Ezell-Harding vs. Lincoln Co.

falconfan94

Every coach works hard . Ezell has alot of talent on their team but they are not winning key games.Coaches need to get on their players when they mess up but like Couger2state said in a previos post you "can't yell at these kids like a dog on every play, this blows the chemistry". This team has no chemisty. Lacey for instance should be dominating but isn't on a regular basis b/c the coach isn't getting best from him. He screams and yells and belittles him.The junior guard should be dominating but he isn't either. A great coach would get the most from his players and these guys are not. It is sad to see a team with as much talent just get by. And to see a team with no spirt. When you win a game aren't you usally excited, this team never seems to be, when they win they look like they just lost. Now something is wrong there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as Coach Brown he was not an assistant coach under Pat Summit. I am a Lady Vols fan. He might have been the water or towel boy but not an assisant under her.

Brown's "Waterboy" Bio
I have gone to several games and know players on the team. And from what I have observed and heard this is not the best coaching staff in the state. From what I have seen and heard they should have been able to get more from their players then they have.

So, Shakes, what your saying is...the opinion of two former players at both of Piercey's schools is inferior to your hearsay opinion. Let me guess the seniors are the ones you are buddies with...the same seniors who played as sophomores and went 0-whatever until they voted the big boys back to come play with them.

I also think it is humorous that you would bring cougars2state in on the thread when 1.) it was a completely different thread and 2.) their coach is the one who Piercey played for and worked under before taking his position at Friendship when Edwards left to go to Goodpasture. Were you at the GP/Ezell games?...the coaching similarities are scary!

As far as Lackey not dominating...you are going to say that Lackey's nondomination is a product of Piercey's bad coaching...you're right, that makes sense. Never mind he has a bad ankle, was out during a number of games and has been sick this year. Good theory, I like your reasoning.

As far as Duke not dominating...he has led his team in scoring 10 times this year, followed the leading scorer by one point 8 times, and is averaging 15.5 points per game. I don't even have statistics for the dishes he has given or the boards he has grabbed. Yes, there have been games when he didn't dominate however few and far between they are, but there is more to your theory than just putting points on the board.

You say you've been to the games, but are you watching the game or critiquing the coaches while you're there?

BTW, not every coach works hard. :D

Doesn't sound like the same coach to me. I do not see him treating his players like that at all. as far as Coach Brown he was not an assistant coach under Pat Summit. I am a Lady Vols fan. He might have been the water or towel boy but not an assisant under her.

825566863[/snapback]

You are a idiot, a complet idiot, Coach Brown was a assitent under Pat Summit. When he took the job at UT he was the Head Girls Coach at Friendship at and they reported after his first year in the local papers that he was moving up to a asssistent so you are a idiot and you don't know what you are talking about.

As far as Lackey not dominating...you are going to say that Lackey's nondomination is a product of Piercey's bad coaching...you're right, that makes sense. Never mind he has a bad ankle, was out during a number of games and has been sick this year. Good theory, I like your reasoning.

I do not feel like Lackey is playing to the best of his ability. I don't think it has anything to do with his ankle and sickness that was months ago.I think it is b/c the coach only dogs him out, he doen't modivate.when your told you're nothing over and over again then you start to believe it. Duke has been the leading scorer, but he still isn't playing the way he should be either. These guys are great ball players,I just don't think they have a good coach. As far as Brown goes I 'm not saying he wasn't emplyeed by UT, but I do'nt think he was part of "the coaching staff"that worked directly with Pat Summit.

Shakes, read the post by Mortimer and click on the line that says Brown's Waterboy Bio. It's all there. She has three assistants, when Mickie DeMoss left, he moved from Grad Assistant to Assitant. I don't know why you would insist that he was employed there but didn't work directly under Pat when there is plenty of information that says otherwise. And even if he was a waterboy (which he wasn't, but if he was), that's closer to being an assistant coach than you and your wisdom will ever come.

Shakes, read the post by Mortimer and click on the line that says Brown's Waterboy Bio.  It's all there.  She has three assistants, when Mickie DeMoss left, he moved from Grad Assistant to Assitant.  I don't know why you would insist that he was employed there but didn't work directly under Pat when there is plenty of information that says otherwise.  And even if he was a waterboy (which he wasn't, but if he was), that's closer to being an assistant coach than you and your wisdom will ever come.

825568697[/snapback]

Thanks for the clear up. As far as my views on their coaching it is still the same. I wish he would have picked up some tips from her, because she's an awesome coach! I do not know much about Brown this is his first year at Ezell . I don't believe he plays much of a role in the varsity. From what I understand he is the Middle School coach anyway. And I don't think they even won a game this season.

I don't believe he plays much of a role in the varsity.

He plays the same role that the other assistant coaches play. I don't understand how you can say you have been to several games and not know how much of a role these coaches play. But your main beef is with Piercey anyway, so, c'est la vie.

From what I understand he is the Middle School coach anyway. And I don't think they even won a game this season.

I haven't seen them play, but what is the talent level at the middle school this year? I don't know, that's why I am asking. Regardless of talent level, I have a hard time believing it was Brown's coaching that led to the winless season. I have seen him coach with talent and without talent, at both levels (middle and high school), and the man knows basketball.

Shakes you do not have any intelligent things to say or info to back up your stupid comments. As far as insight, I believe I have just as much as anyone else seeing as how I played for him LAST YEAR and I personally know everyone on that team. I hang out with a lot of those guys. All of those guys love Coach Piercey and the rest of that coaching staff. I loved that coaching staff last year. I do not know how you want a team to act after a win. Do you want them to jump up and down after every win. What team does that? Do you see good teams jumping up and down after every one of their 15 to 20 or more wins...no you dont. Shakes your posts are uninformed and foolish. You probably are Cougars2state (since you brought him into this thread yourself) or you know him and go to Goodpasture. I have made no secrets about how I feel about that school. So Shakes what do you got to say now. I'm sure it isn't intelligent though.