Mt. Juliet VS Wilson Central

ballfan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Wilson Central is the greatest team ever!  They play in the Taj Mahal of gyms, have the best coaches, players, etc.  Cleaning out the ole cabinet for one of them gold balls, now that all the players are back.  If SW hadn't been hurt WC would have been number 2 in the nation.

825601210[/snapback]

Now let's not get carried away. A big win last night, no doubt. But ever?

I will admit, they looked like the better team last night. If a casual observer had been in the bleachers, he would have thought Central was the higher ranked team, not Mt. Juliet.

Would you believe I heard people in the stands calling Coach Fryer an idiot? I wanted to turn around and agree there was an idiot present but it wasn't Coach Fryer. How can people become so spoiled they believe they know more than an ultra successful coach like Chris Fryer?

It takes all kinds.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can believe it. It was probably the parent of a player on the bench. At MJ, you are only as good as your last game. His winning percentage is over .800. What more could you ask for? There are some really wonderful people and fans at Mount Juliet. It only takes a couple of idiots like that though to make your team get branded as "classless" (just ask Wilson Central). Fryer has done an excellent job and is not done yet. Good luck to both Chris AND Bud (and his daddy too). As for Coach Simms, you are my favorite back row church man. See you Sunday.

C'mon Bigchief...out of the thousand or more fans who were there it "was probably the parent of a player on the bench". Huh? Let's count, that boils it down to 14 people who have been through thick and (well thin doesn't really apply). To be more accurate, it was probably one of the 500 or so fans who have been showing up the last few games who don't normally come. You know, the ones who aren't sure which player is which but have started to come because the girls have been grabbing some headlines. Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier. This team will do fine and I fully expect them to win four in a row. Not all coaches at Mt. Juliet have difficulty with players who don't get on the court a whole lot...just a few. thumb

Edited by flngrvy

You know who the real loser of this is?

Hillsboro.  To go like 33-1 in a season and then win your region 6 game, only to have to play your substate elimination game against a team that was #2 in the nation that is going to be upset from losing to their rival 2 days before. 

Yea, Hillsboro your screwed.

825600801[/snapback]

The two best records in AAA basketball have to play a sectional game to goto State. The winner of this game has to be the favorite to win it all. Great Win WC.

omg what a game!

the reason we only scored 2 points in the 4th, was because we held the ball for a minute + every time we got the ball. i believe we would of won by more in regulation if we would of just kept playing ball. we were up 31-21 at one point. our student section was absolutely electrified. we were going crazy the entire game, specifically the 2nd half and OT. even the parents of both teams were big time getting into it. the last 3 minutes where everybody in the arena was yelling and on their feet was absolutely awesome to be a part of. i was, however, very dissapointed w/ the Mt. Juliet student section. there couldn't of been more than 30 students there, and they didn't even stand up for the 1st quarter. i can't believe that, ESPECIALLY considering the fact that their team was ranked #2 in the nation.

anyway, what a game. i can't wait to see Mt. Juliet again in state (and yes, we WILL see them in state for a 5th time this season.)

825600810[/snapback]

I got a question for u? Where were all the WC students for the games Central played against Northeast in the semifinals? I didn't see much support for the Lady Wildcats in that game. AND that was a HUGE GAME. Actually more important than the finals in my opinion because you lose in the semis you go home you lose in the finals you go on the road.

As for the MJ students I believe I saw more than 30 in that section. And I thought they were enthusiated and showed class in their support. At the end of the game when the Central students rushed onto the floor I saw ONE student look into the MJ crowd and holler an obscene statement. Does this show class? I mean celebrate your victory and show your team your proud of them and don't yell at the opponents supporters.

It was a great win for Central. I congratulate them.

As for fan support I'll take the Mt. Juliet fans any day of the week. They are loyal, have class and will follow their team anywhere.

I got a question for u?  Where were all the WC students for the games Central played against Northeast in the semifinals?  I didn't see much support for the Lady Wildcats in that game.  AND that was a HUGE GAME.  Actually more important than the finals in my opinion because you lose in the semis you go home you lose in the finals you go on the road.

As for the MJ students I believe I saw more than 30 in that section.  And I thought they were enthusiated and showed class in their support.  At the end of the game when the Central students rushed onto the floor I saw ONE student look into the MJ crowd and holler an obscene statement.  Does this show class?  I mean celebrate your victory and show your team your proud of them and don't yell at the opponents supporters.

It was a great win for Central.  I congratulate them. 

As for fan support I'll take the Mt. Juliet fans any day of the week.  They are loyal, have class and will follow their team anywhere.

825602397[/snapback]

if you really want to complain about class then lets trash all the student sections that yell "season's over!" or "nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye!" after a game.

There. Every single team that has won more than zero games can be identified as classless.

Some people have "jobs." They can't go to every single game. And awhile ago in another post you were talking about how it was hard to go to games at 4:15. I guess that only implies on Mt. Juliet and not other schools?

30 kids isn't that many. heck we had 20-30 kids show up in the games against Henry Co. and Clarksville NE. MTJ and WCHS is probably the biggest girls basketball rivalry at the moment in TN. We had a heckuva lot more than 30 kids show up Thursday night.

As far as taking your fans over ours, of course. Their loyal TO MJ, have class TO MJ, and will follow their team MJ anywhere. What a suprise you would being a MJ fan :lol:

I'm sorry MtJBears, but you have no argument whatsoever. I have to go with Wilson Central Dogg on this one. As far as the one student shouting obscene things to the crowd, every school has someone like that. It's something that happens all the time. Yeah, it's classless, but get over it. It's happened before and it'll happen many times again. I'm proud of my girls KO,Will,T cup,Gas,JJ, and Breezy. You always know where to find me! :lol:

MTJbears, cmon now. im not saying you have a bad fan base, im just saying it was for that game. it honestly was pathetic

now, the first game we played at mt. juliet, great props to yall, and also the other times we played yall. yall were out in full

but there is no way there were possibly over 40 students in the mt. juliet student section, and the fact that they were sitting down in the 1st quarter is what shocked me. i will admit that those who were there did start getting into it in the 2nd half.

Now Enigma...my hats off to Wilson Central but c'mon.  If Paige Mcfarlin's shot had gone in at the end of regulation, (it bounced around the rim), Mt. Juliet would have completed an 11 point turnaround in 5:30 mins on your home floor!  The record now stands at: 12 times played, MJ 10 wins, WC 2 wins.  Just a reality check.  Tierney is the difference maker, she's a great player and will be a Miss Basketball candidate in '07.  Don't get me wrong Sara is a good player too and she has made a difference.  See 'ya in the 'Boro!  thumb

825601267[/snapback]

we also let mt. juliet come back. we stopped playing basketball, and started playing keep away. we thought that they wouldn't be able to score on our defense enough, but they were able to in the 4th. if we would have just kept playing, we would have won in regulation (imo)

MTJbears, cmon now. im not saying you have a bad fan base, im just saying it was for that game. it honestly was pathetic

now, the first game we played at mt. juliet, great props to yall, and also the other times we played yall. yall were out in full

but there is no way there were possibly over 40 students in the mt. juliet student section, and the fact that they were sitting down in the 1st quarter is what shocked me. i will admit that those who were there did start getting into it in the 2nd half.

825602881[/snapback]

Well as I said its a possiblity the Lady Bears were overconfident after beating Central by 33 pts last week. Its possible the students felt like hey we've beat 'em 3 times by 6, 17, and 33 points why bother to get excited. I mean fans do get complacent when the competition doesn't show much resistance. The Central students on the other hand wanted revenge and came out in force and I salute them. However, the actions after the game showed a lack of class with the actions of some of them.

I would dare say this if there was a poll taken with those in attendance I would say there were more Mt. Juliet fans there than Central.