Science Hill/ TN high round 4

shtopper05

Clinton has won 10 district regular season and/or tournament titles, 3 region titles, and made two state tournament appearances in the last 8 years.  They return to the substate this year after losing three players who are playing college ball; and they returned two starters.  Yet, someone wants to say they are undisciplined and not well-coached??

Some teams prefer zone presses; some prefer different styles of pressing to achieve their goals.

Just because someone's style of play differs from another team is no reason to tear down the opponent.  I'm not sure when Clinton became the mecca of athleticism; I guess it ranks right up there with Memphis, Nashville, etc ??? (sarcasm).  I also guess that this success is directly correlated to Clinton not being prepared to play??  (again, sarcasm)

To each their own.

825603964[/snapback]

man no one is tearing down an opponent, or even making direct statements about not being well coached...im not in their locker room, im watching their film...and they played undisciplined, anyone can see that...no one said they were not good, or had no shot...get your facts straight before you overanalyze...we will win this game, because we have the home court...which is a large open arena, comparewd to their smaller gym, which mnakes it more difficult to shoot in....our zone is very effective, and if we make them play our game we will win...if they make us play theirs, they will most definately have the upper hand...so dont get your panties in a twist...just check your facts before you talk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton has won 10 district regular season and/or tournament titles, 3 region titles, and made two state tournament appearances in the last 8 years.  They return to the substate this year after losing three players who are playing college ball; and they returned two starters.  Yet, someone wants to say they are undisciplined and not well-coached??

Some teams prefer zone presses; some prefer different styles of pressing to achieve their goals.

Just because someone's style of play differs from another team is no reason to tear down the opponent.  I'm not sure when Clinton became the mecca of athleticism; I guess it ranks right up there with Memphis, Nashville, etc ??? (sarcasm).  I also guess that this success is directly correlated to Clinton not being prepared to play??  (again, sarcasm)

To each their own.

825603964[/snapback]

Just because a team made it to substate after losing 3 players to college ball doesnt mean they still cant be undisciplined. Clinton plays a fast paced game they try to trade baskets

Vikingpride,

I am in the lockerroom and I do know what is being taught; there is no overanalyzing anything. Some people prefer moderate tempo basketball (and are successful) while others prefer uptempo basketball (and are successful). The average person watches Clinton play and assumes that there are no rules to their defense in the full and the half court; nothing could be further from the truth. It appears that the common definition of "disciplined" that is being applied is slower tempo, less trapping, more conservative basketball (nothing wrong with that); I would argue that a team can also be disciplined by playing a fast paced game and following the rules and philosophy of their particular scheme. When someone takes a shot at our program, I will defend our program. I have nothing but respect for Coach Burns and the Tennessee program and would be the first to tell anyone that it is very difficult for me to fairly assess the nuances of their program because they are not a common opponent for us; I would hope that others would judge Clinton in the same manner.

Edited by marcvols

man no one is tearing down an opponent, or even making direct statements about not being well coached...im not in their locker room, im watching their film...and they played undisciplined, anyone can see that...no one said they were not good, or had no shot...get your facts straight before you overanalyze...we will win this game, because we have the home court...which is a large open arena, comparewd to their smaller gym, which mnakes it more difficult to shoot in....our zone is very effective, and if we make them play our game we will win...if they make us play theirs, they will most definately have the upper hand...so dont get your panties in a twist...just check your facts before you talk

825604599[/snapback]

Man you so called vikings are all bent out of shape. You win one game against a good team and think you are ready for the world. So let get your facts straight and get a real schedule. Face it science hill owns you and always will. You just got Lucky. thumb

Man you so called vikings are all bent out of shape.  You win one game against a good team and think you are ready for the world.  So let get your facts straight and get a real schedule. Face it science hill owns you and always will. You just got Lucky. thumb

825604776[/snapback]

i dont know about saying they got lucky, they did pull it off in the 2nd OT, after our 2 game-winning opportunities failed....

but i dont agree with them talking trash to SH people when we have won 3, and we only played in the palace 1 out of 4 games...they had the benefit of home court and we only gave up one loss, so we were clearly the better team...

i think the main problem with THS is they dont ever bring anyone off the bench...team's need diversity, everyone knows how the players on TN high play, to watch out for shaud driving in the lane, to watch terrill stepping out and shooting 3's, to watch that other guy for the occasional 3, to box out "goose", and to watch #20, well maybe not. :D

i think that both teams have a tough road ahead, starting with monday's matchups...i have to say good luck to TN high, even though i hate every one of you more than anything right now, i still want someone from east tn. to go far in state...and Science Hill will be ready to play at Oak Ridge on monday...hopefully we'll be able to pull off the W.

good luck to both teams.

i dont know about saying they got lucky, they did pull it off in the 2nd OT, after our 2 game-winning opportunities failed....

but i dont agree with them talking trash to SH people when we have won 3, and we only played in the palace 1 out of 4 games...they had the benefit of home court and we only gave up one loss, so we were clearly the better team...

i think the main problem with THS is they dont ever bring anyone off the bench...team's need diversity, everyone knows how the players on TN high play, to watch out for shaud driving in the lane, to watch terrill stepping out and shooting 3's, to watch that other guy for the occasional 3, to box out "goose", and to watch #20, well maybe not.  :lol:

i think that both teams have a tough road ahead, starting with monday's matchups...i have to say good luck to TN high, even though i hate every one of you more than anything right now, i still want someone from east tn. to go far in state...and Science Hill will be ready to play at Oak Ridge on monday...hopefully we'll be able to pull off the W.

good luck to both teams.

825604842[/snapback]

why do u hate us i thought the one win dosent matter i dont see why u cant see that what happend in the past dosnt matter anymore you say u hate us?? for what?? we are regional champs who gets home court advantage for sub-state we do and all u topper fans can do is cry and make up these little biotchy excuses about "ohh they got lucky" and "we won 3 other games against them" that is bull **** we beat yall even when you tryed to hold the ball for 4 mins straight when science hill wakes up every morning when and have a game against the vikings they know that it is going to be a close game down to the wire and they will always hate us cause they know we are their compatition.

and what is so funny about #20 he is a good ball player so i dunno why u think ur so funny its gay

Vikingpride,

I am in the lockerroom and I do know what is being taught; there is no overanalyzing anything.  Some people prefer moderate tempo basketball (and are successful) while others prefer uptempo basketball (and are successful).  The average person watches Clinton play and assumes that there are no rules to their defense in the full and the half court; nothing could be further from the truth.  It appears that the common definition of "disciplined" that is being applied is slower tempo, less trapping, more conservative basketball (nothing wrong with that); I would argue that a team can also be disciplined by playing a fast paced game and following the rules and philosophy of their particular scheme.  When someone takes a shot at our program, I will defend our program.  I have nothing but respect for Coach Burns and the Tennessee program and would be the first to tell anyone that it is very difficult for me to fairly assess the nuances of their program because they are not a common opponent for us; I would hope that others would judge Clinton in the same manner.

825604771[/snapback]

no one is taking a shot at your program... i was purely analyzing...and if you want to take it offensively then go for it...i realy dont care...all i said was it looked like they lacked discipline on defense... i enver criticized, or put down their style of play...can you argue the point that they score a lot of points? no...because they are a high scoring team...now can you also argue that they give up a ton of points also? that is also true...defense wins championships...our defense won us a chance to go to region final;s...and it won us the region title...say what you want toppers...you know darn well we could have won all 4 of the games we played you...and you won 3 of them, 2 in overtime, and one on last second free throws on a questionable call...and we ghave you all credit for that...you all are just too stubborn to think that anyone around here is as good as you are...we will beat clinton, because our defense does not give up a lot of points, and we will make them play our game....if you want to take that offensively there marco then to each his own

Edited by vikingpride34

why do u hate us i thought the one win dosent matter i dont see why u cant see that what happend in the past dosnt matter anymore you say u hate us?? for what?? we are regional champs who gets home court advantage for sub-state we do and all u topper fans can do is cry and make up these little biotchy excuses about "ohh they got lucky" and "we won 3 other games against them" that is bull **** we beat yall even when you tryed to hold the ball for 4 mins straight  when science hill wakes up every morning when and have a game against the vikings they know that it is going to be a close game down to the wire and they will always hate us cause they know we are their compatition.

and what is so funny about #20 he is a good ball player so i dunno why u think ur so funny its gay

825604944[/snapback]

I agree ya'll beat us and played the better game on friday, but to your comment about #20 being good, he's not good at all, he didn't have 1 point in the game on friday, he bricked about 3 3 pointers, the only shots he took all game...he's not good

I agree ya'll beat us and played the better game on friday, but to your comment about #20 being good, he's not good at all, he didn't have 1 point in the game on friday, he bricked about 3 3 pointers, the only shots he took all game...he's not good

825605284[/snapback]

and #20 did not score on thursday either...

and i do remember him turning the ball over a lot, and talking trash to us before BOTH games...

we're not making fun of him for no reason...he was talking trash saying how much better he was than us BEFORE thursday and friday's games, and he couldnt back it up...he is TERRIBLE.

and as far as thsballa said about us being whiny "biotches" or whatever, i believe i said good luck to you in the next game and i defended you by saying you weren't lucky, you played good in the 2nd OT...so stop that bs.

but like i said before, you all better enjoy that win, hope you got to have a few beers or something after the game, cause thats all your getting from us for the next few years...

Edited by shtopper05

This thread is getting pretty deep.  You Viking fans are a boastful and critical of who you play.  It doesn't matter how big your gym is or how many fans you bring or anything else you do.  It doesn't matter what you think of our team or our coach because that will not change how we are going to bring it.  This game will be decided by the kids on the court who will be doing their best and the coaches who will lead them.  It is pay back time for the Dragons and is long over due.  I hope you Vikings continue to take it lightly cause it will hit you that much harder when it is over.

And that's all I got to say 'bout that !

825605445[/snapback]

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS chsbbfan...we analyze, and you take it as criticism...i hope you come to play because you are going to have to...you speak of payback with all those words, you are the one taking shots at our program and boasting when we have just stated facts...lets see who will eat their words after tomorrow night...you better bring it

Time for the "talk" to end. These games are here and all the teams are fairly even, it is anybody's win, it boils down to who wants it the most.

Art, there you go picking against OR again. These guys are really pulling it together down the stretch and will be a tough team to beat.

Welcome to Oak Ridge 'Toppers, the game is on, kick back and enjoy some of the best High School BB in East Tennessee! GO WILDCATS GO! thumb

Time for the "talk" to end.  These games are here and all the teams are fairly even, it is anybody's win, it boils down to who wants it the most. 

Art, there you go picking against OR again.  These guys are really pulling it together down the stretch and will be a tough team to beat. 

Welcome to Oak Ridge 'Toppers, the game is on, kick back and enjoy some of the best High School BB in East Tennessee!  GO WILDCATS GO! thumb

825606970[/snapback]

yea the games really are pretty even now...while home court advantage is important in these matchups, the talent is pretty much even between the teams. I know that Science Hill will be ready to play tonight, coming off the tough loss to Tn High on Friday...so it should be a good game...

As far as TN high/ Clinton goes, i dont really know much about Clinton, but if they can get by TN high's defense and have any offensive game, they will be able to come out of there with the win im sure...

GO TOPPERS