East Ridge over Sequatchie

Indian

E Ridge won on their homecourt. Both teams showed a lot of character, coming back at different times of the game. Refs did not show much character but the loss can't be blamed on them despite the poor job, Seq had some chances-E Ridge got an offensive rebound with 20 seconds left in overtime 2 after 2 missed foul shots, was just up by two then I believe, made another to go up by 3 very late (E Ridge had only 2 fouls in the second half until about 2 minutes left in the fourth when they had to foul to stop the clock), fouls were 10+ to 2 until then. At least one of them did admit he messed up, nodded and mouthed "I know" two different times when told by fans he missed a call badly. A sub for E Ridge entered the court without being given the go-ahead by the refs, play started and it should have been an immediate T but E Ridge was fouled and made 2 foul shots before Seq got their technical shots, they never should have started the possession, too many warnings given to E Ridge for holding inside instead of a foul just being called (hands off, hands off was heard too many times). Seq scored on a putback to tie it at the end of 4th, scored a 3 to tie it at the end of the first overtime, both shots by sophs. E Ridge got a 3 at the start of the second overtime and was in control the last 4 minutes, did a fine job running down the time. Seq's Huth had his best game in 4 years, lit up anyone put on him and scored 35. The other post probably got in maybe 10 minutes because of foul trouble, fouled out way too early (he and another player were both going for a loose ball on his 5th foul, neither had an advantage on both were making contact with each other). E Ridge's Nixon had the best high school dunk I've seen in a while, just worth 2 points of course but gave E Ridge some momentum. Lack of over the back calls let him have his way inside at times, even when blocked out properly. Just 2 seniors for Seq, if they develop another low post scorer and work on foul shooting, play like they did this week in every game, they should be better next year.

Hey, whatta ya know, Sequatchie lost a game and it wasnt their fault,......again.

825581108[/snapback]

"Refs did not show much character but the loss can't be blamed on them despite the poor job, Seq had some chances..."

What part of that did you not understand? I've seen only twice this year in Seq's game that poor officiating was part of the loss, at South Pittsburg and in this one, but again Seq had some chances to put the game away in the fourth and East Ridge came back. Those things I mentioned happened, sorry if you don't believe it, 10 or more fouls to two until late in the fourth was a fact despite the fact East Ridge was playing just as hard and Seq was getting the ball inside everytime. I would add more about how on two of the three steals they had late the defender went through a player to get the ball, even though it's a fact I guess you'd just call it an excuse, missing a parttime starter/first or second player off the bench last night due to a famliy matter would be too, and not having one of the seniors, started the year prior and was probably the best defensive player on the team, for the whole season because of a football injury would have been too. But they still swept Jasper.

Edited by Indian

"Refs did not show much character but the loss can't be blamed on them despite the poor job, Seq had some chances..."

What part of that did you not understand? I've seen only twice this year in Seq's game that poor officiating was part of the loss, at South Pittsburg and in this one, but again Seq had some chances to put the game away in the fourth and East Ridge came back. Those things I mentioned happened, sorry if you don't believe it, 10 or more fouls to two until late in the fourth was a fact despite the fact East Ridge was playing just as hard and Seq was getting the ball inside everytime. I would add more about how on two of the three steals they had late the defender went through a player to get the ball, even though it's a fact I guess you'd just call it an excuse, missing a parttime starter/first or second player off the bench last night due to a famliy matter would be too, and not having one of the seniors, started the year prior and was probably the best defensive player on the team, for the whole season because of a football injury would have been too. But they still swept Jasper.

825581846[/snapback]

Why do you say in the first part of the post that it wasnt to be blamed on the officials and then follow it up with a whole story on what could've been if things had been called the right way? I saw that you weren't going to blame it on officials, but i also kept reading and saw where you actually blamed officials for things that went against your team. You just said in your last post that you only saw two games this year where the officials can be blamed for part of the loss, this one being one of them, but you wanted me to make sure i saw the part where you said officials werent to blame.

Edited by bballfan12