Region 4-AA

running riot

No, they didn't get the shaft. I think that the district's method of tiebreaker after the head-to-head doesn't sort out the tie is pretty silly, but it's the method they use and Scott High was on the losing end. If the players focus on being shafted, their season will end against Oliver Springs on Monday night. If they focus on the tournament and playing their best, this is a very capable Highlander ball club that can make some good things happen before this season is finished.

The 4AA coaches including Coach Hall decided a few years ago that this was the best way to handle tiebreakers. 1) head to head 2) draw a number at start of season......I don't agree with the system either, but when your team is in on the decision making process how can you whine about it. In most districts, after head to head, you see which team beat the highest seeded team and that determines the tiebreaker. The highest ranked team that LC beat was Scott and the highest ranked that Scott beat was Kingston. Honestly, in my opinion Scott should get the tiebreaker because of this win, but that's not how this district decides it. Talk to Coach Hall and see if he will work to change it because this isn't the first time this scenario has came up over the years......ps Why would your overall wins matter in determining a distrct tiebreaker....look at the two teams strength of schedule and their's no comparison..LC played Fulton, Alcoa, Sequoyah, etc.......