Class AA District 4 Tournament Info and Question

CardinalRed

Lenoir City took the #3 seed. I'm not sure what tiebreaker formula was used since the two split their head-to-head games. I suppose they might have gone with the record against the next lowest seed (Oliver Springs). LC swept OS and SHS split with the 'Cats. I am not familiar with the formula used in district 4-AA.

Regardless, the first round is set:

#3 Lenoir City vs. #6 Loudon - Monday at 6 p.m.

Winner gets #2 Kingston Tuesday at 6 p.m.

#4 Scott High vs. #5 Oliver Springs - Monday at 9 p.m.

Winner gets #1 Anderson County Tuesday at 9 p.m.

lenoir city gets the 3 seed-- scott gets the 4 seed... Scott and lenoir split the season series,,, but the coaches draw numbers and the lowest number is the loser,,, scott drew 6, the lowest number possible,,, giving lenoir city the tiebreaker.

THis seems to be the most unfair way of determining a tie breaker,, however thats the way it is.

I don't think it would have mattered, both LC and Scott will advance.

825573924[/snapback]

LC is obviously the better team compared with Loudon but in such a heated rivalry LC will have a very tough time beating Loudon for a third time this season, same situation last year except Loudon won the two regular season meetings and then LC beat them in the tournament. Look for it to be a good game and close at the end at least. It does matter though because LC will have a much greater chance to defeat Kingston than Scott's chances to beat Anderson Co. at AC. I don't think that will matter too much because AE and Fulton should play in the regional championship anyway but every team wants to get as far as it can.