Shelbyville vs. Columbia

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Regardless of the outcome of the game tonight, Columbia should win, they have better athletes and more experienced talent but Coach Insell probably did the best job of his coaching career this year.  To take what he has to this point in the season, 20-11, and still even have a shot at making it to the state is nothing short of a miracle.  This will blow your mind:  He actually deserved Coach of the Year for the District.  Columbia and Lincoln Co. have very good teams but they have the horses, he is still in the race without the horses.  How did that happen?  Coaching, getting far more out of what he had than was there.  I don't make these statements to take anything away from either of those two coahes, they have done a great job but they had talent, athletes and experience.  Shelbyville had very little of any of those necessary requirements to win.  thumb

825597326[/snapback]

AMEN, Flemtone!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on dreaming "basketballfan2003" and when you wake up you will find a nice shinning quarter under your pillow that the tooth fairy left you as well.

Columbia Rolls onto the Championship Game against Oakland.

825593735[/snapback]

I don't believe in the tooth fairy, but I do believe in the exceptionally thorough years of arduous work Coach Insell has invested into the Shelbyville program. Hard work always pays off and it did tonight as well.

Congrats to Columbia on winning the district tournament and good luck to the Eaglettes tomorrow night!

Whoooooodoyouthinksgonnabeatthatteam?

Keep on dreaming "basketballfan2003" and when you wake up you will find a nice shinning quarter under your pillow that the tooth fairy left you as well.

Columbia Rolls onto the Championship Game against Oakland.

825593735[/snapback]

You know I had this dream last night that Shelbyville beat Columbia in the Region semi finals. Oh, I am sorry. That was reality. Oh, by the way I also found a nice shiny quarter under the pillow. I am gonna throw it into a fountain and and see if my next wish comes true...winning the region and sub state so we can play MJ in the first round of state. One thing you will not see see during Thursday's region finals is Coach Rick Insell throwing the game so that he gets opposite of MJ in the state. First Oakland, then sub-state. I know many ppl that said Shelbyville would not even get out of the district. Well, they are in the Region Finals now and the teams that beat them (Columbia, Lincoln Co) are back at home getting ready for nex year.

You know I had this dream last night that Shelbyville beat Columbia in the Region semi finals. Oh, I am sorry. That was reality. Oh, by the way I also found a nice shiny quarter under the pillow. I am gonna throw it into a fountain and and see if my next wish comes true...winning the region and sub state so we can play MJ in the first round of state. One thing you will not see see during Thursday's region finals is Coach Rick Insell throwing the game so that he gets opposite of MJ in the state. First Oakland, then sub-state. I know many ppl that said Shelbyville would not even get out of the district. Well, they are in the Region Finals now and the teams that beat them (Columbia, Lincoln Co) are back at home getting ready for nex year.

825598433[/snapback]

what a gracious winner...*thumbs down*