171:

1st: Bateman (FR) over Watkins (ND) 3rd: 5th:

189:

1st: Wanat (ND) over Walker (Bay) 3rd: 5th:

215:

1st: Coffey (PJP) over Moore (McC) 3rd: 5th:

275:

1st: Green (McC) over Simmons (Bay) 3rd: 5th:

So there's mine, now who are everyone elses picks????

825566017[/snapback]

I think there will be more upsets in DII than people think there will be. Different people perform differently under different pressures. Looks to be a great tournament.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Green making it to the semi's with Pair. I think he will get past Walline. Do you really think Walline can get past Tisdale. Have they wrestled before. Their will be many upsets at 119. TRUST ME As a matter of fact you put Maxx Yates (MJ) over Walline and Green pinned Yates at the beginning of the 2nd period in the Semis at Region. Have you seen Green wrestle yet??

825567871[/snapback]

These are good questions. I don't think they have wrestled each other directly. And I know head to heads don't mean much, scooby, but if I recall corectly Dedmon was beating Green when he was ejected at GP West, Walline was beating Dedmon before Dedmon got injured and defualted. I think these guys are pretty tight and whoever is wrestling their best this weekend of the two, or make that the three (include Tisdale) will be in the Semis. It seems we have 6 places to give out and about 10 real contenders for those spots. This will be a fun weight to watch.

No, he doesn't.  I think Walline is a lot tougher than Green.

825568034[/snapback]

Braytrained. All of northeast state Qualifers are pretty tough. James at 125 Ligon at 171 and Bing at 189. Green is most definately tough enough to rumble with the best. his only loses were to plunk. he was losing to the kid from syrmna but there were questionable calls all over the mat. i think Green has a real good chance of placing at state. and have you seen green wrestle enough to say whose tougher. he's pretty tough

Braytrained. All of northeast state Qualifers are pretty tough. James at 125 Ligon at 171 and Bing at 189. Green is most definately tough enough to rumble with the best. his only loses were to plunk. he was losing to the kid from syrmna but there were questionable calls all over the mat. i think Green has a real good chance of placing at state. and have you seen green wrestle enough to say whose tougher. he's pretty tough

825568128[/snapback]

Scooby is right. Green is Tough. Heck. Walline is Tough. Tisdale is tough. I don't know anything about any of these other guys in the lower branch of the bottom bracket as I haven't seen any of them. I do know that it will be fun to watch these guys settle this debate on the mat.

Region 7 Possible State Champs   

I think that Plunk(harpeth),  Bundy (hendersonville), Johnson (rossview), Minwell (clarksville), and Weakley (clarksville) could all possible be wearing gold on Saturday if they leave everything on the mat.

Does anyone think differently?

825568917[/snapback]

I agree that all have a chance, except for Weakley. To be honest I was really suprised he did go up to 215's. He just doesn't have what it will take to get past both Kirn AND Meredith in the same day. If he'd stayed where he wrestled most of the year, 215, he was my pick to take it all there. Still, I do see him in the Semi's against Kirn and ending up in the 3rd place match against Spencer. If he can prove me wrong then I'll stand corrected, but I see it impossible to win 189's this year.

I agree that all have a chance, except for Weakley. To be honest I was really suprised he did go up to 215's. He just doesn't have what it will take to get past both Kirn AND Meredith in the same day. If he'd stayed where he wrestled most of the year, 215, he was my pick to take it all there. Still, I do see him in the Semi's against Kirn and ending up in the 3rd place match against Spencer. If he can prove me wrong then I'll stand corrected, but I see it impossible to win 189's this year.

825569191[/snapback]

He would wrestle Kirn on Friday and Meredith on Saturday. I agree on the 215 opinion.