Elizabethton wins, Unaka loses

daizee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Besty girls, you played hard and deserve it!!!

Tough break for the Lady Landers.

I would have lost my farm had I bet against Unaka or Cloudland, But It was said earlier. Unaka hadn't really played anybody. and it came back to haunt them in the end. Great season though...maybe a school record for wins?

Well let's just show up Monday and support the boys, Should be much of a game though and it's too far to drive to Knox to watch CAK and Univ high

There can be no disputing the tremendous season of the Lady Cyclones. Just when doubters like me felt that they might run out of gas, they simply reached within and captured yet another victory. There should be nothing but Good stated about the Lady Cyclones of Elizabethton High School.

As to Unaka not playing anybody: Happy Valley, Hampton, Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Volunteer (three times, just like Elizabethton); Johnson County, twice (the Lady Cyclones played them three times); they traveled to Pickett County and played two very good opponents. And they defeated Unicoi by nine; the Lady Cyclones defeated the Lady Blue Devils twice by seven, plus the big win in Elizabethton. In other words, ten of Unaka's wins were over the same teams the Lady Cyclones gathered 16 of their wins.

Unaka also traveled to McCallie and won that tournament, with two players sidelined. They won the Volunteer Tournament with Roberson, Osborne and Babb out of commission. And of course the effort to schedule the Lady Cyclones when it was learned that there were openings.

But I would have to think that 30 - 3, though very disappointing now, is a pretty remarkable record. They played anybody who dared, and defeated all but two of them. The loss to the Highlanders came after Unaka had beaten them in three previous meetings.

I'm not sure what else the Lady Rangers could have done to enhance their schedule.

Thanks Bunches, coachtcyclone!

I will now cease to make excuses for my Darlings of the Creek. They couldn't finish the Region; it put them in a very tough situation, much like Austin East put Oliver Springs in. We probably didn't see the very best that O S had to offer in Elizabethton; but Elizabethton had a lot to do with that.

It's difficult enough to face a tough opponent on the road; much tougher after a very devastating loss to a close rival. The Lady Cyclones are not the team I'd want to face after a tough loss in the Regional Final.

I feel that the Lady Cyclones have some very good matchups for anybody they happen to play. They will definitely be tested; but this team is special; they've proven themselves in every imaginable situation. I can't honestly say I have any idea how good the other teams in State are; but Elizabethton is NOT the team I'd want to draw in the first round. They're very business-like. They need no adjustment time. They'll compete with, or beat the best in the Tournament.