Any Standout Players this year?

GoldBasketball

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Cox, Johnson County. Will be a good challenge to Curtis Brumit from Elizabethton in District 1-A/AA. By the way, this is the first I've heard of the Central kid. How good is he?

825590432[/snapback]

Lets talk tennis...To many here talk from school spirit and not talent. After watching most of these players last year I have added players on a watch list for the upcome season.

Curtis Brumit....Cool head under pressure. Knows the game and uses it to his advantage. My ranking for this player is #2 with a possible 1 in the east. Couching staft ranked #1

Trey Vanzant.... Been around and knows his game. His speed is in question and that drops him in my poll to 3rd or 4th. Couching staft ranked 8th

James Cox...Speed, power and endurance. Best backhand in the east with a power serve. My ranking for this player is #1 as long as he stays consistent and plays his game. Couching staft ranking..7th

C St.louis....Will be the best in a couple years in the east. Not much known about his game but will be fun to watch. Could be state bound by his junior year but will have competition from the newest Brumit. My ranking for this player 4th with a chance of 3rd behind C. Brumit and J. Cox. Couching staft ranked 3rd.

My outlook for this year is simple.

Cox will take 1 as long as he stays consistent in his game without losing his power and head at times. Play your game and stay with it. With be watching for him at state.

Brumit will be tough. He's #1 if he picks up his speed. Will also see him at the top.

Vanzant will play his game but to slow for Cox and Brumit.

St.louis...will be watching your game this year. Don't rely on your foot speed but stay in your game.

I think High Country40 is pretty accurate at what he is saying, it is going to be a good watching with Cox and Brumit, but that new kid from central won't be up there with these more experienced players. It will be very interesting to watch though. It is going to be a great year, good luck to everyone.

James Cox...Speed, power and endurance. Best backhand in the east with a power serve. My ranking for this player is #1 as long as he stays consistent and plays his game. Couching staft ranking..7th

825605227[/snapback]

There we go, someone who acually knows what their talking about. I think the same thing, as long as he can keeps consistent the possibilitys are endless... If you don't watch out that serve can really tear you up somtimes. :( Oh yeah, who are all you guys and what school you play for?

T.I. aka..Trey Ivins for THE mcminn central high school...big things..he practiced today in underarmor tights...he's just that good...

825602142[/snapback]

Hey tony, look at this kid. I guess Central really wants to be like mcminn, we call The County, The McMinn County High School, we have been saying that since last year. And now this little kid comes on here and tries to copy us saying it for the first time. I would like to see this waterboy play.

Why do you think that Trey Vanzant is going to be mvp and everything else? Do you know that for sure?? There is alot of competition out there now, theres Curtis Brumit, James Cox, Andy Clark, and few others lower seeds thats right there with the top seeds Seth Wallingford and Chris Brumit from Elizabethon. This year Elizabethon is going to be tough to defeat them(by team), but anything is possible. If there is anyone else out there that i didn't mention, then mention it. Anything can happen this year and its going to be great watching these matches.

"IF YOU LOSE, LOSE HARD!!"

highcountry_40 what scool are you talking about

825606611[/snapback]

upper east Tennessee schools as a whole. No one school. There are 5 of us old players that run around and try to keep up with the local schools and watch them them play when we can. I live in Church Hill and and watch all the way to Johnson Co. 4 countys in all.

Everyone should take note that Hixson's #1 player Ben Rybolt is returning for his senior season, and this year he is devoting all of his efforts to tennis this year. He has improved his serve tremendously, and the rest of his game has come together nicely. Along with his improved physical condition from off season swim practice Ben will definatly be a contender for singles this year. In closing Ben likes to take long wlaks on the beach with that very special someone. To all you ladies out there Ben is single and looking!