hs sports fan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Mar 1 2005 - 09:56 AM']Before you mention riverdale's number of losses you need to look who they are to: oakland( a team columbia lost to) twice, wilson central twice, siegel twice, beech( a team columbia lost to), gallatin(a team columbia lost to) twice lebanon 3 times and blackman once. With the exception of blackman, all of these teams are still playing and have the chance of making a deep run into the boro. There is no doubt in my mind that Riverdale has played one of the toughest schedules around. With that said, you just arent gonna see district 7-aaa folks go against one of their own, especially during this time of year, whether they are a heavy underdog or not, so i would get used to it. Having seen both teams this year, i think Kevin Smith provides a big matchup problem for columbia

Thanks for the backup there Oaklandgrad, good luck to Oakland tonight also, and lets hope for a 7AAA sweep.

thumb

Riverdale has had some problems guarding speed( but that could be said about every team in district 7-aaa) They dont struggle as much with speed as some people say they are. They play with a lot of energy, but do tend to give up a lot of points, but they score a lot of points too. Riverdale's glaring weakness is in their ballhandling skills and their ineffiency at the free throw line

825593476[/snapback]

I disagree with the whole speed factor but FT's have been the Warriors struggles all season. They would have played for the district championship if they would have been able to hit FT's against Oakland. They lost by 2 and were 11-23 from the charity stripe, thats 12 misses, if they make 3 more, they win, and still would have barley shot over 50%. The week before they were 17-43 against Gallatin. They have good shooters but there seems to be a lid on the rim when they step to the line. But tonight their luck changes and FT's carry the Warriors to the win and a rematch with Oakland thumb

B/c I know their game plan for tonight and I know Coach Turnham (from Blackman, and last year he coached at Franklin Co. which played Columbia) has helped Burks out with a good game plan and i think Coach King has helped him ou too. As has Burks helped King game plan for Coffee. I know Riverdale is the underdog but hey if Red Bank can beat Bradley by 20 then Riverdale can beat Columbia.

B/c I know their game plan for tonight and I know Coach Turnham (from Blackman, and last year he coached at <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> which played Columbia) has helped Burks out with a good game plan and i think Coach King has helped him ou too. As has Burks helped King game plan for Coffee. I know Riverdale is the underdog but hey if Red Bank can beat Bradley by 20 then Riverdale can beat Columbia.

825593909[/snapback]

gotta love it, boro coaches coming together for the common good. Columbia is going to have major problems if Marable is still starting down low. That man made Matt Joines look like a superstar, he is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww

Edited by OaklandGrad

I also want to add that Riverdale is 4-0 vs 8aaa this year.

VS Tullahomas

Columbia: 61-58, 71-46

Riverdale: 62-54 (w/o Hartsfield and Thomas), 73-55

VS Coffee Co.

Columbia: 62-56, 59-39

Riverdale: 63-51, 61-32

Those are the 2 common opponents that Riverdale and Columbia have against teams they have both played twice. It shows opponent and scores of both games, looks like Riverdale has done just as good if not better. Just thought i would post that so people could see.

I also want to add that Riverdale is 4-0 vs 8aaa this year.

VS Tullahomas

Columbia: 61-58, 71-46

Riverdale: 62-54 (w/o Hartsfield and Thomas), 73-55

VS Coffee Co.

Columbia: 62-56, 59-39

Riverdale: 63-51, 61-32

Those are the 2 common opponents that Riverdale and Columbia have against teams they have both played twice. It shows opponent and scores of both games, looks like Riverdale has done just as good if not better. Just thought i would post that so people could see.

825593972[/snapback]

You forgot the common opponent Beech. Riverdale lost to them by 19. Columbia lost by 9. :o