signing Sarah Riddle

buick

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Riddle is 6'4'' and only puts up 10pts. a game and people on here think that she could be SEC material. Come on people with this size in High School she should be dominating. Sarah could play for smaller School around this area, but SEC I don't think so.

Edited by BIGBOYJR

Guest Patriot4Life
Sarah Riddle is 6'4'' and only puts up 10pts. a game and people on here think that she could be SEC material. Come on people with this size in High School she should be dominating. Sarah could play for smaller School around this area, but SEC I don't think so.

825570448[/snapback]

those numbers are slighty misleading. early in the season, to say sarah struggled is a understatement, she was really struggling to find her shot. now she has gotten better offensively over the course of the season and has been averaging about 15-18ppg since january

As Paul Harvey would say "The rest of the story" may never come out but it was much much more than a parent being transferred.

As to this thread, Sarah is definately not SEC material. A nice player but that is whole another level. You have to be a super athlete, very strong, and bigtime talented to play in the SEC.

Edited by flemtone

825570448[/snapback]

Got some stats that may change your mind. Riddle has averaged 12 points per game for the entire season along with 8 rebounds and 4 blocks while playing an average of 25 minutes per game. Along with this she has an average of 3 steals per game and 2 assists per game. This is for the entire season. In the first half of the season her averages were 8 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks with 23 minutes per game. In the second half of the season she has 14 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks per game with an average of 27 minutes. She is definitely improving as the year goes on. As she did not play any of her junior year, nor half of her sophomore year, I would consider her improvement outstanding.

If you factor in the adjustments all of the 7-AAA teams surely made from their first game to their second game against Oakland her improvement is even more outstanding.

Finally, if you know anything about Jennifer Grandstaff's style of coaching, when she gets her squad up by twenty points or more the game is no longer a game but a controlled practice. She is rotating in the bench to get them time playing with the starters, and if she leaves the starters in she has them running new or different plays than what they were running in the first 2 quarters. This will reduce the number of touches any of her starters get, lowering their stats, but it sure produces a balanced team.

Flem, as far as your comments, the only SEC post player I can think of the Riddle played against was Alex Fuller from Shelbyville who is now with UT. I saw her go up against Riddle in AAU. Fuller played her for a little over three minute, got blocked twice,scored on once, and out rebounded. After three minutes Insell took Fuller out of the game and she never came back in while Riddle was on the floor.

Personally I think Riddle would be good off the bench as a freshman for 2 to 4 minutes a game. If she worked hard for her coach by the end of her freshman year she might get up to 8 to 10 minutes. I agree with whoever said it, if she gets into a good programs and gets developed, she could be starting by her Sophomore year. From what I hear and see she has a complete package; good grades, good study habits, good family and no "baggage". Put that together with a 6'5" size and she could definitely play for any SEC team. Even if you think she is a little weak, how many 6'5" girls are there around? If I was getting creamed by the tall girl at LSU. I would be looking for someone to match up with her come next year.

You folks that think Sarah Riddle can play in the SEC are in a dream world. She does not have any where near the athletic ability to play at that level. For that matter I don't think Alex Fuller will ever do much at UT either and she is much more athletic than Sarah Riddle. Riddle is at best a mid-major role player and that is being optimistic.