Brentwood Academy in weak DII

timbdp

BA is a GREAT TEAM don't get me wrong at all. I give them their props. I was just wondering how they would do versus White Station, Fairley, Ridgeway, Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, Lexington night in and night out. They beat Giles County twice, including a win on GCHS's own floor! Giles also beat Father Ryan who made it to the state semi-finals.

This is not degrading BA in any way, just talking about the seemingly easy IN-CONFERENCE schedule they had. Because we all know they did everything possible to go out and play tougher teams.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA is a GREAT TEAM don't get me wrong at all.  I give them their props.  I was just wondering how they would do versus White Station, Fairley, Ridgeway, Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, Lexington night in and night out.  They beat Giles County twice, including a win on GCHS's own floor!  Giles also beat Father Ryan who made it to the state semi-finals.

This is not degrading BA in any way, just talking about the seemingly easy IN-CONFERENCE schedule they had.  Because we all know they did everything possible to go out and play tougher teams.

825605844[/snapback]

It isn't an easy conference come football or wrestling season that is for sure.

Who knows how BA would do against the schools that you named. I would bet that they would be good close games. Next year will be the year that BA should be considered more dominant than this year, anyway.

BA is a GREAT TEAM don't get me wrong at all.  I give them their props.  I was just wondering how they would do versus White Station, Fairley, Ridgeway, Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, Lexington night in and night out.  They beat Giles County twice, including a win on GCHS's own floor!  Giles also beat Father Ryan who made it to the state semi-finals.

This is not degrading BA in any way, just talking about the seemingly easy IN-CONFERENCE schedule they had.  Because we all know they did everything possible to go out and play tougher teams.

825605844[/snapback]

Compared to the teams west of the Tennessee River, there is no question

that BA plays and easier conference schedule (not necessarily easy). Personally,

I would enjoy seeing a matchup with Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, White Station, Mitchell, etc. However, let's be realistic. Other than a rumored matchup

next year with Mitchell, I don't see anyone of those schools being added to the

schedule (for a variety of reasons). BA travels out of state because they are

invited to high profile showcase events. Without question that is because of

Brandan Wright.

No disrespect to Memphis, but would you rather travel to Los Angeles and

play Mater Dei or travel to Memphis to play Raleigh-Egypt? You take the

opportunities to provide your kids with opportunities to experience life beyond

your borders.

To all of those who continue to claim DII is weak please look at DII AAA from top to bottom. And not just basketball but all sports. This group of schools and their athletes are the best, most athletic allaround kids in the state. I would put up DII's teams against any team in the state in any sport. No one on here from DII has said we are the best or anything ignorant, but for some reason others cannot let this go. If you don;t like it or DII, fine...move on. Just be content in your school and your team. And patriot05, you might want to wait untill your school wins ANYTHING before running your mouth on a message board, but NOT in those DII locker rooms :D

Edited by CR4

well im sorry public schools dont go out and recruit players years before they come to schools, they take what they are givin an work with it, talent comes and goes..not every body can afford to go to a private school, not like i would want to any way but alot of public schools are great for what they have to work with also

There you go another ignorant comment someone should smack you. :) haha

Ryan dosnt recruit we never have and i have asked coach bontregar why we dont recruit and he simply said "i play with the cards that are delt."- yeah PatriotFan05 that was a direct quote but you keep on talking out of your ---, i find your ignorance amusing :)

first of all brentwood beat catholic pretty bad and catholic beat alcoa twice semour sequioah, ottelwa, and farragut and those are some public schools that would stand not chance against ba this year but now that brandon wright is gone i dont know how good ba will be. but quit talkin and play them

first of all brentwood beat catholic pretty bad and catholic beat alcoa twice semour sequioah, ottelwa, and farragut and those are some public schools that would stand not chance against ba this year but now that brandon wright is gone i dont know how good ba will be. but quit talkin and play them

825606519[/snapback]

uhhh...brandons not gone yet chief...

825606519[/snapback]

Good try, Brandans a junior