Maryville Basketball

orangecrush27

First of all, I would like to congratulate Maryville on a very fine season. You had a great record and played very hard on the floor. The athletes on your team conducted themselves in a very fine fashion.

However, it is very disappointing to see that the Maryville staff has chosen to provide a game tape of their game with Clinton to Tennessee High. One would think that their loyalties would be to a more LOCAL school. I have asked myself the question, "Would Coach Quarles do this?"; I don't think that there is any way that he would. I would not question a local coach giving a verbal scouting report or even something written, but to give the game tape is ridiculous IMO.

To my knowledge, Maryville and Tennessee High don't play in basketball - maybe there is some previous relationship between the coaches or maybe Coach Nelson thinks that the favor will be returned - one problem with that thought, you have to get there for it to be returned.

Very sad to see that this has occurred, but what goes around, comes around.

I think that it is pretty much common knowledge that football coaches exchange tapes all the time with their upcoming oponents. Basketball coaches usually exchange tapes with certain schools. You help me and I will help you when I can. Nothing wrong with this as far as I see it. Most coaches have scouts at the games and get tapes to watch tendancies of the teams they are playing. I think this comes under the heading of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

However, it is very disappointing to see that the Maryville staff has chosen to provide a game tape of their game with Clinton to Tennessee High.  One would think that their loyalties would be to a more LOCAL school.

825605097[/snapback]

It is called bait and switch. Maryville gave a tape to TN high in return for TN high vs. Science Hill. If your coach did not do it with Science Hill then he's not very smart.