MUS vs MBA scrimmage

laxdaddy

I heard MUS smoked MBA today at their scrimage... now i dont know how many people MBA or MUS was sitting but still I heard MUS looked good... anyone else hear anything about it

825587902[/snapback]

Of course, I wasn't there, but I can't say I'm surprised. You know that superior teams do normally win these sporting events...

I would ask how the other games went, but who else did the Buzzards play, Houston? Whatever. I guess this spanking will give the Big Red something to try and improve on this year. Maybe they can take out all their frustration on McCallie before the Owls put them in their place again...

See you in Summer League,

Kappy

Of course, I wasn't there, but I can't say I'm surprised.  You know that superior teams do normally win these sporting events...

I would ask how the other games went, but who else did the Buzzards play, Houston?  Whatever.  I guess this spanking will give the Big Red something to try and improve on this year.  Maybe they can take out all their frustration on McCallie before the Owls put them in their place again...

See you in Summer League,

Kappy

825587976[/snapback]

Oh yeah well you know what i heard. I heard that MBA played bad on purpose to make MUS feel good about themselves, because they are going to get their heads ripped off later this season, and MBA didnt want to make them feel bad all year, they wanted to let them feel good about themselves at least for a little while. I also heard that one of the MUS players yelled "BOOYA GIBBY," when gibson scored a goal. Leme tell ya, that is cool.

Peace, Love and Crabs

Edited by themadhatter

Oh yeah well you know what i heard. I heard that MBA played bad on purpose to make MUS feel good about themselves, because they are going to get their heads ripped off later this season, and MBA didnt want to make them feel bad all year, they wanted to let them feel good about themselves at least for a little while. I also heard that one of the MUS players yelled "BOOYA GIBBY," when gibson scored a goal. Leme tell ya, that is cool.

Peace, Love and Crabs

825590604[/snapback]

Y'know that's actually a really good strategy... We tried it first though, back in 2003.

Remember that year? MBA was undefeated, none of their games were even close, they destroyed MUS in the regular season. And besides all that, the state championship was at MBA. In front of a home crowd, with all those graduating seniors hungry for just one championship, how could they lose? Especially after coming so close to winning all those other years.

Yeah, everybody from MUS got together before the first MBA game and decided to ease up a little, give MBA a reason to be a little over-confident. The plan worked pretty well, didn't it? Sorry about all the deception. I know it was kind of under-handed to pull that one on y'all, but you're over it now, right?

If you believe that one, I've got a bridge to sell you,

Kappy

MUS pulled majority of there varsity well before the end of first half. Neither team played necessarily to the best of there ability the whole time, after all, it was a scrimmage with intent of assigning players to positions. However, both teams had players missing, both teams (i believe) started with the assumed starting line up, and the score hit 12-2 MUS before players started changing out and Burns was pulled.

You can have your excuses, but most people call that an tail-whoopin. nobody wants to lose like that. And if you think that that was MBA tryin to pull a quick one on MUS, we ran nothing but basic lacrosse, with o and d plays you'd see in a junior high game. They saw nothin special. Whats more, either all the MBA players are really good actors, or they were really getting frustrated.

Either way, there is no doubt that MBA vs. MUS in the real season will be quite a game. I look forward to it.

Hey kappy youre a snide little arrogant primadona. If I recall MUS was putting together a good season in 2002, destroying MBA 10-1 or something like that and then we beat you in the semifinals. That was the year you all were supposed to run away with the state championship. And to add injury to insult, you lost to USN the very next day. How easy it is to forget the bad.

Hey kappy youre a snide little arrogant primadona. If I recall MUS was putting together a good season in 2002, destroying MBA 10-1 or something like that and then we beat you in the semifinals. That was the year you all were supposed to run away with the state championship. And to add injury to insult, you lost to USN the very next day. How easy it is to forget the bad.

825601249[/snapback]

Me? A prima donna? That's Italian, you know, and I really don't think any of my family stemmed off the Mediterranean boot, if you get my drift. But excellent job discerning the tone of my previous posts. You cut right to the core of my argument. In case you were wondering about 2002, its a little known fact that the real MUS team's bus broke down on the way to Chattanooga that year, and, as we later found out, Coach Kemp fielded a composite McCallie JV/ middle-school team in our place. We were grateful for the thought, if not the actual execution.

To go through the rest of my adjectives (on a side note, does this mean I now have an epithet, not in the now-popular sense of a contemptuous marker, but in the more classical sense of a adjective or phrase that describes, and serves as a second name for, characters in Latin and greek writing. I guess swift-footed Achilles or pius Aeneas [on a real tangent now, but the pius is not misspelled, it is actually a Latin word that rather defies a modern English definition. A good approximation is dutiful] but I really don't think BamafaninTN qualifies as a Homer or Vergil. But he probably does know a little about magic wands. And if you understood that reference, give yourself a gold star.) I really don't think little describes me in any way. I could insert some tasteless "Your mother would know what I mean" joke here, but, honestly, we're both a little too old for that.

Snide and Arrogant? Well, what do you think now?

As always, with Love, your humbled misanthrope,

Kappy