2006- possible A mr. basketball nominees

LoveIt

gomab- I think your view of single A ball- is not only biased but pathetically wrong and mislead-  Single A players have proven themselves to be great in the past years and the best single A players can play with the best of AA or AAA- Rip me down if ya want- but this is my opinion of you and of single A- correct me if I am mistaken

825578062[/snapback]

yeah you were right on the doaks thread about him being biased(we all are on here) but i dont believe his bias goes toward single A, seeing as he had a few single a players on his aau team and quite a few at the top of his list..there are just a lot more good players in AA and AAA

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the little skogen is in 8th grade. he is going to be a mad baller.

825578017[/snapback]

yeah i've always liked his game..now of course i've only seen him when he was really little but he was always fun to watch..i've heard he's not much bigger tho and that he needs to grow, A LOT, now i dont know if thats true or not, can anyone help me out there??

yeah you were right on the doaks thread about him being biased(we all are on here) but i dont believe his bias goes toward single A, seeing as he had a few single a players on his aau team and quite a few at the top of his list..there are just a lot more good players in AA and AAA

825578109[/snapback]

Your right there is alot more players to choose from so therefore the entire teams in AA and AAA are better than A. Individually a single A player can compete with the best from AA and AAA but team wise that is not the case. With that being said...there will be alot more scoring opportunities for Weddle against the single A teams because of the lack of total team talent. I dont think gomabs post was biased, seems like common sense to me. You can expect high 20's from Weddle next year.

Your right there is alot more players to choose from so therefore the entire teams in AA and AAA are better than A. Individually a single A player can compete with the best from AA and AAA but team wise that is not the case. With that being said...there will be alot more scoring opportunities for Weddle against the single A teams because of the lack of total team talent. I dont think gomabs post was biased, seems like common sense to me. You can expect high 20's from Weddle next year.

825578157[/snapback]

yeah thats waht i was trying to say

well they are james mccormick and the other is james wallace. james mccormick playes some good d and james wallace can shoot. good. cant wait to see them on the floor next year.

825578054[/snapback]

sad to say it but not certain if mcCormick will be back cause he has hurt his arm pretty badly...dont know a dang thing about footbal but he sure is good at it..even though this is a bball thread....

and wallace will be good...hes good at threes and defense...

but it would be great if Jmack could come back...at least for football.

sad to say it but not certain if mcCormick will be back cause he has hurt his arm pretty badly...dont know a dang thing about footbal but he sure is good at it..even though this is a bball thread....

and wallace will be good...hes good at threes and defense...

but  it would be great if Jmack could come back...at least for football.

825578268[/snapback]

sup TH i hope Jmack can play next year both sports and i hope wallace will come back good after his injury. he will have to work hard.

newballer, you are right about the younger skogen, he may be the smallest of the lot, he is VERY aggressive and has the advantage of great games on the hoop in his driveway, but time will tell.

I would respectfully disagree about your defense of Gomab and single A ball. For years the single A guys get the shaft from him. For instance, when jake Skogen was a Senior he was AP first team all state, top five all classes. Gomab had him in the 20's and 30's most of the year and then, in what he implied was a concession to all our griping moved him to #14 at the end. I could give you more. Jeff Smith from Tyner ranked where he is while there are a bunch of single A guys better than Jeff, no where close to where smith is. It goes on and on. Again, everyone is bias, but lets at least admit our bias at least then it is respectable.

Newballer, that is a good point and you may be right. We Temple fans do think that Gomab shafts our kids and at times even our team, so that might inform our thoughts and feelings about his evaluations. Gomab never sees us play, can't follow us due to where he lives etc. So what should we expect? Maybe only thta he doesn't speak so definitively about players whom he hasn't been able to evaluate properly???

Whatever, Temple needs to stop worrying about Gomab not giving them any love and just concentrate on winning. Gomab seems to speak highly of certain single A players IF they have played for him, ie-Joseph Bailey, but other than that it is really hard to find one in the top 20 of any class for the last four years. I am not saying they are not there, but I sure can't remember who it would be, especially at the beginning of season when he lists his top 55 or whatever. Sometimes as the season goes on a single A guy can crack the top 25 but not often. For crying out loud he did not even have Caleb Skogen in his top 55 when the season started! But there I go again holding up Temple...sorry about that.

Volsbigd, listen carefully: You don't have to respect someone for that someone to get your attention. Let's say Mr. Smooth steals your girlfriend, you know he is a jerk, you listen to his disrespect for women in the locker room and his boasting about how he gets who he wants and uses them for himself...you have no respect for him because you are a fine young fellow and recognize a snake when you see and hear one. But his charms have taken away your girl...she is enamored with him. Does he have your attention? Do you respect him?

I am not implying that Gomab is a snake, just an analogy to make a point. Does Gomab have "our attention"? Sure he does, he speaks as one with authority and for some reason people act as though he HAS authority, even outside of the Coach T Boards. Does that imply respect? Not necessarily. Of course it doesn't imply a lack of respect either for that determination more information would be needed.

As for your point about who cares, just let your game speak for you, in that I concur completely.