Coaching Changes

Slash2049

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of two major coaching changes in Memphis in the past week.

Hugh Freeze (BRIARCREST)- will be joining Ole Miss's staff.

Tom NeSmith (BOLTON)- will become the new head coach at Central.

825581235[/snapback]

WHY?!?!

I mean seriously, what in the world? What does Central offer him that Bolton doesn't? You know me, I'm a Bartlett guy so I don't mind the best thing that ever happened to Bolton football leaving, but I simply don't see why he would make this move. Sure, the pay is a little higher in the city, but he's walking into a situation with less numbers, less support -- MUCH less support, awful facilities, and really, not a whole lot of talent.

Actually, Tom loves to rebuild programs. That's why he took the Bolton job in the first place, to rebuild it after 6 years of mediocracy (if that). He lives in the Central district, and is looking forward to the chance to invigorate the program with some of the swagger that jump started Bolton's rise 4 years ago.

Also, Doc Carruthers, Bolton's long time principal and a strong supporter of NeSmith will retire after this year to.

No news on who the new Bolton coach will be yet, but it will be interesting to see who takes the lead of this team now.

Actually, Tom loves to rebuild programs.  That's why he took the Bolton job in the first place, to rebuild it after 6 years of mediocracy (if that).  He lives in the Central district, and is looking forward to the chance to invigorate the program with some of the swagger that jump started Bolton's rise 4 years ago.

Also, Doc Carruthers, Bolton's long time principal and a strong supporter of NeSmith will retire after this year to.

No news on who the new Bolton coach will be yet, but it will be interesting to see who takes the lead of this team now.

825583511[/snapback]

Well, it sure like he does and Central would be worst team in 14-AAA so we'll see how long it takes him. I'll have to remember to ask Chad Stevens about the coach search if I see him this weekend at the Region Tournament.

Thanks for the info, Slash. I wasn't trying be down on Coach NeSmith it just came as such a shock since he had just really got Bolton rolling.

Edited by Pantherbert

Well, it sure like he does and Central would be worst team in 14-AAA so we'll see how long it takes him. I'll have to remember to ask Chad Stevens about the coach search if I see him this weekend at the Region Tournament.

Thanks for the info, Slash. I wasn't trying be down on Coach NeSmith it just came as such a shock since he had just really got Bolton rolling.

825584623[/snapback]

Psst...7-5A...but still. :D

Glad to head Coach NeSmith is doing what he wants to be doing, but I wouldn't want to leave what he has at Bolton.

(I feel dirty saying that. ;):D )