassell,Marion etc. he better develop a jump shot. Dont see him pulling up and shooting too many shots outside the lane. He scores a lot of his points in transition off steals he gets or that his teammates get. If the guards around here could handle the ball a little better then he may not get all these points. I want to see him against a good guard who can make the right decisions and not turn it over. I want to see how good he is in a half court game and how well he can run his team. I am not in any way trying to bash him, so before you say that I am read what I said. He is very talented and has done a GREAT job this year, but to compare him to Hassell and Marion...that is a little ridiculous. And yes he does deserve some recognition for MVP. But at this point it has to go to Corey....his team is undefeated. Now if Clarksville wins both this week and share the title then maybe he and Corey are CO-mvps. The MVP should come from the 1st place team. So I think Reed may be out of the running....we will see. Remember most of the time TEAM success brings individual success. Jordan didnt win to many MVPS until his team starting winning championships!!!!!!!

Those are some really good points..I dont think at this point we can compare him to a shawn or trenton..Obviously coming into high school he was more decorated and hyped than those two were but like Tarheel 23 said he still has alot of improving to do as shooting off the dribble and I think he will improve. I just dont think for the next three years anyone in the district or region will be able to hold his jock.

CROSSUP- Tyrone played with the TN Travelers 15s last year as a 14 year old so he has already received alot of national attention..He is currently ranked top 50 in the Nation. #1 in the state for his class I might add. No disrespect to the Ballerz program but there is no point in his changing situations when hes playing for a Nike Shoe sponsored team and getting National Props.

I will continue to put Tyrone in the same league with those guys, because he's just a Freshman, people read what I said, If he continues to work on his GAME he will be the best player to come out of Clarksville.. Yes he needs to work on his outside shot... He can do that over the Summer... I know he played for TN Travelers, but I think Mid-State is a Better fit for him... Travelers tend to play in a half Court set, where Mid State use their athletic abilities ,,,, and Tyrone is very athletic.... :o

I was very impressed with Tyrone this year (Thanks TnBball U gave me the heads UP!!!) because of his up-side.... Getting Stronger, developing a outside shot, and learning from this year.... AAU lately been earning kids in Clarksville Athletic Scholarships,,, I'm talking about kids who are playing for Universities & not D III or JUCO.... I wish tyrone the best of luck for the remainder of the Year, (but Corey is still my District MVP :D )