• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Kim here is my best stab

Most Valuable Player: Rikki Baughman, Elizabethton

Offensive Player of the year: Renee Ensor, Unaka

Defensive Player of the year: Valnessha Redd Elizabethton

Top Juniors: Jessica Lunsford, Heather Banner, Cloudland

Top Sophs. Michaela Pietrowski, Elizabethton, Sallee Taylor, Unaka, Victoria Hopson , Eliz.

Top Fresh. Cameron Fritz, Elizabehton, Alisha Mainer & Paige Barnett, Unicoi

1st Team:

G. Renee Ensor Unaka

G. Jessica Osborne Unaka

G. Jessica Lunsford Cloudland

C. Elizabeth Weaver Unicoi

F. Rikki Baughman Elizabethton

F. Valnessha Redd Elizabehton

F. Heather Banner Cloudland

2nd Team:

G. Coty Townsend Unaka

G. Heather Chambers Hampton

C. Julie Roberson Unaka

F. Michaela Pietrowski Elizabethton

F. Kelia Williams Happy Valley

F. Hali Sparks Unicoi

3rd Team:

G. Cameron Crapps Elizabethton

G. April McCloud Johnson County

G. Brandy Dugger Happy Valley

C. Kayla Blevins Cloudland

F. Danielle Ensor Unaka

F. Lauren Pittman Hampton

F. Jessica McGuire Cloudland

Let the name calling begin! :justwrestle:

OK Kim here is my best stab

Most Valuable Player:                  Rikki Baughman, Elizabethton

Offensive Player of the year:        Renee Ensor,      Unaka

Defensive Player of the year:      Valnessha Redd  Elizabethton

Top Juniors:  Jessica Lunsford, Heather Banner, Cloudland

Top Sophs.  Michaela Pietrowski, Elizabethton, Sallee Taylor, Unaka, Victoria Hopson , Eliz.

Top Fresh.    Cameron Fritz, Elizabehton, Alisha Mainer & Paige Barnett, Unicoi

1st Team:

G.  Renee Ensor            Unaka

G.  Jessica Osborne      Unaka

G.  Jessica Lunsford      Cloudland

C.  Elizabeth Weaver    Unicoi

F.  Rikki Baughman      Elizabethton

F.  Valnessha Redd      Elizabehton

F.  Heather Banner      Cloudland

2nd Team:

G.  Coty Townsend        Unaka

G.  Heather Chambers    Hampton

C.  Julie Roberson          Unaka

F.  Michaela Pietrowski    Elizabethton

F.  Kelia Williams          Happy Valley

F.  Hali Sparks              Unicoi

3rd Team:

G.  Cameron Crapps      Elizabethton

G.  April McCloud            Johnson County

G.  Brandy Dugger          Happy Valley

C.  Kayla Blevins            Cloudland

F.  Danielle Ensor          Unaka

F.  Lauren Pittman          Hampton

F.  Jessica McGuire        Cloudland

Let the name calling begin! :justwrestle:

825567491[/snapback]

Pretty good job for a man in the "hot seat". :justwrestle:

Starman, I see you're bringing a few extras; Me too. I've put this off so long, because I'm having much trouble eliminating so many Great Guards. I plan to go with only three, or maybe four true guards, because this group of Small Forwards ....Townsend, Redd, Taylor, Sparks, etc...is exceptionally talented and diverse. All can work the ball up-court, penetrate, shoot, etc. I want the ones with the longest arms.

And before I select, PLEASE remember: First Team, Second Team, Third Team; it doesn't matter. What would I be if I didn't practice what I preach ....and Play Them All.

And sportiemom, If I've left Precious Megan off the list, it was a Terrible and unintentional mistake. She has been so valuable to the Rangers' cause throughout the season.

At any rate, I will finish my part of this after the game tonight.

As far as juniors go, I would have to find a place for LaceyOliver (Hampton). Game has been consistant all year.  No one plays harder.

825567831[/snapback]

AGREE! She's a personal favorite.

And I've seen Lauren Pittman shoot lights out at times; and Chambers can be amazing. Price, McGuire, Arnold have played over their heads all season long. The two Unicoi Senior Guards can play; and also Engles. Just so many good guards. I have no doubt many will think I'm Drunk after seeing my selections. They will NOT be the Best players, per se, but a very sound TEAM.

And, it was Great seeing a couple Lady Bulldogs and Lady Highlanders at Unaka tonight! Thanks Ladies!

OK, Here goes! And in advance, I"M SORRY! (I would love to run and hide, but I'm the one who started this). Many players, not on the first or second teams, and especially at Guard, are ALMOST as good as the All Stars.

The Guards:

JESSICA OSBORNE

RENEE ENSOR

JESSICA LUNSFORD

Many teams have a very good Point Guard and a decent Shooting Guard, or vice versa. Unaka has the best Pair of Interchangeable guards, anywhere. Even those who know much more about this sport - Coaches at all levels - are very hesitant to choose between the two of them. Those of you who haven't seen them in action have missed something very special.

Small Forwards/Wings

ELIZABETH WEAVER

RIKKI BAUGHMAN

COTY TOWNSEND

VALNEESHA REDD

HALI SPARKS

These are the most versatile Players. Three of them (Weaver, Redd and Townsend have played point; and Baughman is often used as the point against the press) Nearly all can play the one-through-four positions; and they all are long-limbed and athletic, with passing skills and shooting range; and they've proven themselves Defensively.

Post Players:

JULIE ROBERSON -

MICHAELA PIETROWSKI -

DANIELLE ENSOR -

KEILA WILLIAMS - Weaver can play the 4 or 5, but still need another Big Body.

Three Role Players:

LACEY OLIVER - Shooting Guard - Such a KEY Role. Plus everyone knows you're being put into the game for One Reason.

ALISHA MAINER - Post Defense, Rebounder, Depth, Designated Fouler. Completes the Post Group. Only a Freshman, but a ligitimate six-footer. Not so many of them to choose from.

SALLEE TAYLOR - Call this Home Cooking; but Sallee has played so many "Roles" for the Lady Rangers. In fact, she's played every position. She can shoot and play the Point; she plays post and is a hawk on defense.

Perspective (Excuses):

Any number of quality guards could play with this line-up. Banner, Chambers, Dugger, Johnson, Duncan, Lingerfelt, Cameron, Pittman, Engles, Clawson (Santana), Taylor, Kerns, Hopson, Tinsman.

The First Five:

Ensor

Osborne

Rikki

Elizabeth

Coty

Would likely use another "body" for one of the two "starting guards," due to the all-around talent and athleticism of thes five. But I'm not going to pick which one.

Second Five

Lunsford

Roberson

Sparks

Redd

Danielle Ensor

{Did I say that the Second Team could probably beat the First Team?

OK, So I admit I left Michaela out of the Top Ten to keep coach17 coming back for more. :D I would likely alternate M P and J R as starters. And if fact, I'd alternate everyone.

Krich, try as you might to be objective, and I know you did, your lineup is naturally "Ranger-heavy", as it should be.

I had a lineup of sorts but decided that there is simply too much talent in this area to pick and choose just one team. Our little county has two teams in the top ten in the state in their divisions and one other that has a legitimate shot to get to the Boro as well. Tournament time is here. Good luck to all area teams.

Well, corner, You got me....AGAIN!

Last season, these selections would have been almost automatic (especially before the Tournaments). Weaver, Headley, Baughman, Roberson, and Sparks. Unaka Heavy? Subjective?

Try to appreciate that Unaka is this season's senior-laden team. The college coaches have moved in. Also note that I love Val at Wing or Small forward; so she certainly wasn't overlooked.

First team, second team: I could've done like Starman and picked about a dozen for each. :D I could have done like 17 and picked the players I've "really" seen play.

And: One of these Seniors will NOT play College Basketball. I could have left her off the list. Would that have been fair?

Now you got me! The beauty of these boards is that there are no right and wrong responses. Its just opinions, which by nature are subjective. Unaka has a very special group of seniors. Its amazing they have like six or seven (which is it?) and even more amazing that they all can play, and play at such a high level; even more amazing is the apparent lack of jealousy among them. It really speaks well of their coach. Even though I havent seen them play since summer league, I know what Unaka's girls are all about this year......TEAM. Not to put any pressure on them, but I really expect them to be in the championship game at the BORO.