District 3AAA Tournament

mocs30

i got won name for you and that is dandrus whitt. i think that the game tomorrow will be a good one between clinton and powell but i think that if it gets close d whitt will be to much. last year i would not have said this but the way he has played this year he really has become a leader. clinton by 3

now to the game tonight between halls and karns. it was a good game all night and really could have went either way. jody fersner really earned my respect as a person and a player cause everytime we would make a big shot late he would come down and hit a three to keep it close. halls did it like they have all year with pretty balanced scoring. borum-21 lucas 16-20 somewhere around there sharp- had somewhere around 15 and may prob had double digits. when halls has people stepping up they are hard to beat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights game between Karns and Halls was a good one but Halls was pretty much in control the whole the night. Karns' zone defense gave Halls trouble at first but when sharpe started penetrating and everyone started crashing the boards they couldnt stop them. Both of tonights game will be good ones. I havent seen Clinton play much this year but the one time I did I was impressed with the speed of their guards. Even though Powell handled them pretty good last time I dont see Whitt letting this one slip out. Even though Halls is on only so much sleep I still seeing this game being close. Everyone knows how hard is to be beat OR at OR, but tonight might be that night. Im guessing OR hasnt played in about a week and might be a little rusty. Last meeting halls was down by 1 with like 4 minutes remaining and we had 2 or 3 sick players. If halls can keep the Turnovers low tonight and are able to beat the press I see them winning this one tonight and playing Clinton and championship.

I like both matchups tomorrow night. Halls has a bit of a raw deal having to come back on about 18 hours rest. Oak Ridge will probably be too much. Powell and Clinton is a toss up. Powell handled them pretty well last week, but Powell shot 30-34 from the floor. That probably won't happen again. If Addis and Connor can give Whitt a hard time, I think Powell advances. Smith and Ward will have to be big, and Hargis needs to play like he did today. Hargis was just great today. 17 points around 7-9 assists and several rebounds.

825578438[/snapback]

I think that Clinton will come out and play, knowing that they gave Powell the game last time they meet. Clinton by 7.

Oakridge will have to play steady, and hope that the home court willl help.

O.R by 5. That will set up an Clinton , O.R Championship Game.

I don't think that Clinton gave Powell anything last game. Powell earned a good win and out played them, period. Powell almost beat Clinton at Clinton this year also. I think the Panthers continue with the momentum from last night and win.

ptp10: I'm glad you shot better during the game than you did in warmups. LOL, I was getting worried. Great win for you guys. Good luck tonight.

Primetimeplayer you came out focused and ready to go last night and it showed with you throwing down 21. I look forward to you guys upsetting Oak Ridge tonight. You guys have a real oppurtunity to pull the upset of the tournament. If you can come out focused and ready to dial in from downtown you guys will come out victorious. Good Luck Prime time. Can't wait to see you guys in the championship game againist the dragons of C-town.

If Halls wins, I would not classify it as an upset. I have been predicting a Halls/Powell championship game for several weeks now. I do know this, with Heritage beating South Doyle, you have to figure that they will be the other district's #4 seed in the region. Beating Heritage should be pretty doable for any one of our teams, so winning the district tournament is even more important now because the chances of easily advancing in the Region just improved. This is looking ahead I know, but I would love to draw Heritage in the first round of the region.

If Halls wins, I would not classify it as an upset. I have been predicting a Halls/Powell championship game for several weeks now. I do know this, with Heritage beating South Doyle, you have to figure that they will be the other district's #4 seed in the region. Beating Heritage should be pretty doable for any one of our teams, so winning the district tournament is even more important now because the chances of easily advancing in the Region just improved. This is looking ahead I know, but I would love to draw Heritage in the first round of the region.

825579435[/snapback]

Good point mocs. I have to agree with the upset thing. Halls beat Karns twice and played Clinton close twice...the only teams to beat OR in district play. All 5 of the teams have been really close all year. It's just a matter of who shows up when. Anyone can come out of this thing first. It's just a shame Karns is out of it.

825579435[/snapback]

Kudos Mocs30 you picked it, a Halls/Powell championship game with the perennial powers Oak Ridge/Clinton fighting it out in the consolation game. It has been since 1997 that a team other than Clinton or Oak Ridge has won the district! Halls gave OR all they could ask for tonight. Oak Ridge was flat and didn't seem to have the energy. Halls was on top of it, when OR wasn't protecting the ball, Halls was stealing it. If OR wants to make it out of the Region they have got to play together as a team and come out fighting and stay agressive the WHOLE game. Good luck to all the teams. The Clinton/Powell game was awesome with both teams giving it all they had! GO 'Cats! thumb