OUTRAGE!

alias14

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dirtdobber you are right on the money. You have to give credit to those players who hang in there although. They are the true sportsmanship winners. Where I live if your parents don't have the right jobs or pull, even though your child may be a better player they are benched so that some can get noticed more. If you are gonna choose 10 players then play them don't just use them as practice dummies. The coaches here even blame the bench players when they lose a game and all he has played has been 5 starters. Give em a chance coaches!

Senior, Junior, Sophomore or Freshman doesnt matter who is starting and playing...If the team goes up by 30 the coach should sub... (PERIOD) It doesnt matter what grade those on the floor are in, it does matter that he is blowing a team out and he still has his STARTERS in the game..... Padding the Stats, Running up the margin of Victory, doesnt matter there is no excuse....

Poor Sportsmanship on the coaches part... The girls on the team have nothing to do with his lack of coaching maturity... It amazes me how School Administrators condone coaches doing this...

(Before anything is said, I am not from Perry Coounty never even seen the girls team play in my lifetime, I think??)

From what I could hear on the radio, the PC coach had his 2nd string in starting the 2nd quarter and his 3rd string around the 3:00 mark in the 3rd and all of the 4th in the game against Zion. The starters played all of the 1st quarter and most of them played about the first half of the 3rd quarter. Many people fail to realize that of all the players that play a lot regularly, those who see the most time during these types of games are the freshmen who start or come off the bench early (Leegan, K. Dabbs, Treadwell). The coach seems to be focusing on really developing those 3 as they will play a big part in his run to the 'Boro this year and in many years to come.

As far as the whole him padding stats for Weatherly and Edney, those two get their points alot quicker then people realize. Alot of people will read where Edney and Weatherly got 20+ points each in a game the team won by 40+ and assume that they were in the game the entire time. In all actuallity, they were probably in for about 2 - 2 1/2 quarters at the most. No one seems to mind when Alysha Clark of Mt. Juliet is getting 30+ points in games that her team is winning by 25 - 30 points after the first quarter, so why should it be any different for Weatherly and Edney? I believe there may be more jealously related to this topic, rather than actual concern for the players on the bench of Perry County.

Edited by ptguard12

For the record, PC has three seniors and one has not played all year because of an injury.  You may have been confused because one of the managers is a senior.  She would make the fourth senior.  Coach Lee is doing a great job.  I hope he keeps it up.  Good luck to him and his girls!!!

825571593[/snapback]

I'm talking about the seniors leaving next year, Weatherly, Rhodes, Smith, and Edney. After they leave who is PC gonna have?

From what I could hear on the radio, the PC coach had his 2nd string in starting the 2nd quarter and his 3rd string around the 3:00 mark in the 3rd and all of the 4th in the game against Zion.  The starters played all of the 1st quarter and most of them played about the first half of the 3rd quarter.  Many people fail to realize that of all the players that play a lot regularly, those who see the most time during these types of games are the freshmen who start or come off the bench early (Leegan, K. Dabbs, Treadwell).  The coach seems to be focusing on really developing those 3 as they will play a big part in his run to the 'Boro this year and in many years to come.

As far as the whole him padding stats for Weatherly and Edney, those two get their points alot quicker then people realize.  Alot of people will read where Edney and Weatherly got 20+ points each in a game the team won by 40+ and assume that they were in the game the entire time.  In all actuallity, they were probably in for about 2 - 2 1/2 quarters at the most.  No one seems to mind when Alysha Clark of Mt. Juliet is getting 30+ points in games that her team is winning by 25 - 30 points after the first quarter, so why should it be any different for Weatherly and Edney?  I believe there may be more jealously related to this topic, rather than actual concern for the players on the bench of Perry County.

825573543[/snapback]

I was a practice dummy many years ago when I played at my high school. It rips out your heart when you know you worked as hard as the players on the floor, but never really got a chance. This topic was started out of concern for all players out there who could have made a difference, but was cast aside. Everyone on the bench deserves to play and most importantly have fun! thumb

Alias 14,

That is what my child has said to me in the past too. However the coach tells them if a parent comes crying to him just go ahead and turn your uniform in before they get there. You are stuck with telling your child to hang in there and play hard. Even though you know there soul is being defeated by their coach. I know kids who received mvp awards at their state tournaments in 8th grade and go on to this school and receive no playing time even in the jv games. That makes no sense to me . Everyone has a bad game every now and then, so try some other players , who knows it might be their night to shine. I love to go and watch coaches who sub deep on the bench. That truly shows what your complete team is made of.

I'm talking about the seniors leaving next year, Weatherly, Rhodes, Smith, and Edney. After they leave who is PC gonna have?

825577172[/snapback]

Leegan, K.Dabbs, Treadwell, Dixon, and a new surplus of middle school players (some of whom are on track to be better then Weatherly and Edney) who are making some noise from both Linden and Lobelville. Don't worry, Perry County seems to be on track to be just as good in the upcoming years, if not better, then they are now.

:o

I was a practice dummy many years ago when I played at my high school. It rips out your heart when you know you worked as hard as the players on the floor, but never really got a chance. This topic was started out of concern for all players out there who could have made a difference, but was cast aside. Everyone on the bench deserves to play and most importantly have fun!  thumb

825577184[/snapback]

;) I agree that ALL the bench should be allowed to play in blow-out games because the 'Bench' is a vital organ of the functioning team. Especially when injuries occur. You've got to have them to depend upon, but there are some coaches(not all of them) but some who don't care if these kids give-up and quit or not. Sometimes Coaches are more concerned with who the kids are than what they can do in a game. I have seen this more in Middle School Coaches and a few High School, but usually it's the Middle School Coaches that beat their confidence down so they drop out in High School before they get a chance to show what they can do. :(