District 7a?

J-Dawg seems to be awful cocky, but I guess monterey has that right since they won twice this year, but I think that was the case last year in the district tourny wasn't it. Monterey is cocky, thats just how we want them to be. As for the H.S. game, it might has well have been batting practice, good way to pump up the stats. Good Luck to everyone tonight, I don't know about monterey but Pickett is pitching Josh Wright.

825668542[/snapback]

I AGREE THAT THIS THING IS A TOSS UP, BUT UNLESS JON PHILLIPS BREAKS HIS HAND BEFORE THE GAME, WE CAN'T COMPARE IT TO LAST YEAR. I THINK MY CATS HAVE THE PITCHING TO GET IT DONE THIS YEAR. ALOT OF THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE DECIDED BY WHO SHOWS AND WANTS IT BAD ENOUGH AND DELIVERS GOOD ERROR FREE BASEBALL.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of those four could win this thing. Quite a race. How big is the homefield advantage for RBS?

825668363[/snapback]

Homefield is big for RBS...RBS seems to play better at home....It means more this year than last because last year we had an expirienced team that would win on the road if need be...we don't have that this year....This year we have a young team that seems to have more confidence playing at home than on the road...When heady was pitching this year Monterey put up 4 runs and Pickett put up 3 in 9 innings....We only put up 2 runs in both of those games on the road...at home with Heady pitching we put up 5 runs against Monterey and Clay co and put up 10 runs against Pickett...That's why I say playing at home is a big advantage for RBS going into the tourney...But we'll just have to wait and see how it all fairs our for us tonight....

Tell em loop we aint all cocky but when everybody picks pickett to beat us just because a two game winning streak they have yet to realize that we have won nine straight.but i dont care who realizes it really.Whats your predictions on monterey and celina tonight??Should be a great game good luck to all in the tourny!!

Clay Co and Monterey both have some good talent on their team. But the one thing that Monterey has going for them that Clay Co. doesn't is a great coach who has the respect of his players. Monterey will probably win this game by 4 runs.

825669434[/snapback]

This is true.

Whoever wins or loses the Clay and Monterey game tonight both teams should be sitting in good shape no matter what because RBS and Picket both have to play tonight and win 4 games straight...I believe no team in the district has the pitching to cover 4 games straight like that...Whoever wins the game tonight between Clay and Monterey will win the tournament in my opinion...