Alcoa Scrimage vs Lenior City

TNT

Alcoa scrimaged Lenior City at Lenior City 3-3-05. Alcoa 6 Lenior City 0. They played 6 ings.

Alcoa pitchers:

Hollifield-4IP-1 Hit- 0 BB-8 K's

Bach-2IP-0 Hits- 1 BB.

Sarah Vaghn hit a triple to right was the only hit given up by Alcoa pitchers. Alcoa looked O.K. for first scrimage. Alcoa plays in Heritage playday this weekend but will have 5 girls missing account of Church trip. Alcoa started 2 freshman and they looked good for their first High School game. Kaylee Garrett 2 doubles,Arika McDonald played good defense at 3b.(both Freshman).

Alcoa scrimaged  Lenior City at Lenior City 3-3-05. Alcoa 6 Lenior City 0. They played 6 ings.

Alcoa pitchers:

Hollifield-4IP-1 Hit- 0 BB-8 K's

Bach-2IP-0 Hits- 1 BB.

Sarah Vaghn hit a triple to right was the only hit given up by Alcoa pitchers. Alcoa looked O.K. for first scrimage. Alcoa plays in Heritage playday this weekend but will have 5 girls missing account of Church trip. Alcoa started 2 freshman and they looked good for their first High School game. Kaylee Garrett 2 doubles,Arika McDonald played good defense at 3b.(both Freshman).

825599887[/snapback]

Let's see....Alcoa give up one hit (to a top 5 ranked D-1 school recruit), no runs, and scored 6 in 6 innings......but they only looked O.K.! What would it take to look "good" at this point in the season TNT! Some of those Gibbs parents were talking smack about NEVER been beaten by Alcoa (or Seymour) and won't this season either......sounds like their confidence may be tainted with smidge of foolish arrogance!

Some of those Gibbs parents were talking smack about NEVER been beaten by Alcoa

825601300[/snapback]

After watching Alcoa play in the Heritage playday its not going to happen this year either.

Alcoa struggled with all aspects of the game. Hitting, Fielding, and Pitching didn't look good at all this weekend.

Alcoa 2-- West 3

Alcoa 0 -- South Doyle 2

Alcoa 6 -- Kingston 0

Coach23, You need to let your girls play and quit talking smack. One game doesn't make a season. This preseason play doesn't mean a thing. What counts is when the district starts. Then the contenders stand up and the talking pretenders go home and talk some more smack on how it should have been. Enjoy the season. Take the wins and act like you won a game before. Good luck!!

Gibbs will be okay this year. They have a lot of young talent which will get better as the season progresses. Their pitching will be better, especially with the addition of Thomas. She has a lot of ability, but will haft to learn to hit her spots to be effective in the Gibbs system. I really think the predictions in this heading are hilarious. Alcoa and Seymour rated and Gibbs not even mentioned. Alcoa and Seymour have never beaten Gibbs except in preseason talk. It has never happened and it want this year. The Gibbs program will play its tough schedule and then head back to Memphis to regain its championship. Looking forward to watching this team. They have character and lots of young talent. Carol ball is on the way back. The one year absence from State will be taken care of on the field. Not in all this wishful thanking on this forum. Good luck Eagles!!!!!

You need to go back and review posts LadyEaglesFan. You must be confusing the "smack talking" with someone else....obviously from your quote above....it is YOU. In my previous posts I have said many POSITIVE things about many programs...including Gibbs. You will hardly ever see a negative post from me about an individual player...or a team....BUT, You will have to excuse me if I take offense to comments like YOU made above. I stand behind my previous post noting the arrogance of yours above. You should try touting your team without knocking those around you. Alcoa and Seymour have worked hard to become competive in a traditionally weak district. You should welcome the competition....not put them down. See you on the field!

Hey coach23 lets bury the ax. I don't have any problems with Alcoa. I hope Seymour and Alcoa are both better this year. Our district has historically been weak. It looks like this year its going to be stronger from top to bottom. I saw your girls this fall and they look much improved. Looking forward to seeing you guys in district play. I hope our district teams do well in preseason scrimmages and regular season games. Good Luck!

Hey coach23 lets bury the ax.  I don't have any problems with Alcoa.  I hope Seymour and Alcoa are both better this year.  Our district has historically been weak.  It looks like this year its going to be stronger from top to bottom.  I saw your girls this fall and they look much improved.  Looking forward to seeing you guys in district play.  I hope our district teams do well in preseason scrimmages  and regular season games.  Good Luck!

825607411[/snapback]

Sounds great.....I am not much for holding a grudge....I am sure it will be an exciting year....but I am not from Alcoa.