Region 4 Bracket...

gatorbait

in my opinion, siegel and columbia win, maybe not easily but win. oakland more than likely wins although coffee can present problems if they play well. that is always a big question with them. they played extremely well in their upset over franklin co and the consolation game, but not very well in the semis against shelbyville. lebanon and shelbyville as the closest and toughest to call, but i think shelbyville can win this one at home. i can see both districts having 2 wins, but 7-aaa could take 3. they won't take 4 and district 8-aaa won't take more than 2.

825587970[/snapback]

ill say this much: dont underestimate riverdale.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think anyone should be underestimated at this point. riverdale has always had athletes and if they put it together on any given night are very capable. i don't think anyone wins any game easily, they all look to be tough matchups unless someone has an off night.

825588019[/snapback]

there will be some games that are better than others, but i dont think they will be all close. Siegel and Oakland both could both cruise both teams can maintain the level of intensity that they showed friday night. Columbia-Riverdale is a defining game for Coach Burks, Riverdale did the same thing last year, won the 1st round of the district and lost their last 2. Burks hasnt done well in the big games, but if riverdale can pull off the upset, i think Burks gets the proverbial monkey off his back

i can see both districts having 2 wins, but 7-aaa could take 3. they won't take 4 and district 8-aaa won't take more than 2.

825587970[/snapback]

I agree. I say top-seeded Columbia wins their game at home, and one of the other three pulls one out. Most likely Shelbyville, also at home. But Oakland shouldn't count out streaky Coffee, and I'm still holding my breath to see if Siegel's inconsistency catches up with them in the tournament at some point......

So I say District 8 can take two, maybe just the one, but there won't be a sweep.

I realize that District 7 has beaten teams that maybe no one thought they could. But I also think that you've realized that there are very good teams outside of District 7 too that maybe you didn't necessarily give credit to right off the bat. The Hunter's Lane/Oakland game comes to mind. Lots of talk from the Oakland fans on here prior to the game about how they felt Oakland would match up well with HL, how strong District 7 was, and how Oakland plays against such tough competition all the time anyway. And I think we all saw what happened in that game......

Now I'm not comparing Columbia to Hunter's Lane, or saying that they're just as good. But Columbia is a very good team, and I feel very confident in the Lions beating Riverdale at home. And I can't wait until the Columbia/Oakland rematch......

And this is me just expressing my confidence in Columbia.

I realize that District 7 has beaten teams that maybe no one thought they could.  But I also think that you've realized that there are very good teams outside of District 7 too that maybe you didn't necessarily give credit to right off the bat.  The Hunter's Lane/Oakland game comes to mind.  Lots of talk from the Oakland fans on here prior to the game about how they felt Oakland would match up well with HL, how strong District 7 was, and how Oakland plays against such tough competition all the time anyway.  And I think we all saw what happened in that game......

Now I'm not comparing Columbia to Hunter's Lane, or saying that they're just as good.  But Columbia is a very good team, and I feel very confident in the Lions beating Riverdale at home.  And I can't wait until the Columbia/Oakland rematch...... 

And this is me just expressing my confidence in Columbia.

825588215[/snapback]

i was the only oakland fan that felt we matched up well with hunters lane, so i shoulder the blame for that one and no one else. But if your recall, i stated that i felt Oakland would matchup well if they could play at a slow tempo. i can only think of a few teams in the entire midstate that can beat hunters lane, i sorely underestimated their scoring prowess.

As evident by last night, If Oakland plays a controlled half-court tempo they are tough to beat.

Edited by OaklandGrad

I think Bradley's loss last night makes this a very interesting bracket when it comes to the sub-state. I used to have Bradley pretty much chalked in as going to state (assuming they won their region), because the loser of Region 4's championship would have had the tough task of going on the road and beating the Bears at home. Now, I like Region 4's chances of sending two teams to state now, because I believe everyone left in Region 3 is very beatable.

So, if there are two teams, who does everyone think they'll be?

I'll go with Siegel and Columbia. Siegel has drawn the easier side of the region bracket and probably won't be seriously tested until the championship. I'll go with Columbia to fight their way through the bottom half of the bracket.

Look for both the Lions and the Stars in the state tournament......

I think Bradley's loss last night makes this a very interesting bracket when it comes to the sub-state.  I used to have Bradley pretty much chalked in as going to state (assuming they won their region), because the loser of Region 4's championship would have had the tough task of going on the road and beating the Bears at home.  Now, I like Region 4's chances of sending two teams to state now, because I believe everyone left in Region 3 is very beatable.

So, if there are two teams, who does everyone think they'll be?

I'll go with Siegel and Columbia.  Siegel has drawn the easier side of the region bracket and probably won't be seriously tested until the championship.  I'll go with Columbia to fight their way through the bottom half of the bracket.

Look for both the Lions and the Stars in the state tournament......

825593409[/snapback]

very much agree with part of your post. not since the early to late 90's has region 4 has as good of a chance to send 2 teams to state as this year with Bradley being put out early. I think your right in your assesment that Siegel should be able to make it to the finals but should be tested in the semis if they draw Lebanon once again. I do think the Columbia-Oakland winner will make state as well(assuming both teams win their games tonight) but at this point, that game is just simply too close too call. Has Columbia's starting lineup changed any since Oakland played them?

Edited by OaklandGrad