Chester Co vs Elizabethton

basketballnuts

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rikki baughman and michaela pitrowski will be the key in the game. what has stunned the recent opponents of elizabethton is those two's speed and their ability to rollover and block shots on defense. they just work together real well. but if Chester Co.'s other posts can somehow neutralize pitrowski and rikki, the game might be won on the perimiter which i dont know if e-town has the fire power to hang with chester co. there. also elizabethton is conditioned very well and passes the ball like every team dreams about. that may play into the outcome as well

Elizabethton in a nail-biter thumb

From what I understand, Chester County has a very good post (Holmes), an outstanding point guard (Holiday), and a Miss Basketball Finalist (Thomas)as a 5-11 wing who can shoot lights out and score in the post. Their other players are good and know their roles. Sound familiar? Elizabethton has much the same type of team. I think the key matchup is at point guard. The Chester PG is a Belmont signee and is about Val's size, and very very quick. I think EHS will more than hold their own in the post, and if they can get out on Thomas and keep her from hitting the threes (she hit 5 in the substate game), and control the PG's penetration, we should be able to keep Chester County in the 40s. I look for a close game.

Edited by coaches_corner

The most important thing if Oliver Springs wants to win this game is a question of if they can match the physical play in the paint and keep Elizabethton off their backs and not get tied up. OS needs to go into the game knowing that Redd (45), their point guard, will play very physical on the outside as well. She will throw elbows during dead balls and will leap on anyone to get a loose ball and most of the time will not be called for a foul. OS: Do not let the officals get the best you. They will not call a good ball game and the fans will feel they are very one sided. Oliver Springs must keep their heads straight and not show any negative emotion. Crapps (21) can shoot lights out from beyond the arc if she is set. Hopson (25) was not very impressive. Just mainly a role player. Help off of her. Make her beat you. Rikki can go left and right but can not go nearly as hard to her left. She picks up a bunch of garbage just by being in the right place at the right time (and she does this well). The big girl inside gets upset very easily if she is called for a foul or is fouled hard herself. Be physical with her BEFORE she gets the ball because once she gets the ball they will call a foul if she puts it up.Good luck to both teams. May the best team win.

825602191[/snapback]

Good scouting report.

rikki baughman and michaela pitrowski will be the key in the game.  what has stunned the recent opponents of elizabethton is those two's speed and their ability to rollover and block shots on defense.  they just work together real well.  but if Chester Co.'s other posts can somehow neutralize pitrowski and rikki, the game might be won on the perimiter which i dont know if e-town has the fire power to hang with chester co. there.    also elizabethton is conditioned very well and passes the ball like every team dreams about.  that may play into the outcome as well

Elizabethton in a nail-biter thumb

825608559[/snapback]

Bud I agree with You if EHS stops Thomas, ECS will close another day. Cyclones will win if they eliminate the careless mistakes they had of Saturday. GO CYCLONES!!

I hear they are calling for CYCLONE FORCE WINDS at the 'BORO!!!!

Edited by betsyfballfan60