Loretto 58, Page 54

PageMan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question for both sides??  Who played better bagsby or cross??

825581590[/snapback]

I think Cross because she stepped up when she had to, and helped her teammates down the stretch. Bagsby had a good game, don't get me wrong, but she didnt do that good on her free throws (you gotta have those).

Oh your going by some newspaper article that supposely gave Loretto motivation, but guess what it almost back fired.

825581593[/snapback]

That should answer your question Afan, Badsby played better.  Anyone that is that defensive about a question, lol.  Also, ntdls, please make another reference to Page's comments in the paper over a month ago, it has been about an hour since you brought that up.

825581670[/snapback]

that "some newspaper" was The Tennessean: a state wide newspaper. I believe those comments was a big part of Page losing that game because the intensity coming from Loretto on that floor was some of the best intensity I personally have seen all year. Also, it ALMOST backfired. These girls play their best basketball when they're mad. That's all there is to it...that simple. You can take that however you wish.

That should answer your question Afan, Badsby played better.  Anyone that is that defensive about a question, lol.  Also, ntdls, please make another reference to Page's comments in the paper over a month ago, it has been about an hour since you brought that up.

825581670[/snapback]

I think ntdls is trying to get Afan to harp on someone else for a change. Afan seems to be a little to worried about Cross, because he or she is constantly making disparaging remarks about Cross and her abilities. If you will notice most of his or her posts are directed at Cross. Of course he has started a couple of posts concerning Banes from Cheatham. To answers his question about Cross and Bagsby. Bagsby scored more points but Loretto won. Bagsby and Cross are both tough post players and will be able to handle any other post player they have to face in region.

The officials were, by description since I don't know their names, tall man with the perfect brown hair, old man with glasses and mustache, and middle-aged man with shaved or bald head.  The problem I had with them was they let Loretto aggressively play while Page was called for touch fouls.  Loretto would triple team a player in the back court, obviously hacking the player, but no calls made.  There was another time where Loretto knocked down a Page guard with a blocking foul, but Page was called for traveling.  Many of the Page turnovers were due to fouls by Loretto where no calls were made.  I don't think they called it the same on both ends of the court.  There were several missed calls against both teams, but I think Loretto came out ahead with the officiating.  But you can't blame the loss on the officials - Page missed too many easy shots and had too many unforced turnovers that lost the game for them.

825581452[/snapback]

First you say you are going to refrain from official talk then say Loretto got the good end of the calling... "Loretto - 24 fouls, Page - 19 fouls" <------- pay close attention to that.... The honest truth is that the officials stunk it up on both ends.. The first half was horribly officiated in favor of page, and in the second half the bad officiating benefited Loretto overall..... I could run down many different specific events to show just how bad it was on both sides... But that would be much too long of a post! As for this trying to blame the refs it's hilarious... The tall guy w/ the brown hair is the single most unqualified person to ever call themself a basketball official... He has no clue what he is doing on the court and 80% of the time he makes the wrong call!! And he has called poorly against loretto everytime he's ever officiated their games... I mean he's so bad he does manage to slip in a few ludacris calls for other teams but he is known for how crappy he officiates Loretto Basketball.... And for all you Page ppl who are whining about the officiating going in Loretto's favor... To go on top of what I have just said.. Also add the fact that everytime... Everytime 21 or 22 drove while being defended they pushed off w/ their free hand (actually most of the time w/ their elbow)... If any one of the refs would have had a clue, that would have been stopped, or they wouldn't have had much time on the court.... I'm not sure if they do that every game or not.... But they got away w/ it everytime they attempted to drive tuesday night!

Hope that comment wasn't towards me??  I was just simplying asking by the numbers looks like bagsby played a better game.  Cross had 11 in first but only mustared 7 the rest of game

825581603[/snapback]

Cross was obviously unwell after the first quarter... She sat out the Entire 2nd quarter... So if you're going to look at stats as to who played better, add up the minutes bagby played as well as cross... I bet she played atleast 8 more minutes than Jana...

Edited by mas1821

I have seen both of these teams play each other at page during the regular season when i went to the game i was expecting a great team to show up out of loretto, but they didn't and they would have got beat if page would not have had a lot of stupid turnovers so my question is why isn't loretto living up to all this hype they are getting

Edited by CHSCougars

Well great game to both teams. I thought it was very poor calling on both ends. My biggest thing is give credit where credit is needed and Loretto deserves some credit. Loretto had a horrible 3 Quarters and finally in the 4th quarter they stepped it up with some tight defense. I think both teams played their hearts out but Loretto just wanted it more. I believe that Cross is a much better ball player than Bagsby because Cross don't have to run her mouth; she shows how good her and her team is on the floor. Bagsby you finally got what you wanted and that was to play Loretto well guess what? you got beat again i hope we play you in the region because it would be even better to beat you for the fourth time.

Go lady mustangs

I have seen both of these teams play each other at page during the regular season when i went to the game i was expecting a great team to show up out of loretto, but they didn't and they would have got beat if page would not have had a lot of stupid turnovers so my question is why isn't loretto living up to all this hype they are getting

825582574[/snapback]

Those stupid turnovers are mostly caused by great defense. What hype? Most posts on this site have Cheatham & Harpeth advancing from the region. With only 5 losses(2 of those to AAA teams & 1 to 4A back to back state champ in bama & the fact that 4 of those 5 losses they beat the other team the other time they played them & the lone loss that they didn't was due to not playing them a second time & only 1 loss in what is probably the toughest district from top to botom in the state in AA) I think they have well lived up to any so called hype. I'm sure the officiating was bad, but didn't the lady patriots shoot from the charity stripe somewhere around 35 times & Loretto shot their around 19? As far as the 2 post players, both are awesome players. I love watching both of them play! It's very possible they could meet again in the 2nd round of the regional tournament or possibly in the championship. If it's in the 2nd round, a very very good team will not be invited to play in a sub state game. Good luck to all! Go Lady Mustangs!

Why are all you Loretto people running your mouth on here about Bagsby did it affend everybody that someone asked a simple question.  Remember she was'nt a threat so shut up.  You better be looking ahead and let yesterday go.

825582910[/snapback]

Where in my post did I say anything bad about the post player from Page?