hs sports fan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Mar 1 2005 - 01:07 PM']dont know why that would be reason to smile about since a loss is a loss no matter how ya slice it.

825593993[/snapback]

If we're comparing scores, then it seems like a single digit loss to a quality opponent looks a little better than an almost 20-point blowout. But it doesn't matter. I don't know why we're comparing scores in the first place. The game will be decided between COLUMBIA and RIVERDALE tonight. Not anyone else. I think it's been shown that these two teams can play on the same level. I'll give the edge to the home-team Lions though who have momentum on their side and have played consistently tough all year.

If we're comparing scores, then it seems like a single digit loss to a quality opponent looks a little better than an almost 20-point blowout.  But it doesn't matter.  I don't know why we're comparing scores in the first place.  The game will be decided between COLUMBIA and RIVERDALE tonight.  Not anyone else.  I think it's been shown that these two teams can play on the same level.  I'll give the edge to the home-team Lions though who have momentum on their side and have played consistently tough all year.

825594020[/snapback]

and you dont know how beech got that 19 point margin of victory, maybe riverdale had to start fouling and beech was making all their shots. Leading up to this year, columbia have been screaming foul of graves lack of abilities as a head coach. Both teams are evenly matched, i think this come down to coaching, advantage riverdale(did i really say that, riverdale has an advantage in coaching? my oh my :o )

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Mar 1 2005 - 02:24 PM']and you dont know how beech got that 19 point margin of victory, maybe riverdale had to start fouling and beech was making all their shots. Leading up to this year, columbia have been screaming foul of graves lack of abilities as a head coach. Both teams are evenly matched, i think this come down to coaching, advantage riverdale(did i really say that, riverdale has an advantage in coaching? my oh my :o )

825594036[/snapback]

If you recall they played beech in the beech tournament. That was the tournament that Andrew Barrett and Preston Smith got suspended and Kit Hartsfield had the flu. If you compare the Oakland games......Columbia lost by 5 to Oakland, Riverdale has lost to the twice by a COMBINED score of 5 and have also beat them once, but you are right, the game tonight will be settled on the court. GO RIVERDALE and 7AAA.

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Mar 1 2005 - 01:24 PM']and you dont know how beech got that 19 point margin of victory, maybe riverdale had to start fouling and beech was making all their shots. Leading up to this year, columbia have been screaming foul of graves lack of abilities as a head coach. Both teams are evenly matched, i think this come down to coaching, advantage riverdale(did i really say that, riverdale has an advantage in coaching? my oh my :o )

825594036[/snapback]

???? Well since this is Graves' only second year as coach, I guess "leading up to this year" was just last year. And you're right. I think it took him a year to get adjusted to basketball on the high school level. It's a different story, coaching high schoolers than any other level. But I think he surprised a lot this year. He obviously made all the necessary adjustments. They have pretty much the same players as last year, and look at the improvement. Coach Graves has had the boys ready to play every game. Not a single double-digit loss all year, and 14-0 in the district. There were no letdowns or collapses to inferior teams, and even against the better teams, Columbia was in it the entire game. Maybe this had a little to do with.......coaching? And Graves was Coach of the Year of District 8. If you're right, and this game comes down to coaching, then give me Coach Graves, the man who has had these boys ready every night and the Coach of the Year.

????  Well since this is Graves' only second year as coach, I guess "leading up to this year" was just last year.  And you're right.  I think it took him a year to get adjusted to basketball on the high school level.  It's a different story, coaching high schoolers than any other level.  But I think he surprised a lot this year.  He obviously made all the necessary adjustments.  They have pretty much the same players as last year, and look at the improvement.  Coach Graves has had the boys ready to play every game.  Not a single double-digit loss all year, and 14-0 in the district.  There were no letdowns or collapses to inferior teams, and even against the better teams, Columbia was in it the entire game.  Maybe this had a little to do with.......coaching?  And Graves was Coach of the Year of District 8.  If you're right, and this game comes down to coaching, then give me Coach Graves, the man who has had these boys ready every night and the Coach of the Year.

825594066[/snapback]

dont know if going 14-0 in district 8-aaa is saying too much this season, district 7-aaa prolly has 2 or 3 teams that could have went 14-0 in that league

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Mar 1 2005 - 01:37 PM']dont know if going 14-0 in district 8-aaa is saying too much this season, district 7-aaa prolly has 2 or 3 teams that could have went 14-0 in that league

825594075[/snapback]

"Could have", "would have", "but if". Well, we don't know, do we? You could sit there and say all 8 of your District 8 teams could have gone undefeated in District 7. But that doesn't make it any more true. The fact is, Columbia DID go 14-0, and even though District 8 is not a superbly strong district, they came to play every night and got the job done. And that was my point. There were no letdowns or games where they didn't show up. And Columbia's consistency is what I like going into the tournament.