District 3 AAA

redupset

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aight well I do beleive you are very wrong with your statement lovinthe3ball, because we didnt come in second we actually were first with powell, to be honest with ya, you all just got the #1 seed in the tourney which you all blew that whole thing and like statement said the tournament is all that counts ..........

Catapano is a stud and has been as long as Ive played with him but any idiot knows no team is made or broken by one player. Any idiot minus james. In response to Powells winning the district last year it was a co-champion year. Both Karns and Powell had the same records and split the title. Karns has taken the title the last two years and if Powell is so concerned about Karns commin in second they might want to consider they shared the title in reg season then finished 3rd in the tourney, still second to karns. Dont boast untill u know the story.

Catapano is a stud and has been as long as Ive played with him but any idiot knows no team is made or broken by one player. Any idiot minus james. In response to Powells winning the district last year it was a co-champion year. Both Karns and Powell had the same records and split the title. Karns has taken the title the last two years and if Powell is so concerned about Karns commin in second they might want to consider they shared the title in reg season then finished 3rd in the tourney, still second to karns. Dont boast untill u know the story.

825600087[/snapback]

And the Red Sox would've won the series last year without Kurt Shieling(sp). I think my point with the Sox will talk for itself. I think you should think before you speak. And my point wasn't that farragut wouldn't win without Catapano. I met Rob when he first came to Knoxville when he was 12 I think. My little brother played with him that year and then practically quit baseball after that season(not b/c of Rob before you jump to that idiotic conclusion). Anyway, he(Rob) was dominant then and still is. And no, I'm not the idiot you seem to think I am because I think one player can make or break a team should they lose that player. Look at the Lakers in basketball if you want. They don't have the shaq daddy and they sure aren't that good compared to how there were now are they? Shaq's in Miami and how do they look? So, one player can greatly affect a team no matter the sport. Now, do you still think I'm an idiot?

Nada02 great post about those karns players, I guess your completely wrong about some things. That lefty throwin 55 has already shut down bearden and maryville, the catcher that cant get off his feet graduated early, WRONG AGAIN! and Dana Mayes not hitting the ball all year last year I do beleive I watched him in both games hit the ball very well and at karns knocked in 3 runs and made your ALL KIL 2nd baseman look like crap in the field that game, he sure didnt hit the ball well most of the year but he tore powell up, you need to get your facts straight bud.

Is that right Larryboy, how did he make all kil 2nd baseman look bad from Powell. I guess that was a smart move by the catcher graduating early and sorry about the pitching mistake i guess he got a few more mph over the summer. Was that the Bearden and Maryville JV team or varsity. lol Lets see if he can shut out Halls though.

Ohh yeah that was the Maryville and Bearden Varsity, as I remember I did see your all KIL Second baseman out there cryin and poutin after he made bout 3 errors in a row, and the karns second baseman was makin every single play. Plumlee wasnt even that great, he was an average pitcher with a STRAIGHT fastball that anyone could hit and no curveball at all......... also that pitcher that throws 55mph will shut out powell for sure......

Ohh yeah that was the Maryville and Bearden Varsity, as I remember I did see your all KIL Second baseman out there cryin and poutin after he made bout 3 errors in a row, and the karns second baseman was makin every single play. Plumlee wasnt even that great, he was an average pitcher with a STRAIGHT fastball that anyone could hit and no curveball at all......... also that pitcher that throws 55mph will shut out powell for sure......

825601757[/snapback]

He might have been a fast ball pitcher but you didnt seem to hit that fast ball very well until the district touney. Oh yeah and i guess his fast ball was good enough to land his a spot a UT. Im sure he could shut Powell down this year but not last year huh

And the Red Sox would've won the series last year without Kurt Shieling(sp).  I think my point with the Sox will talk for itself.  I think you should think before you speak.  And my point wasn't that farragut wouldn't win without Catapano.  I met Rob when he first came to Knoxville when he was 12 I think.  My little brother played with him that year and then practically quit baseball after that season(not b/c of Rob before you jump to that idiotic conclusion).  Anyway, he(Rob) was dominant then and still is.  And no, I'm not the idiot you seem to think I am because I think one player can make or break a team should they lose that player.  Look at the Lakers in basketball if you want.  They don't have the shaq daddy and they sure aren't that good compared to how there were now are they?  Shaq's in Miami and how do they look?  So, one player can greatly affect a team no matter the sport.  Now, do you still think I'm an idiot?

825600152[/snapback]

well since you are really smart and as you said it... we probably wouldnt have won state twice or maybe even any games the last two years without him... it probably would have been like 0-97 record or something... people that play for farragut realize that they are PART of a team and it takes everyone to win.... i know that isnt how it is at some schools though and i am sure your way is the best way... i mean farragut did lose three games in two years...

Some teams wouldn't be able to stand the loss of their "stud". Farragut has been deep enough to handle it.

Two years ago they didn't have McKenry for a period of time and they lost Isom for the season - Scott Dean, Riley Jennings and others stepped in and the team did fine.

Last year Delmonico was on the shelf. Jennings plays short and the team continued to win.

I'm sure Coach Pharr is planning on riding Catapano this year. However, he's not the only pitcher on the team and in the past few years Farragut has scored enough runs that it wouldn't have mattered who pitched.

Instead of winning 10-0, they'll win 8-2. It's still a "W".