2006- possible A mr. basketball nominees

LoveIt

Nobody get upset, that is not the purpose of this, but allow me just a couple of points on this and I will not bring it up again. First, gomab does have two kids listed from single A relatively high THIS YEAR, but last? No, the year before, No. (Jake Skogen was the highest at #14, and I have great respect for anyone, in this case Gomab who will admit he made a mistake, it would go along ways if others on here would do the same...a wonderful quality to have and one that is sorely missing today...sorry for the cultural commentary, but my respect for Gomab just went up a notch) The comment, I beleive was taking a few years into consideration and was made in general. Gomab's comment regarding this year is akin to saying, "I'm not prejudice against Mexicans, my best friend is a Mexican."

Second, Love it, the point is that Gomab saw whoever you were referring to play once and people listen to his opinion and that kid gets bad press. Me and my buddies went to the all state game, east vs. west and they pass out in the program a listing of the top players in the state, do you want to guess whose listing they passed out? Gomabs top 50...My point is only that if you haven't seen a kid and you are taking it upon yourself to rank the best, the maybe you should see the kid before you put him somewhere or don't put him somewhere because it MIGHT effect his future. I have talked to many college coaches and they actually look at this kind of stuff.

Third, Gomab has over the years spoken to Temple as a team and been complimentary. (Just a question however: Gomab you pulled for Temple vs. Ezell, Temple was a huge underdog in that one. Now, do you pull for teams vs. Temple because Temple is often times the favorite? Are you one of those guys who loves the underdog, just wondering?)

It is my opinion that he has not scored their individual talent very high. Jake made #14 I don't think Ryan Wadley was even on the list. Last year, top four, no one on the list. This year, well it began with no one on the list, but Gomab has made some changes, I just don't know where to look to see them.

Fourth, After reading Gomab's post I truly want to apologize if my words were a source of frustration, that was not my intent and no one knows Gomab's mind but him. I have little trouble divorcing my emotions from my opinions, I don't take things personally, and sometimes I may irratate folks, again, my apologies.

Ok, I'm done with this. Again, didn't mean to upset anyone.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic