2005 - TBCA AA Pre-Season Rankings Out

strongarm

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks ok to me. I dont know much about Walker Valley..it looked all along that we would end up playing them for the state championship and they didnt end up getting to the state tournament. Were they just playing bad opponents or what happened last season with them?

825583953[/snapback]

faced a tough pitcher from grundy co. that signed with motlow st.

playground legend, Why is Montgomery Central in the top 10? I really dont know? They defeated a great team and one of the top programs in the state in Marshall County in the regional championship last year, they defeated Jackson Southside in the Sectionals which has one of the best coaches in the state and were State runner-ups the previous year, they defeated Seymour in the state tournament which had a great team last year and will have great team this year, they defeated David Lipbscomb in the state tournament probably one of the top 5 programs in the state every year and has a legendary coach. They return a first team All State pitcher who won many of those games, plus 4 all Area team selections, plus 3 All district selections, plus 1 all state tournament selection. They have also won four of the last five District 10 tournaments. They also drilled Harpeth High School in the Championship game last year. They also play a very differcult SCHEDULE each year including MILAN, WHITE HOUSE,JACKSON SOUTHSIDE, DICKSON COUNTY, CLARKSVILLE, ROSSVIEW, GALLATIN AND OTHERS. I dont know maybe they have a decent team this year.

PLAY BALL! As I stated in an earlier post, there are always good teams left out and there always will be. Montgomery Central proved themselves over a 4 year period to be a good program and finally broke thru last year. They are very deserving as are other schools who aren't in the top 10.

playground legend, Why is Montgomery Central in the top 10? I really dont know? They defeated a great team and one of the top programs in the state in Marshall County in the regional championship last year, they defeated Jackson Southside in the Sectionals which has one of the best coaches in the state and were State runner-ups the previous year, they defeated Seymour in the state tournament which had a great team last year and will have great team this year, they defeated David Lipbscomb in the state tournament probably one of the top 5 programs in the state  every year and has a legendary coach.  They return a first team All State pitcher who won many of those games, plus 4 all Area team selections, plus 3 All district selections, plus 1 all state tournament selection.  They have also won four of the last five District 10 tournaments.  They also drilled Harpeth High School in the Championship game last year.  They also play a very differcult SCHEDULE each year including MILAN, WHITE HOUSE,JACKSON SOUTHSIDE, DICKSON COUNTY, CLARKSVILLE, ROSSVIEW, GALLATIN AND OTHERS. I dont know maybe they have a decent team this year.

825585318[/snapback]

Edited by jdmtpb

Good post JD. Off the subject some, David Miller from Cunningham, Tn who was an All State Tournament selection from Montgomery Central last year was the player of the game in the JC showcase series this weekend. Cory Gunter also a graduate from Montgomery Central earned a save in his first appearance as a Austin Peay State governor last week and Justin Bryant another Montgomery Central graduate is in the starting rotation for UT-Martin. There are alot of great high school programs in Middle Tennessee and Montgomery Central is one of them