Giles Co/Cheatham Co

afan1222

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Cheatham County Cubs for a good season. There is no shame in being beaten by a team like Giles Co. - hold your heads up and be proud of your accomplishments as a team this year. You played with heart and did things that haven't been done by the Cubs teams in years. We are very proud of you!

Best of luck to all 8 seniors- may you go far in life!

Well, considering Giles County has PASTED Lewis County 3 times this season, and Waverly DID lose to Lewis County, maybe our talk is warranted?

825593806[/snapback]

The loss to Lewis was a fluke. Waverly trashed them by 30 earlier in the year. Waverly is gonna put up a fight thurs as long as they take care of business tomm night

Honestly i would like to see waverly and giles co. play, it would test both teams. if both teams bring their a game then it should be a tough game. also if giles stop ricco, and waverly stops smith then it should be really close.

Congradulations giles on defeatin cheatham, hopefully we'll see ya soon.

Go TIGERS!! thumb

825592994[/snapback]

I'm not a GC fan... I do, however, love how tyler has improved his game over the past year... If both teams are "at their best"... Waverly loses by 15-20... They can only hope to be at their best and Giles at their worst... Tyler won't be stopped... So u may want to work harder on containing him.. Cheatham did a very good job at holding him to 18 points.... I feel sorry for teams the rest of the tournament... I have a feeling some kids are going to get lit up.... Including ralston and the rest of waverly... I'm sorry but Waverly's star and GC's star aren't even comparable....

I'm not a GC fan...  I do, however, love how tyler has improved his game over the past year...  If both teams are "at their best"...  Waverly loses by 15-20...  They can only hope to be at their best and Giles at their worst...  Tyler won't be stopped...  So u may want to work harder on containing him..  Cheatham did a very good job at holding him to 18 points....  I feel sorry for teams the rest of the tournament...  I have a feeling some kids are going to get lit up....  Including ralston and the rest of waverly...  I'm sorry but Waverly's star and GC's star aren't even comparable....

825594191[/snapback]

IF U LOOK AT TYLER SOMETIMES HE DON'T EVEN PLAY HARD! TYLER PUTS OUT ATLEAST 5 ASSITS A GAME/ HE IS NOT THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE TEAM! THEY HAVE THIS ONE DUDE THAT CAN SHOOT WITH THE BEST OF THEM NAME ZACH ROBERTS! AND TRICE WOULD NOT BE CONTAINED IF HE PLAY WITH A LITTLE MORE HEART! THE WHOLE GILES COUNTY TEAM IS GOOD, BUT THEY NEED TO PLAY LIKE THEIR LIFE IS ON IT!

Guest catfish-hunter
I'm not a GC fan...  I do, however, love how tyler has improved his game over the past year...  If both teams are "at their best"...  Waverly loses by 15-20...  They can only hope to be at their best and Giles at their worst...  Tyler won't be stopped...  So u may want to work harder on containing him..  Cheatham did a very good job at holding him to 18 points....  I feel sorry for teams the rest of the tournament...  I have a feeling some kids are going to get lit up....  Including ralston and the rest of waverly...  I'm sorry but Waverly's star and GC's star aren't even comparable....

825594191[/snapback]

That's it folks, I am tired of reading this NONSENSE!!!

Giles County is a beatable basketball team. They beat Lewis County and Cheatham by 30, WOW!!! Waverly beat Lewis County by 30 in a game this year. Sycamore beat Cheatham by nearly 30 just this past Friday night and they sat the starters in the 4th. What does all of this mean??? NOTHING!!!

If you want to compare scores to compare yourself to another team, then you may be in for a RUDE AWAKENING. Cheatham and Waverly played in two of the most exciting basketball games of the year. Does that mean that the Cubs are as good as Waverly??? YEAH RIGHT :lol: Giles County should win this tourney if they play like they did in the second half of last night's game. They won't do that however because they are not very disciplined. You can be loaded with talent out the ying-yang and beat all of these retarded schools by 30, but that still doesn't mean that you are disciplined. In my opinion, Holt is still an awful coach. Tyler Smith and Channing Coffey are two exceptional basketball players, but who after that steps up on a consistent basis. Zach Holt, Darrin Holt, Deron Garrett, and Tryce Nelson are not the guys like Shay Shannon, Justin Morris, Kash Givens, Eric Howard, Wes Carter, Travis Gentry, etc. Those guys always gave Giles County solid minutes everynight. This year's "role players" are not the type of players Giles County can depend on to take them to the 'Boro.

Welcome to a tourney atmosphere now Giles County!!! Your team is awesome, but Waverly, Harpeth, and Sycamore are not the likes of Loretto, Marshall County, and Fairview. Heck folks, they aren't even Lewis County and Page. You will see that for yourselves in about three hours when Sycamore rolls Lewis County. thumb

That's it folks, I am tired of reading this NONSENSE!!! 

Giles County is a beatable basketball team.  They beat Lewis County and Cheatham by 30, WOW!!!  Waverly beat Lewis County by 30 in a game this year.  Sycamore beat Cheatham by nearly 30 just this past Friday night and they sat the starters in the 4th.  What does all of this mean???  NOTHING!!! 

If you want to compare scores to compare yourself to another team, then you may be in for a RUDE AWAKENING.  Cheatham and Waverly played in two of the most exciting basketball games of the year.  Does that mean that the Cubs are as good as Waverly???  YEAH RIGHT :lol:  Giles County should win this tourney if they play like they did in the second half of last night's game.  They won't do that however because they are not very disciplined.  You can be loaded with talent out the ying-yang and beat all of these retarded schools by 30, but that still doesn't mean that you are disciplined.  In my opinion, Holt is still an awful coach.  Tyler Smith and Channing Coffey are two exceptional basketball players, but who after that steps up on a consistent basis.  Zach Holt, Darrin Holt, Deron Garrett, and Tryce Nelson are not the guys like Shay Shannon, Justin Morris, Kash Givens, Eric Howard, Wes Carter, Travis Gentry, etc.  Those guys always gave Giles County solid minutes everynight.  This year's "role players" are not the type of players Giles County can depend on to take them to the 'Boro. 

Welcome to a tourney atmosphere now Giles County!!!  Your team is awesome, but Waverly, Harpeth, and Sycamore are not the likes of Loretto, Marshall County, and Fairview.  Heck folks, they aren't even Lewis County and Page.  You will see that for yourselves in about three hours when Sycamore rolls Lewis County.  thumb

825594229[/snapback]

Now thats funny right there...I don't care who you are. Giles County rolls everyone in this tournament by 20+...including the almight 10AA powerhouse...Waverly. Can someone ask Ricco to get a picture of Tyler's shoe soles when he flys over him on Thursday night. I hope Holt leaves his starters in the entire game against Waverly no matter how bad the score gets, just to show Catfish and all of the other 10AA fans how Giles County rolls. Catfish...why don't you pick a side and stay with it. On every other thread after the 2nd Giles County vs. Brentwood game you were polishing the hardware under Tyler Smiths jock strap. You couldn't say enough about him and this Giles County team. You said that no one will challenge them until sub-state...now you are on here talking about how awesome Waverly is. Make up your mind already.

Guest catfish-hunter
Now thats funny right there...I don't care who you are.  Giles County rolls everyone in this tournament by 20+...including the almight 10AA powerhouse...Waverly.  Can someone ask Ricco to get a picture of Tyler's shoe soles when he flys over him on Thursday night.  I hope Holt leaves his starters in the entire game against Waverly no matter how bad the score gets, just to show Catfish and all of the other 10AA fans how Giles County rolls.  Catfish...why don't you pick a side and stay with it.  On every other thread after the 2nd Giles County vs. Brentwood game you were polishing the hardware under Tyler Smiths jock strap.  You couldn't say enough about him and this Giles County team.  You said that no one will challenge them until sub-state...now you are on here talking about how awesome Waverly is.  Make up your mind already.

825594252[/snapback]

Are you RETARDED??? I don't recall saying that Waverly would beat Giles County. If you can find that anywhere in my post, then please feel free to do so. I did say that all of you folks out there comparing scores are wrong. Comparing scores against common opponents is a bad thing to do. Certain matchups within games cause scores, not team vs team matchups. Of course I don't have to tell you that now do I GCfan79!!! After all, you are so smart at picking basketball games and I know so little. Giles County is BEATABLE!!! I never said that they would be beaten by Waverly, Sycamore, OR Harpeth. Read the posts before you get on here and start shooting off at the mouth about something that was never said. If you've got an issue further than that GCfan79, then I'd suggest that you take it up with me personally tomorrow night in Franklin. thumb

GC is can be beat. I am a GC fan. We are not disciplined. It showed in the Columbia Central game. We had no business loosing the game. We did not play D. When we missed a shot we were terrible about getting back. Our other Achilles hill is our schedule. Fact is that we destroy everyone in our district. This means our starters do not play the whole game. They are not conditioned to play the whole game due to this fact. We lost the Wilson Central game because Channing and Tyler did not have the legs to shoot foul shots in the fourth quarter. In a close game Coach will ride his strong horsed until the fall over. Combine these two facts and look at the BA games that is why we lost there. We have been beaten by teams all year with less total talent than GC. Our sophomores have not developed into offensive players. Deron Garrett and C.K. (coaches kid) have become pretty good defenders. There are only two real threats to score. A well coached well disciplined team with far less talent than Giles can defeated them. I do believe we will win this tournament but we stand a good shot at getting put out in Sub state. If not we are DONE in the first round with Raleigh-Egypt. I enjoyed watching Tyler four year and Channing for three. We as a fan base do not need to be talking smack because it will not be long until we are soundly defeated by one of two good teams Humboldt or Raleigh-Egypt will get us. :lol: